Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 205
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 2,041 to 2,042 of 2042
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    I'm confused. We have heard, that the launch of the ID.3 was delayed until August because of software problems. Yesterday I read, even on German websites, that VW has said, that the ID.3 will be launched in summer 2020 as always planned. Now a British dealer says, the ID.3 will come to Britain and presumably delivered to customers late March. Which is it? I'm also waiting eagerly for the ID.3. If the real reviews are good, I could very well order one.
    - the situation is 'Fluid', in a word. What's going on:

- a pinch of black arts/disinfo, by the anglo media, re. constant delays, software problems etc, like that against Daimler recently
    - China has imploded for everyone, which means VW especially, and so CEO Diess may be redirecting efforts and resources back to Europe
    - UK is very important for VAG, VW brand almost 10% alone market share, so may be getting priority
    - plus, UK is thee most affected/brainwashed market for the stigma of Dieselgate, so pumping out lots of shiny new, 'New-Gen VW' EVs, would make sense obviously
    - real Brexit end of 2020 could mean establishing VW's 'ID' EV brand as early as possible this year, to hook customers before the price goes up at least 10% from next year.

Otherwise, the car is plainly a cracker - very good.

It's the real breakthrough, mass-market, 'Ford Model T moment' EV.

I imagine Diess, being pretty bright, spotted this as soon as he landed in VAG, and has basically bet his job and VAG's future on it, so even if it had setback software problems, he would have thrown resource at it, to drag it back on timeline.

Unless something goes cataclysmically wrong with the car, it's blindingly obvious that this is the real Model 3, and by the end of this year it will be case of 'what Model 3?', and the ID.4 will be doing the same to the Model Y.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    I'm confused. We have heard, that the launch of the ID.3 was delayed until August because of software problems. Yesterday I read, even on German websites, that VW has said, that the ID.3 will be launched in summer 2020 as always planned. Now a British dealer says, the ID.3 will come to Britain and presumably delivered to customers late March. Which is it? I'm also waiting eagerly for the ID.3. If the real reviews are good, I could very well order one.
    I have a deposit on a first edition and VW wrote to me today and the word is still the Summer of this year for delivery not March.