Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 169
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 169 of 183 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1822
    Desperate stuff from shill-boy:

The brake recall for the I-Pace is very minor.

In the event of the regen totally failing when pressing on the brakes, the mechanical braking system has to react to the loss of regen braking within 1 second. Apparently Jaguar did some testing and found that this was taking 1.5 seconds, hence the recall for a simple software update that takes no more than a few minutes for the dealer to execute.

The eTron issue with poor seals on the battery module that could lead to a fire is far more severe and sounds like a major job of work for the dealers to carry out.
    https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1869

- it's almost as if they're rattled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Even some of the home team hacks have to admit that the e-tron's WLTP range is pukka, leaving bright viewers to realise/infer that the I-Pace's, 9 months on, is known to all and sundry as being as bent as a... knighted JLR CEO, minister of The Crown, top civil servants, Haymarket hacks etc, etc:

7:50-9:00

Administrator
    Surprising that Pendragon made that announcement about the dual arch build after suffering such a loss.

They may not be the only ones losing money.

Should get my car on the 28th June, I’ve had a deal on a car that was going to be a showroom car but dealer is closing as they won’t/can’t do jlr dual arch.

High spec hse in blue
    Pity he doesn’t give his location.

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewto...p=25322#p25322

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Surprising that Pendragon made that announcement about the dual arch build after suffering such a loss.
    JLR would just love for Pendragon to pull out of a white elephant palace - the more the better. They would sue the ar$e off them, and anyone else, and book the expected damages win(s) as current revenue, to help the balance sheet look at its best for the sales prospectus.

This is the last stages of an imploding company, where tomorrow can go to hell, and screwing everyone and anyone for five bob or five £million for a breached contract is almost their main income stream, and to hell with the consequences, as thet don't intend to be around past say Sep/Oct, hoping to have the whole thing sold, and them scarpered with the loot.

That's the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post

They may not be the only ones losing money.

Pity he doesn’t give his location.
    Found it(/them):

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...hips-to-close/

So, Pendragon has some ways of fighting back against its millstone 'golden goose' franchise of SS Titanicing JLR.

The problem is with all those contracts signed back in the 'stunning success' days of 2013-2016, which are now complete or very near complete, and which Pendragon knows are financial suicide to open and run, but ever quicker suicide to try to leave - JLR's legal activities revenue stream.

They're F'ed - both of them, Pendragon and JLR. Car dealers and a shsyter PR outfit - my heart bleeds.

Maybe now, or a couple of years ahead, this country might come to its senses, and stop thinking wealth is the higher the price of crap cars and hovel houses, and start again, the ****s flushed, but from the bottom, in our real third-world situation.

A year of production and still fundamental problems:

Re: OK to Drive with Caution, Traction Battery Fault Detected.

Post by jas5998 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 pm

I've had the I-Pace for 6 weeks, 2200 miles. Car goes into "ok to drive, traction battery fault detected", car will not start all functions are in shut down mode, wheels locked. Needed tow truck with dolly wheels and rear lift truck to tow to dealer. Fast forward 24 hours, no new information the car is sitting at the dealer lot DOA. Dealer is waiting on the technical dept. (auto IT) to respond. No clue as to what or how to fix the problem.

This issue seems to be wide spread... not a one off you would think by now a repair / fix would be in hand, very disappointing.
    Putting out a booted version of this lash-up, the 'eXJ', due 2018/19, would have been too much for even the UK/US media to cover over.

The attempt to make their charging speed claim non-fraudulent has just made matters worse:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewto...=1072&start=60

Probably to do with the not fit for the job battery management - cooling/heating - being overtaxed, drawing too much power.

They say Mickey Mouse wears a JLR watch, made in Bombay:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1887

The I-Pace is not only singlehandedly responsible for deforestation, due to its need for fault report printouts, but the bumbling Brummies and Bombay IT gurus have managed to make it twice as sh!t as it was:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1884

I suppose that's what they meant by Game-changer - 'we changed the rules whereby 99.9% of cars get better with development and time'.

Amazing what this wondrous fusion of British and Indian cultures has achieved, first the Opium trade and wars, where millions were made dopey in order to steal their silver, porcelain and valuable tea, and now thousands of 'early adopters' have been made dopey by the media in order to steal their bank accounts and retirement funds.

Administrator
    Jaguar’s inability to complete a satisfactory charge at some stations is set out by an employee of one the charging companies.

Evening all.

Jaguar built a car which s not compatible with the CCS control board on our older chargers. We have tested extensively with them in Barcelona, looking at firmware changes and so on, but to no avail. Newer CCS boards do work though, and some older charge points have had these fitted in the course of maintenance over the years. All newer 'Raption' models are unaffected.

The reason for the incompatibility is due to the pulse width modulation signals as far as I'm aware. Basically the car isn't saying the right things to the post at the right time, so the communication handshake cannot be completed. Jaguar have pushed the CCS protocols to presumably lessen the time it takes for a handshake, but the older CCS control boards - developed around the time the format became common - do not like this. They follow the CCS protocols rigidly. Newer boards from different manufacturers have a little more leeway.

This is a worldwide issue that we're taking seriously in conjunction with the charge manufacturer. Circontrol have compact rapids everywhere around the globe, and by all accounts the I-Pace is selling well, so it's a problem that will become more prevalent. I have already seen and heard examples of people rejecting I-Paces though due to the CCS failures.

So what's next? Well, Jaguar either need to change their software/firmware to accommodate existing infrastructure, or someone needs to pay for every CCS control board on every affected charger to be replaced. The former option is clearly the most practical and realistic, but I'm not sure Jaguar are willing to take those steps as some communications I've seen appear to deflect the responsibility to the charger manufacturer.

It's like building a new high speed train with wheels set an inch too far apart and expecting Network Rail to modify all the track to accommodate it...

Affected rapids WILL still charge on AC, but you may be there a while.
    http://eva-scotland.org/forum/viewto...=1122&start=50