Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 182
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 1,811 to 1,816 of 1816
    I had a long conversation with an I Pace owner last weekend at the JLR classic facility at Ryton and his main complaint was on the very much reduced mileage on each charge compared with the 300 miles claimed by Jaguar. He struggles to achieve 240 miles although his wife who is not so heavy footed has got 260 so far short of the claim. From his 6 month ownership and experience of his dealer he feels that the I Pace is very much a concept car launched too early and all the problems he has experienced Jaguar have no answers for and it is change components to see what works and if it solves the issue. His dealer complains that the back up from JLR technical is lacking resulting in I Paces off the road waiting for information to solve problems. Powering down seems to be another issue and the lack of technicians trained and if I Paces end up with accident damage bodyshops are not able to carry out the powerdown which apparently is essential before working on the car and spacesuits and £30K of kit required and always 2 technicians required for the operation.Not a happy customer then so this overpriced wonder from Jaguar could be the last straw which finally brings about the demise of JLR.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    Not a happy customer then so this overpriced wonder from Jaguar could be the last straw which finally brings about the demise of JLR.
    JLR 'demised' 3-4 years ago. It's being held in zombie state by the state - the UK, i.e., British taxpayers.

I-Pace came about because:

a) 'New Gen' was a total flop - XJ(X351) was already completely dead by 2014, XE and XF II monumental flops from birth.

b) Speth basically ditched 'JLR Britain', in exasperation at JLR's (non-)engineering/total incompetence and woeful build quality at Solihull in particular, and ran away to his known mates in 'Greater Germany' - southern Bavaria/Austria - after they had 'black box', totally done the four-wheel drive Jags in 2012-13 - why didn't Land Rover do it?

Magna turned around the I-Pace contract in short order - about 2 years, from late 2015.

Speth dealt with JLR's abysmal British product and build quality by kicking in the teeth of Solihull and Halewood, by setting up effectively a shadow factory in Slovakia - no need for Solihull, with 300k+/yr capacity - and giving the Evoque in drag(er) E-Pace to Magna, when it could easily, and should, have been built in Halewood - which is now dropping shifts.

Magna delivered, as per Speth's orders, but even these excellent product and production engineers - G-Class etc - couldn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - trying to make a Tesla competitor from a 2012/2003 full-fat Range Rover/XJ X350 platform.

They tried to make it light(er), to get the Tesla-necessary 300 miles range, by cutting off the rear overhang, and ditching most of the sound deadening - resulting in a small, awkward boot, minimal rear seat room, and a noisy, tinny car.

Speth's JLR is summed up in the I-Pace: an expedient lashup, born of JLR's underlying abysmal engineering competence - so outsourced - and done at haste because the base, 'bread and butter' cars were complete sales flops, due to no investment in genuine new platforms, powertrains and technologies by an owner that was just using it for maximum cash extraction, knowing that the UK state and media would hide this fact, and ultimately step in to stop JLR going officially, publicly bust, because it was unacceptable politically in the UK.

So the I-Pace was an internal - JLR's engineering and production incompetence - and external - the uncacceptable PR hit of JLR failing - political vehicle, not a real vehicle, and hence all the awards showering, in the face of perhaps the worst car ever to come from a 'British' car maker.

And so this is the (near) reality of 'World Car of the Year', barely 12 months after 'rapturous reception' launch:

'Jaguar I-PACE Sales Decreased To 903 In August 2019'

https://insideevs.com/news/370460/ja...s-august-2019/

- that's the JLR declared 'sales' of course.

I said just this week that Magna, who is blaming BMW for having to sack workers, is actually making around 10k I-Paces a year, against the claimed 25k.

With the above, official figure, the situation is worse, even with the expected uplift this month from the UK - '69' plates.

The I-Pace's true demand, and hence real sales situation is now closer to 5k than 10k/yr annualised.

That's why Magna (Steyr) in Graz is in turmoil, along with near equal drop against planned/hoped for production of the E-Pace.

Not a word of course in the media.

They daren't, especially because their orders this week were to 'get Defender away' - brainwash all those middle class English men that paying £60-80k for another version of the ancient 2012/2002 platform, with a 2-litre Ingenium engine was what every patriotic Brit must do - even though it's made in 1,000 miles away Slovakia.

Some day, someone will write a book about all this - maybe 'Madhouse Britain: How a whole country lost its mind and its morals', or 'JLR: Jokers, Liars and Rogues'.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 15-09-19 at 08:39. Reason: typos

Demob happy, having a laugh at JLR's and owners' expense over the now out in the open joke I-Pace, or serious and ready for the funny farm?:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...t-cheaper-soon

- no one told the clown that VAG is already doing $100/kWh or less for its batteries, due to its enormous clout, and 700 kms is becoming the standard range for real, acutal bespoke '2nd gen' EVs, like the EQS and BMW iNext?

FFS, get rid this of moron/lunatic.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

We can be pretty sure that JLR/JLR's PR arm, Haymarket Media, reads this forum, for this thread and 'Does this look like success?', as evidenced just today by the obvious rebuttal/PR exercise of saying the XF facelift is a thing, in Autocar, which just happened to wipe out/overwrite the earlier Feb 2019 article which said it was due for launch in 'the second half of this year', so will someone there please:

- have Speth 'retired', with immediate effect - 'personal health/family reasons' etc. He's either sad, bad or mad.

He either knows nothing about key matters - utterly incompetent - or is actually, unbelievably, consciously trolling the suckers who bought the now admiited not fit for purpose and vastly overpriced I-Pace in the last 12 months - which is more than enough grounds for instant dismissal.

Come on you ... , do something for once in your useless, hitherto shameful 'careers', and eject this blighter from JLR.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Demob happy, having a laugh at JLR's and owners' expense over the now out in the open joke I-Pace, or serious and ready for the funny farm?:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...t-cheaper-soon

- no one told the clown that VAG is already doing $100/kWh or less for its batteries, due to its enormous clout, and 700 kms is becoming the standard range for real, acutal bespoke '2nd gen' EVs, like the EQS and BMW iNext?

FFS, get rid this of moron/lunatic.
    Jaguar’s worry about charging infrastructure is simply an excuse for their failure to provide fast charging.
    Audi / Mercedes can charge their cars to 80% in a fraction of the time the IPace requires.

Imagine an EQC with similar if not more interior space, 300 kg at least less weight, real range of 300 miles with the largest battery pack option, and a price at least €/£10k less - the EQB:

Looks almost ready for launch.

ID.3, ID.4, Polestar 2, EQB - all cars that are due in the next 6-12 months, and will sell big, due to £30-50k price, as opposed to JLR's 2018 I-Pace that now seems as stale as week-old bread, and the promise of a Powerpoint 2020 eXJ.

No wonder the Indians want to try to bounce some fool into taking JLR off them.