Was it too early for the I-Pace ?
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Was it too early for the I-Pace ?

Different car/ market I know but given the present plight of diesel cars, which in the U.K. the F-Pace is , and the high level of interest in Hybrids I wonder if the Outlander will steal a march on Jaguar.
    Diesel is bad news and the I-Pace will be expensive.

Best selling PHEV in Europe must be worth a few diesel F-Paces ?

Mitsubishi delivers 635 Outlander PHEVs to Ukranian police

Posted June 8, 2017 by Charles Morris

Mitsubishi has delivered 635 Outlander PHEV vehicles to the National Police of Ukraine, an order resulting from an emissions trading agreement called the Green Investment Scheme.

This is the second time MMC has supplied vehicles under the Green Investment Scheme – in 2011, it delivered 507 i‐MiEVs to the government of Estonia.

Since its launch in 2013, the Outlander PHEV has recorded cumulative sales of 80,768 units (as of the end of 2016), and has been the best-selling PHEV in Europe for four years in a row.

At the delivery ceremony, MMC President Osamu Masuko said, “I would like to thank the Ukrainian government for evaluating our Outlander PHEV highly and deciding that it is the right option for the country’s police force.

The Outlander PHEV is not only environmentally friendly but also contains our latest technologies such as our advanced 4-wheel-drive system Super All-Wheel Control, which makes it highly suitable for police use.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

It is not too late if the I-Pace is done right and proves to be a worthy vehicle. The issue is that Jaguar is doing the I-Pace in a rushed, desperate mode. The chances of them producing a competitive product in this fashion is nil.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    Well it might be that the Outlander will be seen off by:

....................... Jaguar E-Pace !

Jaguar confirmed that the E-Pace will become the brand's second SUV/crossover next year.

A third crossover, the battery-powered I-Pace, will join Jaguar's lineup after the E-Pace, also next year.
    The E-Pace will ride on the platform that underpins the XE sedan.

"The combination of sports car looks with Jaguar performance will ensure that the E-Pace stands out," Ian Callum, Jaguar director of design, said in a statement.

Technical details are few, but Jaguar says the E-Pace will be available with the company's Ingenium gasoline and diesel engines.

The E-Pace will come standard with all-wheel drive.

Jaguar will officially introduce the E-Pace in London on July 13.

A teaser image of the E-Pace released by Jaguar.

"Every Jaguar is designed to excite the senses, and we think E-Pace will do just that, albeit with its own character," Callum said.

Porsche created the successful template for high-performance crossover vehicles with the Cayenne and Macan.

The F-Pace crossover, launched last year, has been one of the hottest-selling vehicles in Jaguar's history.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post

Notice the photoshopped panel gap? As they used to say about the original Range Rover - the only things that can be seen from space are the Great Wall of China and R/Rover panel gaps.

So we've got fake panel gaps, what else? This:

'Jaguar confirmed that the E-Pace will become the brand's second SUV/crossover next year. The E-Pace will ride on the platform that underpins the XE sedan.'

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...coming-in-2018

- a blatant lie, of course. They, JLR and its media lackeys, know that if word gets out that the E-Pace is just a re-frock of the Evoque, itself a refrock of the 2006 Freelander, and of course built on a FWD obsolete £15k Mondeo platform, the bell of BL-Vanden Plas will ring in the head of older Brits, and the airhead yummie mummies, who don't know their FWD arse from their RWD elbow, will continue to buy their £50k Evoques anyway - until the BMW X2 appears, next month.

#IPODesperation #VandenPlas.

PS why would they not build the 'E-Voque' in Halewood, with sources close to Magna Steyr saying they have the contract?

If true, it's because:

a)Halewood is a blackhole for product quality, producing simple vehicles all based on a bog standard more than decade-old Ford platform. Speth's team are deliberately snubbing the JLR UK workforce.

b) escape from Brexit's complications, putting production into Europe, with Magna Steyr in Austria.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 21-06-17 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post

I just read on the Facebook page of Jaguar Magazine, that the E-Pace will debut next month. I was just going to post it, but you beat me to it. It's great, that Jaguar releases new models. Perhaps they are moving forward and not standing still, as we started to fear. Compared to the competition, Jaguar has a very small model range, so it doesn't harm having a few more to choose from. I hope the shape of the rear lights show, that the design will be more "edgy" like the F-Pace and the C-X75 and not rounded like the current Jaguars. Not that the current Jaguars look bad, but times are moving on. I really love the C-X75 and think it's such i pity, they never put it into production. The I-Pace continues that design language and also looks really great.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Tad- dah, the new E-voque!

'E-voque', not (X)E-Pace, as Richard Truett of Autonews Europe would like the plebs to swallow, attempting to justify £50k for a 2006 Freelander, confirmed by Auto Motor und Sport, or just by looking at the front wheel position - FWD

'Der neue Jaguar E-Pace basiert auf der schon etwas älteren D8-Plattform von Land Rover, auf der unter anderem der neue Discovery Sport, aber auch der Range Rover Evoque aufbauen'

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...v-3702992.html

Mitsubishi sells more than 1m vehicles annually. It doesn't matter how many PHEV it sells, they lose money in every one. In fact, until Nissan took control Mitsubishi lost money on every vehicle it sold.

There is no market for the iPace so it matters not how successful it may be. Jaguar will lose money on every iPace it is forced to make. Zero would be an ideal sales target.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

I love it.....that is exactly how Nokia and RIM reacted to the iPhone.

Here is what Germany's Berenberg Bank recently wrote in a report to investors...

“(Legacy Manufacturer) complacency about electric vehicle (EV) technology is worse than perceived. Despite more talk of developing EVs for mass-market adoption, a lack of real action and strategic commitments betray their underlying conviction, with no clear pathway to high-volume EV production before the mid-2020s. Tesla will be given a near-monopolistic opportunity to gain market share and outcompete the incumbent automotive industry,”
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

And my read is that the legacy manufacturers are happy to leave the EV market vacant for tesla to exploit.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Quote Originally Posted by Baron95 View Post
    I love it.....that is exactly how Nokia and RIM reacted to the iPhone.

Here is what Germany's Berenberg Bank recently wrote in a report to investors...
    They're not complacent, they just don't see any profit in EVs now or in the near future.

Germans are often seen as techno freaks, but actually they are money people first, and they hate to send good money after bad, like money to Greece.

Their head tells them, whatever the clarion calls from the media and bankers' notes, that there is no money in electric, at least in the mass market.

They are being forced to make an offering due to the collapse of diesel and the green anti-fossil fuel bandwagon, so with their hard-headed pragmatism, not wide-eyed techno lust, they are getting their chemical mates to grab hold of the fundamentals of these milkfloats, and get the costs into control.

Tesla will fall over with the Model 3. It's not just that there is fundamentally no money in a $35k EV, it's that they can't do mass production. It's this that is actually killing them, as quality and costs go out of control at Fremont.