Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 204
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2049
    Moray Callum's I-Pace at two-thirds of the price, looks like Game-over for Game-changer:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

- made in Mexico, 0% import tariff post Spaffer's 'special deal' with Trump, for USMCA = profitable for Ford to sell at £50k.

JLR need to drop the price of the I-Pace by £10k immediately.

Administrator
    I see "chewy” is back with a positive contribution on the iPace forum

66-F7-DFB2-8-E23-46-BE-9-EF3-CC9447-ACA635.jpg

Due diligence by Tesla.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

'Was it too early for the I-Pace' thread - 'Thread Closed'.

So, putting this here:

http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/

- we know about the e-tron/I-Pace situation in Norway, but what about BMW whacking everyone except VW to an extent.

Twice as many X5 PHEVs than I-Paces is astonishing alone. Excellent car, now they're reaping the rewards.

Same for 5- and 3-Series PHEVs. And their new BEVs still to come.

Almost into March, and still no-show of the Evoque and DSport PHEVs.

I-Pace-killer - Ford Mustang Mach-E - real 250-300 miles range, around £50k.

[Ford]claimed that one European dealer has already received 40 pre-orders
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...54880#message1

Real people:

That looks better than I thought it would...
    I actually quite that, and I currently run a Mustang GT as a daily.

There aren't many times I'd ever need more than 300 miles of range in a day.
    JLR/Haymaket shills, many ex of ipaceforums.co.uk:

Piece of st.

Administrator
    🤣 fat finger !

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    'Was it too early for the I-Pace' thread - 'Thread Closed'.

So, putting this here:

http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/

- we know about the e-tron/I-Pace situation in Norway, but what about BMW whacking everyone except VW to an extent.

Twice as many X5 PHEVs than I-Paces is astonishing alone. Excellent car, now they're reaping the rewards.

Same for 5- and 3-Series PHEVs. And their new BEVs still to come.

Almost into March, and still no-show of the Evoque and DSport PHEVs.
    And in February so far the score is Audi Etron 450
    The iPace in the same period .........................45. !

Norway, arguably the most pro electric car market in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    And in February so far the score is Audi Etron 450
    The iPace in the same period .........................45. !

Norway, arguably the most pro electric car market in the world.
    But JLR's latest/rebranded shill says the I-Pace has 'far more range' than the apparently all-round appalling etron. Who knew the Norwegians were that thick and easily taken in.

As the availability of 150KW chargers improves it might tip the scales in favour of the Audi, but remember the car only covers about 140 miles with 65KW whilst the I Pace can go 50 miles further. That makes all the difference because at 50 mph average with a 250 mile starting range the I Pace will go 350 miles with an en-route 30 minute charge whilst the Audi can only manage about 290.
    I wonder, over on the Audi E-Tron forums, what do they say about the I-Pace

They must have plenty of time to post during those charging stops.
    https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic....=3214&start=60

I'd bet money 'Captain.Plummet' is the now disappeared 'Goshdarnit'.

This desperate garbage is no different to JLR's official, non-guerilla marketing I-Pace promotion, the current awful, 'is this real?' adverts on LBC, Talk Radio etc.

A company/country with grown ups in charge would say: 'fair enough, we gave it a go, several, but it's over, so we're sticking a fork in it and calling it a day'.

But JLR/UK double-, treble-down, thinking they can change reality with words, brainwashing.

Those are not healthy people, not a sane country.

It failed, the I-Pace; you failed, the reality-distorters. Accept it. That's what life is about. Grow up, move on.

Who ever could have predicted that? An electric car from the world's best carmaking group, with genuine 250-300 miles range, more than adequate performance for 95% of people, and half the price of The Gamechanger, has Joe Public flinging money at it, just as happened with its other two genuine world-changers, the Beetle and Golf:

Alan Day Group, a network of three UK dealerships, says that the first 35 all-electric Volkswagen ID3 cars will arrive around March 28 or 29. That’s according to ThisIsMoney.com, a financial website. The report also indicates that the waiting list for the ID3 has 20,000 customers in the UK alone.
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/15/first...than-expected/

Duh, it's the new Beetle, Golf, the genuine 'eGolf'. A blind person could have seen that.

It's not about electric versus ICE, or PHEV, 'it', the world of the real world, is about very poor people, the 90%+, affording barely £30k or £300/month new cars, one, sole, do it all car, that then costs them the very least expense and hassle - it should work, cost very little to insure, tax and run, and be very reliable - so a package from VW/VW dealers of £300 a month all-in, for insurance, VED(nil), servicing, perhaps first year/so many kWhs charging free, would clean up, as it appears to be doing already.

A £60-90k non-working, ultra unreliable, unusable for longer distances car, is a joke, whether a BEV or ICE, or JLR's this is a windup right? 4-pot Ingenium £80-100k PHEVs.

JLR/UK state thought just because I-Pace was 'EV', it would have people swooning, Tesla-fashion, and doing 'shut up and take my money'.

That's only Tesla, and its cultist loons.

Speth is no Musk, all the charisma of cold vomit.

The I-Pace had to function as a £60-90k car, not a 'thing', like Teslas.

95% of people just want a car, and to perhaps show that they're eco conscious, and part of the in-crowd.

The ID.3 ticks all those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Who ever could have predicted that? An electric car from the world's best carmaking group, with genuine 250-300 miles range, more than adequate performance for 95% of people, and half the price of The Gamechanger, has Joe Public flinging money at it, just as happened with its other two genuine world-changers, the Beetle and Golf:

Alan Day Group, a network of three UK dealerships, says that the first 35 all-electric Volkswagen ID3 cars will arrive around March 28 or 29. That’s according to ThisIsMoney.com, a financial website. The report also indicates that the waiting list for the ID3 has 20,000 customers in the UK alone.
    https://electrek.co/2020/02/15/first...than-expected/
    I'm confused. We have heard, that the launch of the ID.3 was delayed until August because of software problems. Yesterday I read, even on German websites, that VW has said, that the ID.3 will be launched in summer 2020 as always planned. Now a British dealer says, the ID.3 will come to Britain and presumably delivered to customers late March. Which is it? I'm also waiting eagerly for the ID.3. If the real reviews are good, I could very well order one.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.