Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 194
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,934 of 1934
    VAG is rebounding massively post its WLTP debacle, in Europe, and most other parts of the world, and the e-tron is doing its bit, especially in Holland - Nov '19 registrations:

holland1.JPG

https://raivereniging.nl/binaries/co...ember-2019.pdf

- 168 e-trons is not too shabby.

BMW doing very nicely too, thanks to the sales-smash 3-Series and 262 registered i3s:

holland2.JPG
    Hyundai killing it with the Kona, many of which will be PHEV and BEV:

holland2.JPG
    Jaguar, collapsed, due to the false high from the BiK cars this time last year:

holland2.JPG
    - without those 88 I-Paces, Jaguar may as well pack up and go home in Holland.

Selling junk like the XE and XF against sublime stuff like the 3-Series is beyond even JLR's, the global media's and the UK state's brainwashing. Pack it in lads, you've been well and truly rumbled.

The Dutch don't even swallow the crap about 'Royal Range Rovers', and 'Best 4x4xfar Land Rovers' anymore:

holland2.JPG

- the Land Rover numbers should be jumping off the page, due to huge rises from the 'new' Evoque and DSport, compared to Nov '18, not this near 40% fall.

The Sport and the Full-fat were JLR's only true money spinners, and now they've been eaten alive by the new, excellent X5, Audi Q8, BMW X7, Urus, Cullinan, etc, etc, etc.

JLR are telling UK taxpayers to keep JLR and Tata afloat until the new cars, replacing these 2012/2013 geriatrics, both of course on the 2003 XJ platform, arrive in 2022. Yep, and the other one's got bells on it.

JLR's gone, guys. The I-Pace is a sideshow compared to the collapse of the main business - XE, XF, RR twins etc.

The I-Pace's job was to cover over all this - collapse since 2015/16 at JLR - and get the whole thing sold.

Will someone grown up and not a congenital liar in UK public life deal with this.

I will work for a 'Next gen JLR', a 'Next gen UK', but not until the current shower of sh!t is cleaned out and we start dealing with reality.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 02-12-19 at 17:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    (...) - not one JLR PHEV, the full fat or Sport, registered in Sweden, last month, or this year, or ever!

Yet, Sweden is a happy hunting ground for everyone else, with relatively huge numbers of plug-ins being sold there, and BEVs actually falling, as the table shows:

Attachment 49453
    Perhaps I should remind everybody, that in Norway like in my Denmark, there is a very high tax on new cars. In Norway they decided to remove the car tax on EV's and give the owners a lot of benefits. That's why there are so many EV's in Norway. Here in Denmark, we have a lower tax on EV's than on ICE cars, but almost no benefits apart from that. A high car tax makes it possible for the politicians to make EV's more attractive by lowering or even removing the tax. That way, EV's can cost the same if not less than comparable ICE cars.

Sweden on the other hand is a country like any other, where there is no special tax on cars. You have to pay VAT of course, and there is a small registration fee. So cars are much cheaper in Sweden than in Norway and Denmark. But then they can't make EV's cheaper in Sweden, since there is no tax, they can remove. That's why EV's aren't very popular in Sweden. Instead people buy Hybrids and PHEV's in Sweden to get cars that are more modern, frugal and less polluting. I must admit, I don't know if there are any incentives for environmentally friendly cars in Sweden. There probably are, but since there is no car tax to remove, it's nothing like the no-tax EV's in Norway.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

As I've said, the latest, excellent plug-in hybrids, nearly all from the Germans, are beginning to murder BEV sales in many markets, if they are not completely skewed by subsidies to BEVs, like Norway. We've seen the effect in Sweden, now Belgium:

http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/2019/12...mber-2019.html

- this by-model data has to be paid for, and is not available on Febiac.be to the public - just by brand.

As I had also said, BMW in particular is killing it with their latest PHEVs. Why would you buy an ~£70k I-Pace, when you could have a much roomier, far more practical X5 45e for around £10k less, and have not far off BiK, and similar benefits of home-to-work, short-journeys EV?

When you need a longer journey, you fill up, rather than play Russian Roulette with the I-Pace's will it/won't it work at public chargers, and the same with its real, awful range and deliberately lying GOM.

It's actually PHEVs, not the 99% of the limelight hogging BEV thing, that is finally finishing off JLR.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

The bending over backwards to show they're not bent/buyable Germans - unlike Thatcham's 5* rubber stamp for JLR and possibly the Spanish test companies - almost give the Taycan 4*, due to something about whiplash, and yet it's the only car I've ever seen where the windscreen is completely unaffected in the most severe side pole test, i.e., the aperture is incredibly strong, and the whole thing is built literally like a tank - see 1:35:

Now compare the almost 4* Taycan by the self-flagellating Germans at ADAC to the 'near maxmium score' Model X by the Spaniards at Applus IDIADA, especially the side pole test, with affected windscreen, and major bits of trim flying around, ready to take the occupants' eyes out - '5 STARS, NEAR-MAXIMUM SCORE' - joke:

Seem the Brits at Thatcham Research and these Spanish fellas have a 'laid back' attitude to objective scoring - possibly, 'what incentive do we have to give you a joke 95%-plus score?'.

No wonder Basil, Manuel, 'I come from Barcelona', and Fawlty Towers was such a great comedy.