Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 193
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 1,921 to 1,924 of 1924
    What more ideal time to launch the I-Pace-with-a-rear-overhang 'Bentley-killing' eXJ than tomorrow, and so prove it actually exists and spike the LA launch of the e-tron Sportback?:

'36 Hours to Save the NHS', er..., I mean 'To Save the I-Pace(and its 500 'ambulances')', 'To Save JLR', er..., To Save The Bombay Billionaires', 'To Save UK's 'Elites''.

PS JLR PR could hire HRH The Duke of York to drive it onto the stage - I hear he believes he's very good at avoiding car crashes.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 18-11-19 at 17:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

This is the only picture you need to know to see how far ahead Tesla is vs the legacy automakers.....

Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Part II of Andy Meets Emily - Croppers Meets Sir Ralf:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...ceo-ralf-speth

From this it's clear that JLR has nothing to show this week(/ever), at LA/Guangzhou, 'eXJ', PHEV Evoque etc, so send out top journo Cropley to blow out Ralf's 64 birthday candles - blow something anyway.

Seems our £20bn+ in total handed over to JLR/Tata over the last decade has only bought a cake and a des res in Leamington Spa for the new English knight. Good value.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

So, somehow, the '13,000 engineers' at JLR managed to make a 2 inches lower car have a drag coefficient much worse than the e-tron Sportback, even if you believe JLR's stated '0.29' for the I-Pace - which it clearly isn't - given its real-world consumption and range, at higher, aero drag-dominated speeds - ~>60 mph.

The e-tron Sportback's Cd is 0.25, and manages that without the I-Pace's whacky, huge, around a foot long, rear roof spolier, and bonnet 'aero scoop' thing, which were actually just gimmicks, to make it look 'EV-y', and 'futuristic', to impress airhead idiots.

Real work in a real wind tunnel(s), with tens of thousands of man-hours, by real engineers, not Diversity and Digital App 'engineers', is why the Sportback, the real analogous product to the I-Pace, not the bigger and more spacious e-tron SUV, will have a real-world range of typically 30-40 more miles than the I-Pace.

This, the Ford Mach-E and the DBX, while JLR and the Media do a '69', are the full stops in the thing, abomination that was JLR, just a vehicle for psychopathically greedy scum to rip off what was already a broke country and 90% plus of its people, due to mass brainwashing that was never seen even in The Soviet Union or 30s Germany.