Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1623
    The I-Pace, Ratner's 'diamond' earrings for the 21st century:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1635

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

InsideEVs still peddling lies for the I-Pace:

Jaguar is struggling with a drop of its general sales (by 13.7% in April to 11,462) and the new all-electric I-PACE is not yet able to help.

In April, sales of the I-PACE amounted to 1,419 globally, which is 12.4% of the overall volume for the brand.

Taking into consideration how many awards the I-PACE won and how amazing the car looks in person, we assume that only production constraints prevent sales of at least above 2,000 per month.

Total cumulative sales of the I-PACE is now 12,755 after 12 months.
    https://insideevs.com/news/348911/ap...-i-pace-sales/

- a quick look at Magna's Q1 report from yesterday would have informed these liars that I-Pace production is going great guns.

Magna Steyr production in Graz is around 2k/month, maybe a smidge higher, and the official sales are running at just over 1k/month.

Take out the fake 'sales' - units punted onto US, UK, Dutch, German etc dealer forecourts, to stand for months - and production is running at around 4 times/300% of sales.

Farce. But that's what JLR is. Happily for Magna, JLR can't pull the plug, due to no money for penalties and the resulting PR hit, just when they're trying to flog the company, fronted by the 'sales success' I-Pace.

Quick update on why the I-Pace's goose is cooked, as the real EVs/cars flood in, and hence why Tata needs JLR gone asap:

1. the 'normal', 'boring' e-tron seems to be going down well with the larger gentleman:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSs4VehrM1/

- guy is around 6' 3"-6' 4" I estimate, given the car is 1.62m high. Building a normal car, with head and legroom, has its advantages.

2. the EQC looks surprsingly good in the wild, with obviously supplies starting to come through:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSyoHDpPdu/

- the front, although gimmicky with the light band, works, will take the eye of many buyers, especially women.

3. the car that looks that it could sweep the rest before it, including the e-tron:

https://www.motor1.com/photo/4088729...ext-spy-photo/

- I think it looks great, and its interior space for footprint, performance, weight, range etc will be a major step-up.

Tata knows the likes of the 2021 iNext, Porsche Taycan/e-tron GT, 2020 Mercedes EQS etc will devour the I-Pace, a cramped hatchback on an ancient Range Rover/Jag XJ platform, which is why they're offloading.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

^^^^ Insignificant noises.

What matters is the Tesla Model 3 is winning over the UK press. 5 stars from Auto Express, which called it "A stunning electric car you can enjoy everyday" on it's front cover.

Capture.jpg

Then there is the 348mi range for £47K.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Baron95 View Post
    Then there is the 348mi range for £47K.
    £47k eliminates 95% of buyers.

Model Ss sold to wealtly individuals, business owners buying through their company, for EV subsidies, benefits.

But price where the buyers are, and there's no profit/huge losses.

VW is the first to square the circle - at or under €30k.

They have the money and patience to wait up to 5 years for Golf-class EVs to make money - by driving 90%+ out of business.

I know of 2 people who have returned fairly new I Paces to the dealer for something else as they couldn’t live with range anxiety, lack of working charging points and slow charging when they did find one. They have exchanged for E Pace and one gone to a different make of Hybrid. Range anxiety is a real concern and would prevent me from buying a total electric car at the present time.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    Range anxiety is a real concern and would prevent me from buying a total electric car at the present time.
    You do know that the new Model S will have way over 400 mi of WLTP range and can charge at 200 KW on superchargers, right?

How can you have range anxiety on that? Even in the winter, you would be able to go between any 2 points in the UK with one or two fast charges.
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Baron95 View Post
    You do know that the new Model S will have way over 400 mi of WLTP range and can charge at 200 KW on superchargers, right?

How can you have range anxiety on that? Even in the winter, you would be able to go between any 2 points in the UK with one or two fast charges.
    But that's the point, Baron, hydrajaws is pointing out that when the range is half or less, under 200 miles practical for the I-Pace, it's not viable.

The e-tron has similar range, a tad better, but its trump card, in mainland Europe, is fast charging.

The I-Pace is like a three legged stool, without any legs.

More BS/flatout fraud from the usual suspects:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcyrQAFS1r/

'Supercharger V3' is basically a gimmick - 250 kW for almost a literal nanosecond, and below e-tron 150 kW charging from less than 50% SoC.

The I-Pace tapers its fraudulent - '100 kW charging' - from just 30% SoC.

Seems unless your name is Tesla, JLR or Boeing, you have to actually do some work, rather than employ third-raters or drugged up loons and 'work' with scum in the media to brainwash idiots that your products are 'game changers' and 'disruptors'.

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    More BS/flatout fraud from the usual suspects:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcyrQAFS1r/

'Supercharger V3' is basically a gimmick - 250 kW for almost a literal nanosecond, and below e-tron 150 kW charging from less than 50% SoC.

The I-Pace tapers its fraudulent - '100 kW charging' - from just 30% SoC.

Seems unless your name is Tesla, JLR or Boeing, you have to actually do some work, rather than employ third-raters or drugged up loons and 'work' with scum in the media to brainwash idiots that your products are 'game changers' and 'disruptors'.

Man, Audi and you must be truly desperate. Did Audi even bother to understand how horrible what they posted looks for them?

Even the old, now discontinued Tesla 90D, clobbers the brand new Audi on miles of range added per minute of charging. And the Model 100 does better and the Model 3 better still.

It looks horrible for Audi. But yes, even worse for I-Pace.

Diagram shows that Tesla is superior for long trips with short breaks.

Tesla 1/3 of 75 kWh in 6 min 42 s
    Audi 1/3 of 95 kWh in 13 min 17 s.

Tesla 60% of the 75 kWh in 16 min 37 s.
    Audi 60% of the 95 kWh in 23 min 35 s.

Audi needs at least 60 % more energy for the same distance.

Tesla 156 km (97 mi) in 7 min -----> 22 km/min of charging
    Audi 113 km (70 mi) in 13 min -----> 9 km/min of charging **** disgraceful ****

Tesla 281 km (157 mi) in 17 min. -----> 17km/min of charging
    Audi 203 km (126 mi) in 24 min. ------> 8 km/min of charging ***** awful ****