Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 191
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 191 of 192 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1912
    Well we're nearly at the pantomine season:

- could be Dennis Publishing's bid to replace Haymarket as lead teller of porkies for JLR's PR account, or another cover story for another £500m, probably £1bn, from UK taxpayers to Tata, to keep JLR going for a few more weeks - got to get it past the election, or BoJo is toast:

'JLR announces masssive revamp of its giant Solihull factory, with a £1bn programme to convert it to electric vehicle manufacture, starting with the 'MLA' 2021 Electric Range Rover, codenamed 'Vapourware", after the similar programme to convert its Castle Bromwich facility to make the 2020 electric XJ', codenamed "Taycan-killer".'

The public will lap it up - another £1bn/1.5bn to Tata - as it's 'good news' - CB and Solihull's futures secured, and with them tens of thousands of jobs.

Does the picture above actually look like a 'new Range Rover', EV or otherwise? Or does it look amateurish, a current RR with a few silly changes, to try to implant in impressionable minds that 'things are cooking at JLR' - lots of things.

They, JLR and its media lackeys, know that one or two people are pointing out that JLR is gone, and that there's zero real product development activity. This is their rebuttal.

It's also to serve the purpose of distracting and diverting from the huge number of genuine new product announcements and launches ahead of LA and Guangzhou, and SEMA, at which JLR has zip to show.

All this PR and lying is no longer aimed at getting JLR sold, or palmed off to an idiot. It's just to show that JLR is not dead, and the whole fake UK 'economy' not collapsed and not gone too - car and house buying/flipping. Can't have the peasants panicked.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 06-11-19 at 17:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    'JLR announces masssive revamp of its giant Solihull factory, with a £1bn programme to convert it to electric vehicle manufacture, starting with the 'MLA' 2021 Electric Range Rover, codenamed 'Vapourware", after the similar programme to convert its Castle Bromwich facility to make the 2020 electric XJ', codenamed "Taycan-killer".'
    Are you joking, or did they really use the codename "Vapourware"? Isn't that a little sarcastic? At least you can't blame them for not having self irony.

Also the codename "Taycan-Killer" can't be serious. If you are in a business for real, you'll have to treat you opponents with respect. At least if they deserve it. And I don't know, who in the motoring industry would deserve it more. Giving a codename like that to a new car project is something a seven year old would do.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    Are you joking, or did they really use the codename "Vapourware"? Isn't that a little sarcastic? At least you can't blame them for not having self irony..
    - my infantile humour - sorry.

The Auto Express thing is Dennis Publishing's move to take over Autocar ground, as the latter rag is on its last legs, so Dennis Publishing probably senses JLR's account may be up for grabs.

But it's also the cover story for the next UK taxpayer donation to Tata to keep JLR going until at least post-General Election.

Castle Brom had the EV/eXJ cover story for the £500m taxpayer bung, and Solihull will have this 'Electric Range Rover' cover story for a likely £1bn taxpayer bung.

There is no 'Electric Range Rover'; there is no 'Solihull's EV Future'. There is, though, an urgent need to get JLR past December 12th, so that 'JLR Goes Bust - administrators called in', does not spoil the fantasy of Boris Johnson's 'Sunlit Uplands' prospectus put to the gulled masses.

JLR is requiriing at least £500m a month, presently, to bridge the gap bewteen making up to 50,000 cars a month, with nearly 40,000 employees, when it is only selling around 20,000 cars a month, and requiring fewer than 20,000 employees.

It's that simple.

Amateurish drawings or renderings of 'new, electric this and that' are just covers to stop one or two people asking why UK taxpayers are propping up a private, foreignly owned company, majority owned by billionaires, to the tune of at least £5bn a year currently, and headed for £10bn a year required.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

The mystery of the missing EQC - which should be pummelling the I-Pace by now, along with the e-tron - seems to be that the new Daimler boss, Ola Kallenius, would rather make money than gain brownie points for making EVs.

Daimler has just reported its October's sales figures, and it's clear that the GLC, in just facelifted form, is a huge seller, still, and the Bremen factory where it's made, outside of China, and where the EQC goes down the same line, cannot keep up with demand - around 300,000/yr globally - so I think Kallenius has pulled the EQC, with its probable marginal or no profit, and maxed out production of the GLC, which should be making €5-10k profit per car.

The EQS is Daimler's, Mercedes', Kallenius' real 'posterboy' for EV at Mercedes anyway - all-new car, all-new, dedicated production facility, etc.

VAG and Audi's imperative is different, born out of the need to shake off the Dieselgate image, and move to VAG, Audi etc = Electric, and so making the e-tron, probably at a small profit in Brussels, is worth it in the sense of the PR value to the whole concern.

Daimler doesn't have that problem, although its engines, the old 2.1-litre diesel particularly, was as bad, if not worse than VAG's for cycle-cheating.

Just my tuppence on the mystery of the no-show/on-off 'launch' of the EQC.

I was going to say - 'lucky for the I-Pace' - not having to receive double blows from the e-tron and EQC, but given recent sales of the e-tron to the I-Pace, it doesn't matter - the e-tron is destroying/has destroyed the I-Pace alone.

JLR/the media have been promising a 'faster I-Pace', an 'I-Pace SVR', since God was a little boy - more than 2 years anyway.

It won't happen of course, as what's the point of a £100-120k car that doesn't sell at £60-80k, and would still be slower than a base Model S?

But, while JLR and the media do daily renders and reams of articles, the competition does work, and delivers:

JLR and the media now basically say 'yeah, okay, the I-Pace is crap, as measured by boring stuff like range, charging speed, software, everything objective basically, but it's the sportiest, best driving car, fastest - against the sloth e-tron and EQC' - not true of course.

So what tack will the media take when the Sportback and 'S' or maybe even 'RS' version of the standard car turn up, with sub 4s 0-60 mph, and tuned suspension and handling, in maybe just a fortnight, at LA or Guangzhou motor shows?

They'll find something of course - the I-Pace is 'a stunning design', 'isn't a Kraut' etc.

The time's up. The competition have bucket loads of cars coming, while JLR and the media are still stuck in November 2016, and their orgasm over the launch of the 'Gamechanger' I-Pace at the LA show, from which they can't move on,

The I-Pace was solely meant to get JLR sold. It has no purpose now, ceratinly not as a real car.

How embarrassing for all involved. What to do with this unwanted, purposeless thing?

Guy's complaining about being sold an £80k mushroom incubator, but he and the other duped owners now don't even bother to mention how they were defrauded by JLR, the media and the UK state with the lie of '300 miles' - see the blown up photo below:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=4112

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewto...=2608&start=30

- brand new car, very few miles, optimum battery capacity, not that cold yet, and around 180-190 miles max range, so around 120 miles practical range between charges.

In what way is that 'premium', 'luxury', 'a Gamechanger', 'World Car of the Year' material - it ain't of course, which is why these idiots should be suing JLR and the Dept. for Transport, who knowingly rubber stamped this fraud, so acting in conspiracy, and Plod, the SFO, doing its bit with ignoring or actively assisting it all.

Yiu won't get any redress in UK, as the whole state/country is involved, complicit in this crime. Your only option is to have the sense you were born with, and avoid going near one in the first place, as it was an obvious to a child fraud.

'eXJ' - meet your 'killer':

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...-ev-show_1.jpg

- a render, but likely pretty much the real thing - the EQS.

For JLR to show the 'eXJ' in LA or Guangzhou would be absolute desperation. Basically a 2016 I-Pace, itself a lashup EV, done on the ultra cheap and only to get JLR sold, now asked to convince punters to part with £100-150k, against the likes of the EQS and Taycan, both real EVs, years in the making, and in a different league for performance, range, charging, quality etc.

If JLR show the eXJ it'll either be balls of steel territory, or circa 1981 re-run, when BL told the world that the 'Fighback Begins with the Mini-Metro' - driving back, Dad's Army style, the pesky foreigners with their much better superminis, invading Blighty.

I think it's the latter.

Not a mention of 'I-Pace', '20,000 order', 'JLR-Waymo' in the real story, the actual news:

John Krafcik, CEO of Waymo, last week said that its Detroit plant is now in operation. Waymo is busily outfitting fleets of Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrids with self-driving tech.
    - except the retread of the original 'story'/lie:

The Waymo facility, with help from supplier Magna, has so far turned perhaps a few dozen Jaguar I-Pace electric cars into self-driving test vehicles, with about 20,000 units on order. But that’s small potatoes compared to the Waymo contract to buy 62,000 Pacifica plug-in hybrids.
    https://electrek.co/2019/11/08/waymo...ware-provider/

- scroll back a year and a bit and it was front page, headline, global news, for days, weeks, of JLR's deal with Waymo to supply 20,000 I-Paces.

Was it a mistake - thousands of journos, world over, all at the same time, suddenly hitting the wrong keys, monkeys and works of Shakespeare fashion, all coming up with what was now obviously a mistake?

Or was it Tata and JLR, with the whole global media, and the whole of 'top' global financial analysis, Bloomberg, Reuters, BBC News etc, putting out a coordinated lie, a conspiracy, to pump the Tata share price, and bond prices, and get JLR sold, by giving the cast iron impression that the JLR EV, the I-Pace was a huge success, a phenomenon, with the world's biggest and most successful tech company, Google, choosing it for its world-leading, cutting-edge self-driving business?

Where's the SEC? The DoJ? The UK SFO? Where's the handcuffs for these scum, these criminals? For the highly-paid, 'uber respectable' journalists, in the serious, sober subject of financial analysis and financial reporting?

They don't care, the Bloombergs, BBCs of this world, because they know they're untouchable; they're above the Law, as they own the Law; they are the law.

The Law and 'journalism' both work for and take their marching orders from global billionaires, as does Plod.

But, with all their criminality, conspiring, psychotic greed and deception in this case, the one thing they wanted, to use this Big Lie about the I-Pace and Waymo, to get JLR as incredibly attractive and therefore sold, didn't work.

JLR was/is so bad, and their lies so transparent - I called it at the time that it, the Waymo/I-Pace thing, was fake - that even with all their global, concerted, fraudulent efforts, in control of the media, law and politicians, they couldn't offload this turkey to a single duped moron - Tavares came close.

It's good to know there is limit to what even these scum can do.

But it also highlights again how bad JLR's real situation is, as I'm sure Tavares and PSA's people did precusory due diligence on JLR's books, and dropped them and ran, which is then when we got the concerted news 'story' in all the media around April this year, of the 'JLR-PSA merger', i.e., a desperate attempt to bounce Tavares and Robert Peugeot into having to take over JLR, for shame sake, now that the 'independent' media had gone public, with these 'secret', 'long-running' talks.

Didn't work, as Peugeot and Tavares knew that as embarrassing as it was to not 'consummate this JLR approach', with the media going fully public, they would have been literally lynched by the French trade unions and workers, as they began to close PSA factories and sack tens of thousands of workers, to try to support a JLR needing cash of £500m to £1bn a month.

They chose temporary, acute, media-glare embarrassment, over saving their necks - literally.

The lesson is - yes the media is incredibly powerful, as JLR the 99% PR outfit/1% car company has proved over the last decade, and billionaire oligarchs also have the Law, pols and Plod in their pockets, but ultimately, due to the insane greed of these oligarchs and their immoral/criminal serving lackeys, they still fear one thing - death - as they are all yellow cowards, and when push comes to shove - life versus (more)money - they chose life.

JLR/Tata was thwarted by the real threat to the health and well-being of Tavares, Robert Peugeot and co., by a workforce who knew the real score - their lives would be over under PSA-JLR, just as millions of British people's lives ended in the early 80s, with the psycho greed of 'Monetarism' and 'Thatcherism', which was covered up since, over nearly 40 years, by flooding these destroyed areas, the whole country, with drugs - illicit and prescription drugs.

This isn't a game. Most of the Europeans realise what's at stake, and what's really going on, and who is behind it.

Us Brits fell for the magic beans two generations ago, and now with Brexit etc, are basicaly fighting over smashed glass, trying to put the genie back in the bottle, the toothpaste back in the tube, while kidding ourselves we 'live in a rich country' - the highest house prices etc in the world.

Deep down, we know that for 90% we live in a Communist 20th century country, or worse, with not even guaranteed employment.

That's also why many/most of these 90% also believe that money should be thrown at JLR to keep it going, as we need these 40,000 'well-paying jobs', and all the jobs that rely on them, up and downstream.

We're stuck in other words - the situation so bad, it's only Hobson's choice - from the frying pan to the fire.

We have a PM who is regularly sloshed, spouting tripe, like '1 in 5 electric cars sold in Europe are made in the UK' - possibly true 6 years ago.

God knows how this will end.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 09-11-19 at 08:17. Reason: typos

Autocar's No.1 JLR fluffer caught lying, again:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2783

- the dog in the street knows after what seems a lifetime of this I-Pace nonsense - around 15 months - that this was just a GOM reset, after yet another dealer visit, yet another software 'upgrade', but Steve 'no sphincter knowingly underlicked' Cropley, in his typical shameless deceitful way, puts it out as proof of "a game-changing 25% range boost":

- in the immortal words of Saint Jezza, who previously held the position of JLR Sphincter Licker-in-Chief for many's a year, until that unfortunate incident with the steak and Assault Causing Actual Bodily Harm, Croppers wants taking outside and shooting in front of his family - only joking of course, just like Saint Jezza.

Reality crashes back in to Steve's fantasy, Paid-for-Lies "Game-changing" World:

Only today I left with 215 miles predicted, travelled 144 miles and had 20% charge left suggesting an actual maximum range of only 180 miles. So it was 20% ambitious. Probably mostly down to the grim weather conditions.
    - see link above

- those "grim weather conditions" are typical most-of-UK conditions for 6 or more months of the year.

We live on a cold - the BBC calls near freezing/sub-zero with windchill conditions in mid-Autumn 'cool' or 'chilly' - never 'cold'/freezing, notice? - damp/wet windswept rock in the north Atlantic. The brainwashing by the BBC, Attenborough, the UN et al, can't change that fact, even though around 90% of this cold rock's inhabitants now firmly believe they live in a semi-desert, like SoCal, and one about ignite and kill them, within 10 years anyway, due to fossil fuels.

Driving a massively wide, poor Cd, very heavy, 'sporty car' through sheets of rain on the road, heaters, wipers, lights etc all on, often with buffeting head or side winds, and expecting anything over 150 miles useful range, just shows how mad and brainwashed these cultists are.

This is just the start of these' 'cool'/'chilly' 'cold-snaps', with the US in classic Grand Solar Minimum territory already, with all-time, low temp, earliest time of the season records falling constantly.

We have the moderation of the sea around us and the Gulfstream, but that just means slightly higher temps, but usually more windchill - feels ever colder - when atlantic systems meet very cold air from the east or Scandinavia - as is happening over north Wales and northern England and Scotland now.

The cultists will still believe the Idiot Box in the corner of the room - on the wall now - and their fantasy 300 miles range 'game-changer' parked outside.

They are too far gone, and have too much to lose - not just face - admitting they've been had.