Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 186
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1867
    Over a year on from the huge fanfare surrounding the I-Pace/Waymo 20,000 units deal - which handily supported and gave evidence for the showering of awards by the media on the I-Pace - Waymo is now putting its Chrysler Pacificas into real, LA traffic:

'Waymo schickt seine Roboterwagen nach Los Angeles'

https://www.automobilwoche.de/articl...ch-los-angeles

- not a word by Waymo or the media of any I-Pace being involved.

When will somone - a real 'Whistleblower', not a C*A spook - grow a backbone and highlight this outrageous fraud by Tata/JLR and the media, with Waymo/Google no doubt getting their reward share, designed solely to boost Tata group's Tata Motors share price and bond prices, and pave the way for JLR to be sold to some duped idiot - as was the plan with this Waymo fraud story last September?
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 08-10-19 at 18:25. Reason: typos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    - not a word by Waymo or the media of any I-Pace being involved.

When will somone - a real 'Whistleblower', not a C*A spook - grow a backbone and highlight this outrageous fraud by Tata/JLR and the media, with Waymo/Google no doubt getting their reward share, designed solely to boost Tata group's Tata Motors share price and bond prices, and pave the way for JLR to be sold to some duped idiot - as was the plan with this Waymo fraud story last September?
    If you go to the Way homepage and look at the Tech page, it still has a photo of an I-Pace. If you read the FAQ, it says this:

"Most recently, we partnered with Jaguar to create the world's first premium electric self-driving vehicle: the Jaguar I-PACE. We’ll start testing these vehicles this year and will add up to 20,000 I-PACEs to Waymo’s fleet in the coming years. That’s enough cars to drive about a million trips in a typical day."

But when "this year" is, it doesn't say. It could be written last year and forgotten about.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    If you go to the Way homepage and look at the Tech page, it still has a photo of an I-Pace. If you read the FAQ, it says this:

"Most recently, we partnered with Jaguar to create the world's first premium electric self-driving vehicle: the Jaguar I-PACE. We’ll start testing these vehicles this year and will add up to 20,000 I-PACEs to Waymo’s fleet in the coming years. That’s enough cars to drive about a million trips in a typical day."

But when "this year" is, it doesn't say. It could be written last year and forgotten about.
    Waymo had no intention of using the I-Pace for autonomous driving. The car barely functions with a driver behind the wheel.

Why would a tech, software company use such a flaky product as a base starting point?

They wouldn't. It was a PR stunt, to prop up TM's share price and sell JLR to a suckered in fool, cooked up by Tata with Google, and a lickspittle media.

Don't underestimate Indian links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundar_Pichai

Don't underestimate India's caste system, and hence business relationships - Pichai is Brahmin class. so too was the late Lord Bhattacharyya, Ratan Tata's bagman in UK, and channeller of UK taxpayer funds, £billions for 'research', ultimately to Tata, via WMG and JLR.

These clowns think they're so clever, tricking the lower classes - untouchables, plebs, goyim etc.

Their games, though, like this Waymo/JLR PR stunt, are tranparent to ten year olds.

The media should be calling them out non-stop, but of course are fully onboard, and a vital part of these huge corporate frauds.

The 'authorities' - UK's Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, auditing overseeing body etc, are fully 'captured' - bent as a nine bob note.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    3821 JAGUAR IPACE
    4015 AUDI ETRON

Total sales to date in Norway.

And so far this month.
    163. Etron

30. IPace

Stunning success they say.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    3821 JAGUAR IPACE
    4015 AUDI ETRON

Total sales to date in Norway.

And so far this month.
    163. Etron

30. IPace

Stunning success they say.
    The only hope the layperson has of seeing some truth about I-Pace sales/production is Magna's financial quarterly reports, which have already spilled the beans on E-Pace production being down YoY.

Otherwise, it's pedal to the metal lie-overdrive, until the whole thing goes bang. No one's going to stop them, are they - unicorn investigative journalists, FCA, SFO, DfT... .

I think 'The Plan' is to let it topple over when there is so much chaos surrounding No-Deal/the gathering global Financial Fraud bang/war with Iran/Russia/China, that no one cares, or they can put it down to Brexit/The Crash/the damn Ruskies.

But I thought JLR and the whole global media told the world that the I-Pace was absolutely on a 'bespoke EV platform', and was 'all-new', so how is it that a nearly half a metre shorter and 20 cm narrower car, from the world's most heinous and notorious criminals and cheaters, has as much space, and costs a fraction of the price?:

Is this why 'Sir James'(Dyson) threw in the towel - Bjorn's now industry benchmark banana box test - and by the way pocketed around £200m of UK taxpayer money, for his hairdryer on wheels? - another case the Serious(ly) Fraud(ulent) Office won't be looking into? - another 'knight of the realm' above the law, like Sir Ralfie, with his around £100m pocketed in remuneration from a fundamentally insolvent business, paid by the UK taxpayer again?

No wonder these 'entrepreneurs' and 'creative visionaries' need Brexit as a diversion - the news from Dyson released within days/hours of the Brexit denouement, after 3+ years of taxpayer subvention. #F'ers.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 11-10-19 at 08:35.

Was it too early for EV? - prepare for jaw to hit floor.

'Expert', industry sage, guru and font of all automotive and business wisdom Max the baker, and Bernstein 'Research' say emphatically 'yes' - pile on long in VAG, DAImler etc:

"Tesla's future remains uncertain. Almost all the EV startups trying to follow look challenged," Bernstein analysts, including Max Warburton and Robin Zhu, said in a report that cited the Dyson decision as a worrisome development in the industry. "Most of these startups will likely fold. The truth is barriers to entry in autos remain high. Making cars is hard. The move to EVs will be expensive."
    https://europe.autonews.com/automake...ubble-bursting

- this from Max the baker/Bernstein 'Research' that said BMW should buy JLR, 'or they were idiots'.

What's really happened of course is that Max, Bernstein etc, whose 'Weltanschauung' is Anglo-Saxon, i.e., London/The City, NYC/Wall Street, and their satellites, Singapore, Hong Kong etc, are crying into their beer, over the collapse of these fraudsters - Dyson, Apple Car, Tesla and JLR, even the copy-catting Chinese, and the now obvious, fait-accompli triumph of the dreaded Krauts, as VW and co. mop up and dominate EV, just as they absolutely dominated ICE and the car industry from the 1950s onwards, and in the '30s before that.

There is no bubble bursting. That's just more outrageous lies and propaganda, trying to drag down the now ascendant EV VAG, to the level of the now collapsing/collapsed shyster/fraud operations, Tesla, Dyson, Apple, JLR, some of the Chinese, etc.

These vermin, Bernstein 'Research' etc, just hate the fact that the Germans have once again recovered, after the latest attempted homicide, of the $35bn and counting Dieselgate, plus the incalculable PR hit in the minds of sap morons, who swallow everything the mainstream media says, from The Guardian, BBC etc.

EV is actually on the cusp of genuine mass-consumption breakout, just as Ford did 110 years ago, with the halved in price Model T, from around $800 to $400.

VAG are doing the same with mass-consumption EVs, from typically, hitherto ~$60k, or more, EVs, to now $30-40k.

That's what really irks Bernstein, Micky Bloomberg and co - great German names by the way.

They're grinding their teeth, and no doubt plotting 'Dieselgate II', to bring down the high and mighty Krauts again.

The Chinese too, the supposed runaway leaders and dominators of the EV revolution, suddenly have melted away.

The Chinese, to generalise - cos it's true - are more concerned with money than making. EVs appealled, temporarily, when it seemed they would be an Eldorado. Once the Germans got involved, and poured in tens of billions of euros - from VAG alone - plus their innate making and engineering ability, the Chinese realised it was game over, with VAG's 'MEB' platform for example, set up for up to 5m units/yr, and batteries costing $100/kWh or less. No one can/could compete with this.

The Germans, and their central/eastern Europe old hinterlands - Skoda in Bohemia, the Carpathians etc - once again have become the world's leading and pre-dominant manufacturing and tech powerhouse, as they did in the second half of the nineteenth century, right through into the new century, causing WWI, as the British Empire sought to stamp this over-achieving upstart out, and again in the 30s, with similar results, again post-war, with the economic miracle 'Wunderwirtschaft', and again in the 80s, 90s and noughties, when the late Ferdinand Piech's VAG, BMW and Daimler absolutely dominated the global car industry, not to mention then tiny Porsche, built on German ingenuity, vast economies of scale, and vast investment, bringing Audi, Skoda and Seat all back from the brink.

Now, 4 years on from Dieselgate, the old order has again been restored - Germany and its hinterland/satellites dominating.

Hence this ridiculous piece from Bloomberg/Bernstein, lashing out, at what it/they see as terrible injustice - the cheaters rewarded, the 'plucky' Brit/US 'whiter than white' tech start-ups, smashed against the rocks, undone by the cheating, criminal Kraut Goliath.

Many will believe this bilge - its puropse - but those that count - the Chinese with money - will just see the dying and wailing of the US/UK axis, and its propaganda merchants. The Chinese, like Li Shufu of Geely, have put their money where the action and future is - into buying part of Daimler, and Swedish Volvo.

Volvo is really the only non-German auto company that stands a chance of withstanding German EV and auto generally domination, due to their excellent inherent engineering abilty, and Chinese money behind them.

The Bloomberg/Bernstein piece is a disgrace, and counterproductive, as it shows up the desperation and bile of the now clearly losing Anglo axis, and its media attack dogs.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 11-10-19 at 10:25. Reason: typos

Is this the actual reason why 'Chewy' played pinball with his 'Car of the Year' on the motorway:

- 4 km/h slower, 73 versus 77, than the around 300 kg heavier, bigger, taller e-tron - see its '77km' vid below - around the obstacle, but what's really scary is the locking outer(LHS) front wheel, which blocks/locks up for many metres, with the car sliding and therefore out of control.

Have the 'World Car of the Year''s engineers not heard of ABS? Of course they have - they buy everything in from real engineers/engineering companies, Bosch, Wabco etc, but they still have to tune the systems, and how they interplay, which takes tens of thousands of man-hours, real engineers-hours, which JLR skipped, as the car is just the full-fat/F-Pace etc underneath, and if it goes wrong, and some duped idiot crashes, the media won't report it, and the UK 'authorities', Plod and the DfT's quangos, will ignore mandatory safety recalls - see the no-braking voluntary recall for the 0.5 sec. delay from regen to mechanical braking for example - and production/sale stop orders.

This is how you control a 2.6 tonne, tall, large car, built on an ICE chassis - no 'bespoke' 'skateboard chassis':

InsideEVs is reporting on the I-Pace's moose test 'difficulty' - safety-critical, immediate recall and sales-stop difficulty - just 48 hours after the 'km77' video was posted on YouTube:

https://insideevs.com/news/376122/vi...-i-pace-moose/

I'm amazed that they've done it all, even waiting 2 days, till Sunday, when no one is hopefully paying attention, but fair dues, they've done it.

But where is Autocar's coverage, The Daily Mail's - who report as capital crime if a janitor in VW breaks wind - or BBC's Watchdog, who are all over ancient Astras, 10 year old, value <£2k BMWs with corroded earth straps, The Guardian laying into German carmakers every five minutes etc?

A child can see that the I-Pace is a joke - a very sick one.

Never mind never-gonna-happen-in-bent-Blighty consumer protection campaigns by the Daily Fail, Watchdog etc against JLR, a government and country not full of elites either blackmailed or simply on-the-take venal, would immediately order a sales stop, and a mandatory, safety critical recall.

Remember the huge, worldwide, media got-up hoo-ha about the A-Class and the Elk/Moose test, which basically killed the product, and nearly killed Daimler?

Don't hold your breath for the sequel - the I-Pace debacle and JLR going out of business as a result.

I said at the start of this I-Pace, 'World Car' etc whole nonsense, that the I-Pace is a Darwinian car/thing - only idiots, those determined to remove themselves and possible progeny from the genepool would go near it. The Spanish video - well done, the people at '77km' - confirms what was bloody obvious from the get-go to anyone with a wit of intelligence and healthy suspicion of patently shyster outfits like JLR and the rotten UK state 'authorities' - give it a huge wide berth.

The Save the Planet brigade are the prime suckers for this kind of product, because they're not too bright - oh they'll have degrees and professional qualifications as long as their arms, but they have no real intelligence, just that which allows them to be good system, patriotic drones, like worker ants, that got to the top of the heap.

They would literally rather be these loyal system drones, than obey their survival instinct, and sacrifice their offspring and spouses.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 13-10-19 at 15:52.

Hugely influential 'Autoevolution' - who? - also takes up the cudgels against the modern-day Ford Corvair/Pinto:

Even at this speed, we wouldn’t call the pass successful because the front wheel is locked altogether by the electronic stability control system. Other attempts saw the other front wheel lock up after turning into the next set of cones, and that’s more than enough proof that Jaguar development drivers weren’t paying attention when the I-Pace was being fine-tuned.

It’s widely known that Jaguar hurried up the R&D for the I-Pace while keeping costs on a tight leash, even to the detriment of handling. Someone willing to pay top dollar for an electric crossover wouldn’t be all that happy to find out about these deficiencies, more so if you remember the moose test is the kind of maneuver that could save someone’s life, be it a pedestrian or moose.

Heavy understeering is a big no-no in a modern vehicle with so many driving aids, let alone a premium electric vehicle that costs $69,500 from the get-go in the United States. Jaguar wouldn’t comment on the results, but if the higher-ups find out, an over-the-air update of the ESC should roll out sooner rather than later.

To make matters worse, the I-Pace ranked dead last in the emergency braking test of Norwegian publication Dinside 20 år. No fewer than 25 vehicles were evaluated, bested by the Hyundai Santa Fe and even the Jaguar E-Pace at 85 and 70 km/h as opposed to the 15 km/h of the I-Pace. Yup, it was that bad
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/j...ph-138245.html

Given how serious this is, not to mention how undoubtedly desperate all the top, 'Her Maj's Press' Fleet Street and other UK journos will be to set the record straight, that they were taken in egregiously by JLR, and not bribed, paid off, holiday bunged, kids' school fees paid off etc, we can expect this to be banner headline, front page news in the all the rags in the morning - "JLR-Gate", 'Skid-Gate", "WCotY-Gate" etc - and leading all the national TV news bulletins, the BBC, Sky, ITV etc, just as Dieselgate has done, relentlessly, remorselessly for the last four years.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 13-10-19 at 17:48.