They actually did a barrel run
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

They actually did a barrel run

Jaguar actually did let the E-Pace do a barrel roll on the presentation. I am a little impressed. Let's put on the rosy glasses (if that's an expression in English) and say, that it's very enteraining that Jaguar is trying to do something special with their presentations of new cars. The XE was flown into London under a helicopter, the XF drove on a line over the Thames, the F-Pace did a loop.

With all those, you could see safety wires, balancing weights and the wheels of the XF were clearly modified to run on a wire. And it doesn't take too much skill to drive a car on a wire of through a loop. Just a steady hand a perhaps a small death wish.

This barrel roll seems much harder to do. The driver has to control the car using the exact correct speed and steering precisely. I know, James Bond did the same thing forty years ago in an AMC Hornet. But James Bond is special. He is in a category of his own.

I think it's a fun idea to do something different about car presentations. This is a bit old-fashioned, quirky and circus like. Like an old-fashioned fair or the good old stuntmen like Evel Knievel. It also plays Things Down and seem less snobbish or arrogant unlike an elegant upmarket presentation at some fancy place.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I agree. That is a hard one to do. Even though the vehicle was extensively modified, it was still a neat stunt.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Here is the practice footage...looks like fun

Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover