Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 177
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,769 of 1769
    When even InsideEVs - Motor1.com/Motorsport Network - is having to cover the disaster that is I-Pace sales - you know it's all over:

"Many of these I-Paces are being advertised at more than $10,000 off the MSRP before negotiating (less than a year into launch). Forums are littered with very serious quality issues and JLR is losing enormous amounts of money."

https://twitter.com/mtndrew1/status/1156574332069601281

https://insideevs.com/news/362859/ja...ler-inventory/

To be fair to myself - I stated this 'news' months ago here, about the huge inventory of I-Paces in the States, and what it represented of the I-Pace's typical monthly US 'sales'.

It was an obvious story for the press to cover, handed to them on a plate, but of course absolutely verboten for these lickspittle creeps, whose only real concern is the ability to pull down £100-200k/yr for reproducing JLR press releases, to pay their no doubt equally craven offspring's private school fees.

Too late, morons, the cat is out of the bag, and you presstitutes are looking at P45s across the board, as the 10 year gravy train of Tata's JLR smashes into the buffers, nothwithstanding all your sterling corporate fellating.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

3-4:1 seems to be the established ratio of e-tron to I-Pace sales. Sweden July 2019 registrations:

e-tron - 49
    I-Pace - 13

Model 3 - 453
    Model X - 53

Merc EQC - 2

- oddly, not a single PHEV Range Rover - full-fat or Sport - registered in Sweden in July, and yet hundreds a month in France, dozens in Spain etc, and we're told 'they're a huge success'.

The even more expensive Panamera hybrid did 7 by comparison, and the XC90 T8 PHEV, 53.

No one's buying JLR's PHEVs, other than headbangers in the Home Counties.

But I thought the Dutch adore the English, and loathe the Germans. Holland, July 2019 registrations:

I-Pace - 16
    e-tron - 117

Merc EQC - 8

PS Alfa Romeo outsold Jaguar in Holland in July - a death knell?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    More trouble in store for iPace owner’s perhaps?

This was posted on the American iPace forum by a Dutch owner.

"I've had my iPace since mid Oct '18, now with 20.000 KM / 12.500 Miles on it. So I probably got one from the first batch.
    2 weeks ago it failed to charge fully: it simply stopped after 80% on my home charger with my charger stating 'Waiting for EV'. Strange enough that was just after using a 175kw charger in the Netherlands, something I hardly ever do. Public chargers could also not charge it above 80%. Then it degraded further. By the time the dealer agreed to take the car in - initially they told me to come in two weeks time - it wouldn't charge any further than 69%.

Soon my dealer called to confirm some battery cells need replacing. They said it's the first time they've encountered this. To start the job they require approval from the importer and it would take weeks before I get it back. This is almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard since. Yesterday, a friend told me that his iPace - from a different NL dealer - now stops charging at 96%. His dealer told him to bring the car in a week from now.

To me it sounds as if it may very well be an issue for many iPace owners to come. Have any of you here have similar issues / experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    More trouble in store for iPace owner’s perhaps?
    - pound to a penny, in an attempt to stop being sued for the lie of 80% charging in 40 minutes, via one of the innumerable, seemingly now continuous software updates, they've allowed faster charging, i.e. more current into the battery pack, which is overheating - the car wasn't designed/developed for it - and thus frying some of the cells.

They are just kicking the can down the road. The car is a balls up, so they weigh up which is the lesser problem to them - suing for the lie from day one of 40 min. fast charging or later lawsuits for battery degradation, possible battery fires.

Cowboys, er, and Indians.

And on the day Jonny Smith showed off the Porsche Taycan - painstakingly developed - able to cool itself, battery and motors, from full launches, time after time after time.

The Taycan is doing 0-200 km/h in under 10 secs. The I-Pace needs double or more.

This is why the 2018/19 eXJ was pulled - it was simply an I-Pace, +1-200 kg, with the same battery and motors, so would have been a joke against the similar price - ~£100-130k - Taycan.

Joke's over, the jig's up. It's game over, to quote the scum in the British media.

It's probably just a coincidence that no J or LR has been crash-tested in the US since Tata became the owner, either by the official governmental NHTSA, or insurance body IIHS, or anyone else.

Wouldn't you have thought that with the 'all-new', 'bespoke', world, European etc car of the year I-Pace JLR would be straining at the leash to put an end to this sorry streak, and shut up conspiracy nuts like me, who see the obvious, that it is Tata's JLR getting a free pass, as it and the US authoriities and bodies know JLR cars are sub-standard, and a negative crash result would be the sales end for JLR in the US, and hence the end for JLR and Tata, plus rafts of billion dollar-awarding lawsuits, for selling unsafe cars, if not criminal charges of conspiracy against JLR managers, company owners and US authority high-ups, i.e. racketeering?

But JLR management know the I-Pace is just an ancient full-fat Range Rover underneath, whose platform goes back to the 2002 XJ, so wouldn't dare allow it to go to the IIHS for even semi-independent testing, thereby leaving the field open to the tanks-on-wheels e-tron and EQC, both massively over-engineered and constructed.

And this is why the now stuck with JLR Tata has taken the expedient route of buying in a car company, as it knows 10+ years of non investment and non-engineering has resulted in a totally sham car company, that was only held aloft by UK and US state and media coverup.

Apparently, they can't even give it away in a competitive EV market like the USA.

$15K factory discount on I-Pace, 0% financing, 5 year free warranty, still not selling....

Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

What Car?'s blatant, desperate lying and fraud for its client called out by fellow JLR pushers who don't get so much of JLR's marketing shekels:

Why Did What Car? Present Different EV Range Results From EPA?

the Tesla Model S 75D and the Model X P100D, which lag behind by around 50 miles of range, and the Jaguar I-Pace and the Kia Niro EV, which get around 20 miles more than in EPA ratings

'So, a British magazine rated the range of the American-made Tesla Model S and Model X lower than the EPA did, and rated the British-made Jaguar I-Pace higher. Why? Call me cynical, but I don't think we need to look very far to see the reason for that.'
    https://insideevs.com/news/365941/wh...-epa/#comments

'Mr Tesla' - Bjorn Nyland - redeeems himself: Merc EQC - 'really good sh!t'.

Is this why, just over 4 months from 2020, no one has seen the elusive 'eXJ'?

The Taycan is hoovering up the high-end, high performance EV customers, and the engineered like a Tiger Tank EQC, and e-tron, ID3, Polestar 3 the serious people just wanting a proper EV. That leaves the I-Pace to the insane and cretinous.