Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 163
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1771
    It's not good for one's blood pressure watching JLR crash tests. Just noticed:

1. in both frontal impact tests, the side airbags of the I-Pace didn't operate/inflate, yet the e-tron's did, for both tests. Why this glaring difference?

Surely they should have operated at least for the offset crash, as this produces a yaw, sideways impulse on the car, meaning the occupants will be accelerated sideways as well as forwards. Surely this is a test fail? How in the hell does one set of rules apply to one maker -JLR - and another, far more onerous set, to everyone else?

How in the hell is the shyster operation Thatcham 'Research' not exposed, still in business?

2. Look at the I-Pace vid at 1:16-1.17, for the side impact test. Does that not show, clearly, just the driver's side airbag inflated, and no rear inflated, or beginning to even be inflated - a clear pane of glass? Am I going blind? Compare it to the e-tron's same test, where both bags, front and rear, clearly are visibly inflated - 1:07-1:08

And yet, supposedly all from the same, single test, it shows, at 1:27-1:29, the rear airbag inflated.

Don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to realise that Thatcham have done skullduggery. In one shot the rear bag is nowhere to be seen, and then it is. If, as it 99.99% looks, the rear airbag failed, or the cars sensors didn't even sense it, or JLR's cars are just sh!t/zero developed, this is a test fail, never mind 5*s or 4*s.

3. something's off with the side pole test for the I-Pace, too. At its simplest, it's just, why are the wipers operating from this crash - seen plainly at 1:35-1:36? But the damage, post impact, also looks very severe.

In the slow motion, other shots of this side pole impact, we see perhaps the wipers not operating, going up, but the coming down. Is this another 2-times. several times 'single test', or manipulated in its editing etc?

Overall, the damage to the e-tron from the side pole impact looks less severe - 1:46-1:47 (e-tron video) being the money shot.

4. Why did Thatcham's I-Pace test vid not have a whiplash part - as in the e-tron's at 1:48:1:54?

Was it because that would have shown graphically how awful the I-Pace's seat backrests are, stability wise?

And stil with all this, publicly available, and everyting else known about the I-Pace - (non)-braking recalls etc - there are still idiots who think it's a game changer and worthy car of the year, and JLR's future and saviour. We're F'ed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

The French guys, 'Caradisiac', who drove an I-Pace around the Peripherique, have done the same with the e-tron, at lower ambient temp, and found pretty much same range, even though the I-Pace claims around 15% more WLTP:

Okay, 558.3 ​​km is exactly 15.6 km shorter than the Jaguar I-Pace but the latter had weather conditions a little more lenient, whether in terms of the weather, with optimal temperatures between 20 and 29 ° against between 16 and 23 ° for the Audi, or traffic (39 km / h average against 36), so we can honestly talk more about equality. One thing is certain, however, the e-tron is much more comfortable in terms of driving position, soundproofing, damping - the German is more fitted with 19-inch wheels instead of 20 inches from the British - but especially at the driving level, the I-Pace does not offer freewheeling mode.
    https://translate.google.com/transla...que-176534.htm

https://www.caradisiac.com/l-audi-e-...que-176534.htm

JLR shills desperately trying to guide the sheep back into the pen:

Poor Dealer Service and an unreliable car

Post by jason.birchall » Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 pm

After further software faults after jaguar Stockport attempted to fix the car we're still working with finance company to reject a fine drivers car with hopeless software and support. The jaguar assist guy has spent almost as much time in the car as me, what a joke. Jaguar Stockport were useless, over wrote infotainment with same version, still on telematics 14.2, they said that's all they can do. Pse I just want my BMW back

by FENorway » Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am
    Chewy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 pm

My dealer in Cheltenham has been on a steep learning curve.

I have S19A and 15.2 software now. Still issues with it, but at least it is more stable and the faults are easily repeatable. Jaguar will be aware of them and hopefully will have a big update sometime this year to resolve them. Better that than trickle of small updates that cause even more issues, which is what has been happening.

Feature improvements are for the future, they need to sort out the faults that are there first.

If there is a future?

The bad experiences from so many I-Pace owner will scare away new customers,and the risk is that it will brake Jaguars neck.

They've come up with an expensive car(both to buy and develop), but noone buys it. That's not a good business model.
    by Chewy » Fri May 24, 2019 11:10 am
    FENorway wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am

but noone buys it. That's not a good business model.
    I think they have sold around 15,000 and they are currently selling around 1,500 a month. Production is limited to around 20,000 a year. Jaguar is a small volume car manufacturer.

That’s a lot of people buying a very expensive car.
    https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewto...=1613&start=10

- nearly 150 I-Paces for sale on Autotrader.co.uk, over 1,000 on Autotrader.com = 'selling 1,500 a month'.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Nice to see Matt Saunders of Autocar has bought himself an e-tron:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx3ABjoluRx/

Duff I-Pace batteries already?:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1747

Amazing how something so potentially serious and totally I-Pace-ending has not been given huge prominence by the likes of InsideEVs, Electrek, Fully Charged, CarScoops, Jalopnik, Autocar, Car, Auto Express, Top Gear, Daily Mail Cars, Automotive News... .

Maybe they were too busy reporting on a VW Wolfsburg worker picking his nose, and a US judge threatening $30bn fines and jail time.

Looks to me as if either:

1, JLR's need to show it can do 100 kW charging, as per contract, 8, 9 months late, and the car having been totally undeveloped, thrown out onto the market at least a year unready, with no ability, facility for cooling of high speed charging, may be frying the car's battery, overheating, some cells going dead, probably the ones furthest from the perimeter of the pack, and cooling air.

The fact that the first known report is in Holland, where high speed, Ionity etc 150 kW-able charging is now quite prevalent, may be not unconnected.

2. The service JLR is getting from LG Chem is second-, third-rate, due to JLR's pecking order.

LG is now servicing the likes of Audi - e-tron - hence the mighty VAG, and may be a tad more keen to jump to attention, work more diligently, put its best staff on that line, etc, than the small beer, probably known that this customer is not long for this world anyway, JLR.

It will not have escaped LG's attention that the demand schedule for the I-Pace is at best flat, probably falling, as Magna starts to trim line speed, to try to help its customer, JLR, not to hard break its contract.

Human psychology is to go with winners. A palpably failing, drawing to an end customer will not be getting A1 attention and service.

It's almost certainly the former, though, JLR unable to square the circle between the promised, contracted high speed, 100 kW charging, under pressure from the visible success of the e-tron and 150 kW, and a car that was not designed or developed to actually do it, without overheating, burning - the fire last year in Holland? - or at least some cells dying.

The longer this car exists, the more and faster the real world will be giving a huge swerve to JLR.

It's like the 1976 SD1, UK's last ECotY before the I-Pace. That went from saviour to company-threatening millstone within around 18 months. The I-Pace has beaten that, managing it in around half the time.

If JLR was a real company, planning to be around for the long term, the management would recall it. It needs at least 6 months away from the market for crash remedial work.

Because JLR is nothing of the sort, this counter productive nonsense of flogging this dead horse will go on, like its analogue in politics, Mayhem, until it really is time to take it/her outside and shoot it.

A new govt/regime may be its only hope, able to say - 'was nothing to do with us' - so able to get rid of it, slaughter this now built up, nonsense sacred cow, of ECotY, WCoty, 'Engine of the Year', etc.

The I-Pace needs Perestroika and Glasnost, and a bullet between the eyes.

Besides not braking and not going, it's Car of the Millennium:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1749

Notice how quickly the JLR shills respond to any negative post. If they cannot flame the guy, they make glib.

Sudden loss of power - 'Limp home' for ICEs on stilts - is as serious as it gets, except for the Car of the Year's other party trick - coasting without braking, when pressing the brake pedal.

Should be an immediate mandatory recall.

And this is why, with Audi seemingly having started to overcome its production constraints, the e-tron, like its VAG brother, the eGolf, will soon become top luxury sector EV in Norway - a trip from Oslo to the German/Danish border with Ionity fast, 150 kW charging:

This is shared by the FB group Audi e-tron Owners Norway, but has been encouraged to share it here:

Oslo-Flensburg-Svenskegresen in 34 hours.

Thought I should share an experience with e-faith on a trip. Since we got the e-throne on Tuesday a week ago we wanted to find something and take a real long trip to get extra familiar with the car. Admittedly, I had driven over 60 miles the first three days, but the long journey was abrupt. Since we first went on a trip the German Harry trade was the target.

We wanted to drive all the way so there were no ferries. We used https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ to plan the trip. It is quite magical for the e-throne people as it prioritizes Ionity chargers, and it hits well. Ionity has such nice coverage ALL THE WAY that we could only rely on Ionity. It was set up for a charging stop in Strømstad, Varberg and Malmö, in Sweden and 1 stop in Fredricia at the small belt bridge in DK. The coverage of Ionity is even better, so we skipped some possible charging stops.

We had no plans to take it easy down. Oslo to the Swedish border was speed limit in sloping rain. On arrival Ionity Strømstad, we had a lot less power one planned so that the charging peak was longer one calculated, but not much when the charger started with about 90kW charge at 10% and popped up to 130 on 2-35min so as to keep 151kw to 80 -85. From 85-95% we were around 100, and the last 5% we had 70-60kW in speed. Since we had the right consumption one calculated we charged 100% to be sure to reach Varberg. On the way to Varberg, the right foot was very heavy and we seldom lay in the right file ... The story repeated, little electricity left at Varberg and from Varberg to Malmö. But you don't have a large menu at Mc Donald before the car is fully charged. Took a hotel in Copenhagen in the evening and headed for Fredricia on Sa****ay morning. A full charge here again when we wanted to reach the German border and returned to Fredricia without a new charging stop. Filled up the car with Harryware ... a lot of goods ... When we have "a place" in Sweden you can take an EU quota ... There is more to room in an e-tron ... With About 700kg "payload" we set the course home. It suited us so we could reverse the trip and hit the same Ionity stations. With large payloads, consumption went up slightly at high speeds (110 and up) but nothing of significance in lower.

So to the point of the thread. e-throne is a completely magical car for long journeys. The comfort and noise levels are not there. It is a bit hungry for electrons at high speed, and the speed limit on mine is 201 on the meter Due to planned uneconomic driving, we spent another 1 hour or 3 longer a planned one as the charging stops became longer than optimal. Abetterroutplanner plans the fastest possible trip with the shortest possible stop.
    If you want to drive with heavy right foot, add 10% extra consumption to the route planner on such fast roads. I was willing to sacrifice this time when I wanted to drive the tour as I would with a vigorous petrol car.

Ionity Nordic has got up a network that is already suitable for road trips to many destinations and the charging speed is better than expected. In Germany, coverage is also starting to be good for cars with range like Audi. Keep up the good work!

About Consumption: 20 "Bridgestone Summer.
    Oslo - Strømstad / Rainfall and lots of water in the road: Average just over 85 km / h, Consumption 31.2kwh / 100km.
    Stromstad - Copenhagen: Cut with charging stop (ignition on) 90 km / h. Consumption: 31.4 (dry roads) (Exceeded average over 110)
    Copenhagen - Fredricia, Consumption 30.3 Average: over 110: O
    Fredricia-Germany (Harrisle) Consumption 27.3. Average 100 km / h (some queue )

Secret location: Average 120 km / h with over 600kg payload over 221 km driven: Consumption 34.5 kw / t

Longest loading stop: 43 min. 5-100% Soc.

Am I happy? Couldn't get better!
    https://translate.google.com/transla...pic%3D45970.60
    https://elbilforum.no/index.php?topic=45970.60

- Game Over for the Game-changer.

Meanwhile, on the JLR PR forum, aka 'ipaceforums.co.uk', any real, few, actual owners are being attacked by lost-rag JLR shills, fearing the end of their income:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewto...=1418&start=20

At least it's entertaining.

But this isn't:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1772

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=833

etc

I don't care about the clowns who buy these things, but do about injuries/deaths to others that may/will happen from this abortion continuing to be legal on UK roads.

Wow, JLRs no.1 shill, masquerading as an I-Pace owner, caught red-handed, flat-out lying, libelling the e-tron/Bjorn Nyland, on the JLR PR I-Pace site, masquerading as an I-Pace owners' forum:

JLR shill:

319 Wh/km @ 102 km/h

Equates to

516 Wh/mile @ 63 mph.

I am confident that the I-Pace is a little better than this.
    https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1762

Bjorn Nyland/e-tron 'summer'(13-15 deg. C) range video:

Results: 90 km/h, 56 mph: 370 km, 230 mi, 225 Wh/km, 362 Wh/mi
    120 km/h, 75 mph: 270 km, 168 mi, 308 Wh/km, 496 Wh/mi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazsZ4HNBec

- the shill states almost 32 kWh/100 km for a speed that Bjorn Nyland didn't test for. Huh?

And even if he did, or we extrapolate, how does just over 13% more speed, around 28% more wind resistance, equate to 42% more energy consumption, or Bjorn's 30.8 kWh/100 km at an average speed of 120 km/h, against the shill's claim of 31.9 kWh/100 km at 102 km/h?

'Chewy' been on the pop? Ambien? Drowning his sorrows as his last reprieve will definitely be his last, as JLR and its shills head for insolvency and the Job Centre?

You see that was always JLR's problem. Even its supposed trump card, 'PR' - lies, cheating, fraud etc - was second, third-rate, as the people doing it were the same, not able to do anything else, being innumerate, probably arts grads, private schooling, but thickos, modern 2:1 degrees(worthless) etc, only good for being immoral, unscrupulous, 'writing' for a living - journos, PR, advertising, marketing, advisers, etc - worthless scum.

Bjorn shows that the e-tron's range is that of its certified WLTP - 230 miles by 13-15 deg. C and 20" wheels.

Put 19s on it, average around 40 mph, not 55, and actually run it in a Climate Emergency brainwashed 'heatwave' of 20 deg. C in high summer, and ~250-260 miles is spot on.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 27-05-19 at 10:22. Reason: typos

The sausage machine of the VAG/Audi/Brussels factory, capacity over 100k/yr, is finally kicking into gear:

https://elbilstatistikk.no/

What next will they award the I-Pace? Cancer cure? LGBT Car of the Year? Answers on a postcard to C.Hallett, c/o HMP Wormwood Scrubs, London.