Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 176
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 1,751 to 1,757 of 1757
  1. #1751
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,142
    'pcheaven' I think it is, from ipaceforums.co.uk, or should that be 'Ipacehell', has already reduced the price of his First Edition:

    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ad=Used&page=1

    - I think that's £3k or £3,250 off in just over a week.

    Just had to be Tunbridge Wells, didn't it - as I've said, the Home Counties is JLR's Last Redoubt, due to the crossover of headbangers and money from UK's 40 year long housing bubble, concentrated in the South East.

    As well as knocking off several £k every 10 days or so, the cost of advertising on Autotrader, eBay and no doubt many other places, is not inconsiderable.

    The car is still several thousand off what the likes of Webuyanycar would give him, and probably £10-15k off what a JLR dealer would.

    Good job these people have lots of money to literally burn, with the Game-changer - easy come, easy go.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #1752
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,142
    Can't keep up with this - the Game-changer changes all the rules of residual values:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Jagu...EAAOSwfmddHkmC

    - 'Pcheaven'(/'Ipacehell') has now dropped the price to £61,700, with another new advert.

    Funny how all those 'owners' on ipaceforums.co.uk aren't in there, like a rat up a drainpipe, snapping up this bargain, after saying how much they adore the I-Pace, 'their' cars, and how they state, over and over, that the car is supply-constrained, and residuals are through the roof.

    It's almost as if 90% of those 'owners' are paid shills, working on JLR's PR front, the ipaceforums.co.uk site.

  4. #1753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Can't keep up with this - the Game-changer changes all the rules of residual values:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Jagu...EAAOSwfmddHkmC

    - 'Pcheaven'(/'Ipacehell') has now dropped the price to £61,700, with another new advert.

    Funny how all those 'owners' on ipaceforums.co.uk aren't in there, like a rat up a drainpipe, snapping up this bargain, after saying how much they adore the I-Pace, 'their' cars, and how they state, over and over, that the car is supply-constrained, and residuals are through the roof.

    It's almost as if 90% of those 'owners' are paid shills, working on JLR's PR front, the ipaceforums.co.uk site.
    Something odd going on there CAP Clean is £66k and whilst it probably isn't a book car in that colour without 22" wheels I'm surprised he can't sell it to a dealer for at least £60k

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #1754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,142
    So JLR has knocked 100 km off the I-Pace's range:

    https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2082

    - nearer to the truth, of around 350 km in the summer/WLTP temp.

    Bit of a crusher, though, for the morons who literally bought into the JLR/Media/UK Govt lie of the '300 miles' Game-changing, World, European, ... car of the year.

    Of course , no official announcement from JLR, and nothing in the(ir) media.

    They've done this only because they must have the first lawsuits, class action suits, for fake range, along with all the other fakeness of the I-Pace - 40 min. charging for 80% etc - but really because Speth and his lieutenants fear a criminal case(s) for fraud - not in UK obviously, but potentially in the EU or Norway.

    So the Game-changer is actually a very expensive also-ran, as if anyone with a brain didn't know 12 months ago, and riddled with problems.

    And another reason why the BBC, the media and UK Govt ran that diversionary thing of the last couple of weeks on 'JLR's/UK's big EV announcement', and now £500m taxpayer bung, as they knew this 100 km drop in the fake range was happening.

    Just when you think this Axis of Shysters - JLR senior managment/UK media/UK govt(ministers and civil servants) - can't get any worse, stoop any lower, they outdo themselves, driven by the need to keep their cushy, useless jobs and inflated incomes, and now avoid jail.

  7. #1755
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    22,333
    Well if the Etron doesn’t see off the iPace, and presently it’s putting up a real fight, this one surely will ?


  8. #1756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Well if the Etron doesn’t see off the iPace, and presently it’s putting up a real fight, this one surely will ?
    The Silent Assassin of the Game-changer.

    Chalk and cheese. Billions in real spend, millions of painstaking man-hours by real engineers, and a more than cynical PR/fraudulent commitment to The Best or Nothing.

    It's over. Not just the execrable I-Pace, but the whole cult of the 'JLR thing'.

    Money's tight, EVs attract nerds not airheads, and the substance-style thing is turning back to substance. JLR's thus completely screwed.

    It would be impossible to make JLR into a Mercedes, or Audi, or BMW. Even if the money was there, there isn't the time - 4 years to do a real EV, not a a joke like the I-Pace. They haven't got 4 months.

    Best bet/hope is an around 80% shrunken operation, going back to Jag's and Land Rover's roots - high end, lowish volume, appealing to aficionados. 10% chance at best, 90% of going under, closing completely.

    All too late, the damage done not just by Speth/Tata in the last 10 years, but really back in the 60s and 70s, when the automotive industry and industry generally in the UK was let go rot. The end of the proper City and Guilds, time-served apprenticeships by the Greed on Steroids Thatcher govts in the 80s alone did for real industry in the UK, and what we see now - absolute garbage like the I-Pace, deep problems with Rolls-Royce's flagship aero engines, and an inability to build a large, complex warship.

  9. #1757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Well if the Etron doesn’t see off the iPace, and presently it’s putting up a real fight, this one surely will ?

    I think that looks like a better product than E-Tron or I-Pace

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top