Was it too early for the I-Pace ? - Page 179
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 179 of 187 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1867
    'Sales' of JLRs generally are booming in Sweden, up nearly 200% YoY in August! - cough, dumping, pre-regs, demos, 'management cars' etc - but even then they can't shift literally more than a couple of handfuls of I-Paces a month:

I-Pace - 11 'sales'/regs. in August; 149 YTD

e-tron - 75 in August; 394 YTD

the barely on-sale EQC did 10 regs in Aug., and now 17 YTD.

Model 3 - 148 in Aug.
    Model S - 117; 751
    Model X - 59; 321
    BMW i3(BEV) - 78; 843
    VW eGolf - 63; 346

BMW's PHEV 530e did 81 regs, 519 YTD

Oddly, given JLR and the media saying how successful they are - the PHEV RR twins - and 'selling'/dumping hundreds a month, each month alone in France, not a single JLR PHEV has been registered in Sweden this year. Hmm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Registrations Holland, Aug. 2019

I-Pace - 32, 159 YTD
    e-tron - 85, 563
    EQC - 4, 26

Model 3 - 1,180, 7,823

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Registrations Holland, Aug. 2019

I-Pace - 32, 159 YTD
    e-tron - 85, 563
    EQC - 4, 26

Model 3 - 1,180, 7,823

EUROPE Auto Scout suggests that many of those cars delivered this year are still for sale.

Check out the German numbers ( Pre-Registered is helpfully shown) by refining the search and then tell us how many the stats for August show.

Jaguar I-Pace EV400 400pk AWD Aut. Business Edition S

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/j...0-b5e60efe6c83

Jaguar I-Pace EV400 AWD HSE PanoD BlackP Luftf HeadUp

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/j...1-717ec08b2f78

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    EUROPE Auto Scout suggests that many of those cars delivered this year are still for sale.
    The Dutch dealer is either a greedy b*stard or on drugs - €74k for a secondhand 'S'.

The I-Pace is history. Biggest waste of time and flop in the history of the British car industry - that's the real news.

The Taycan is managing almost 100 mph in the length of one and half football pitches - so will scoop up all the 'petrolhead' EV buyers - and the ID.3 is, as Bjorn Nyland has just said, immense value for money - so will scoop up all the 'sensiblehead' EV buyers - about 90% of the Model 3's custom - no one but a few really wants a sub 5s 0-60 EV runaround, or to pay €60k rather than €30k for it.

The I-Pace only saw the light of day to scoop up the Dutch idiot misers, and for Speth and his team to show that JLR wasn't dead, and act as a For Sale sign for Tata's desperate need to be rid of it.

All those things - fig leafs - are now gone, and all that remains is Tata handing over JLR to BMW's engineering dept., and a tsunami of real EVs - starting on Wednesday with the Taycan launch.

It's over, as I said 12 months ago, when it was obvious JLR had just flung it out the door to capture the ~3,000 Dutch, and to hell with it being a real car.

The Waymo 20,000 unit deal thing was a lie - outrageous fraud by JLR/Tata and the media, to pump/prop up TM's share price - Where were/are the SEC, SFO, FCA, ASA... , the 'hold powerful people to account' fourth-estate media and 'investigative journalism'?

What has happened to the I-Pace Trophy - the race series? If it's died/dead, why hasn't this been reported?

Why no announcement from Magna that I-Pace production has been cut? They put in their official quarterly financials that the E-Pace has been so done, but not the I-Pace, which it obviously has, given that it's barely selling 10k/yr against 25k/yr prodution, going into its second year. Magna is a party to the whole fraud of the I-Pace thing.

It it wasn't so serious, all this would be hilarious. But it's us, UK taxpayers, that the joke is on, not the '£100m Man' Speth, or the billionaires in Bombay, who are chopping away at their hollowed out, fraudulent, pensions raided/gone UK operations almost daily now, without a peep from the UK 'authorities' - Plod, Govt etc.

Hilarious - not.

We'll know more/better next week, when the breakdown comes out, but it looks to me as if Mercedes' EQC is catching on:

- the fact that in Germany it qualifies for the <€60k public grant, and that it is now pretty well established as fact that:

- it's extremely quiet, and thus relaxing - the new luxury
    - it's FAST
    - and its consumption is better to much-better than the I-Pace's, even though it weighs 2-300 kg more

means it's a HIT.

This JLR pusher went off script, and let the cat - the fraudulent '290 miles range' Jag - out of the bag - see 14:00-15:30:

Oh look, a real ~300 miles car:

Its first stop was at an Electrify America charging station in Bloomsburg, PA, after having already traveled for 250 miles (405 km).

At that point, the trip computer indicated that the Porsche EV had 39 miles (62 km) of remaining range, so it was definitely time for some extra juice. The car spent just 24 minutes docked to the charger, in which the battery went from 14% to 85%.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/po...-falls-to-nyc/

Wonder what the post-Brexit UK Department for Transport/JLR appendage will rate its range at? 200 miles? Not certify it, claiming it has an inbuilt cheat device, 'Electricgate', for the range test? Wouldn't be at all surprised.

Yes, it's expensive, but millions of man-hours over 4+ years of real development, from the world's best ingenieurs, techs and software devlopers, at ~€50/hr total compensation average, has to be paid for.

You want the best, not a lying PR outfit, or a toy maker with a child for a CEO, you pay for it. Real talent and actual work deserves a reward, otherwise you have the anarchy and the kakistocracy of the UK and US.

I wonder how the UK/US press will play, or would have played this - JLR, who they adore/work for, having to get its EV batteries from a 'Nazi outfit'?: Oh, the moral dilemma:

FRANKFURT, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Germany has agreed in principle with eight other European nations to set up a second consortium for the production and recycling of battery cells for cars, daily Handelsblatt reported, citing economy minister Peter Altmaier.

German firms BMW, BASF, BMZ Group, Varta are among the companies involved in the initiative that seeks to put regional players in a position to compete with dominant Asian suppliers, the paper cited sources as saying.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/secon...062714906.html

If, and it's a huge if, JLR is still around in 12 months, it will be buying, lock, stock and barrel, or engine, platform and motor, everything from BMW, as we now know.

That will inevitably mean also following BMW's battery plans.

Anyone know about 'Varta'?:

Varta was the Quandts' 'thing' way before BMW:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Quandt

- from rope makers in Holland, to uniform makers for the Kaiser, to U-boot battery makers for The Third Reich.

The Indians, the Tatas and Mistrys in Bombay/London, don't give a stuff of course about these things, just that they know JLR needs ~£50bn to bring it back to being an actual car company, so have chosen instead to outsource all 'car company things', which they don't understand, to the real Germans this time, BMW, rather than a second/third rate, BMW reject.

All academic of course, given JLR is burning up faster than a UK politician's cast iron promise, but interesting nevertheless.

Autocar now have a Jaguar I Pace on extended loan for evaluation and Steve Cropley already had stated its wonderful in every respect so hopefully this will help pathetic sales so far. Most of us know that it is a good car but way way overpriced and the Autocar test mule is an
    eyewatering price with all the extras specified.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

Jaguar and the Legacy automakers have bigger problems:
    Tesla Model 3 was the third best selling vehicle in the UK in August. Not 3rd best EV. Third best overall vehicle by sales units.

Yet, the SMMT data lists it as "other"!!!! Sad and ridiculous.

UK SMMT Data for August:

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 3.27.55 PM.jpg
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    Autocar now have a Jaguar I Pace on extended loan for evaluation and Steve Cropley already had stated its wonderful in every respect so hopefully this will help pathetic sales so far. Most of us know that it is a good car but way way overpriced and the Autocar test mule is an
    eyewatering price with all the extras specified.
    Lets' be honest - ignoring the Cropley/Autocar/Haymarket PR contract for JLR thing. The I-Pace is not an SUV. If you want an all-terrain luxury EV, you go for the e-tron, or maybe the Model X - the EQC's ride height too low.

The I-Pace actually competes not with the Model X - as JLR stated from Day one - it competes against the Model S/3.

Its interior space is just that of the Model 3, and it majors, supposedly, on 'driving dynamics and pleasure' - again, far more Model S/3, rather than Model X.

So, high-end I-Paces are actually up against the Taycan. £90k+ HSEs/FEs are meat and drink to the Taycan 4S, if not Turbo.

No one, but headbangers - insane - Home Counties Jag/JLR nuts will buy a near £100k I-Pace over a Porsche Taycan, as shown by the Taycan being sold out for at least 30k units, and JLR having sold real around 12k units of the I-Pace since launch, even with the artificial boost of the ~3,000 Dutch 2018 BiK buyers.

The I-Pace is gone. The reason Cropley is doing a long-termer, is because it isn't selling - it's an advert - Autocar/Haymarket paid to promote, do PR for JLR.

I don't remember a rash of media long-termer Evoques in 2012-2014. People were saying: 'shut up, and take my money'.

JLR knows the I-Pace is gone, hence the total shift to the Defender promotion - all its eggs in one basket.

It's just trying to save some face, and the fact that they pay Heseltine(Haymarket Media) probably £5m/yr, so have to have something to show for it.

JLR is not a car company. It's a media/PR company. It knows it has the state to back it up, prop it up, and the 'law' to protect it, including doing crimes of fake crimes for it.

So, Hallett, Cropley, Jezza, Andrew English etc, are the real JLR. They'll be still, Comical Ali-style, pumping out JLR 'Stunning' BS when JLR is in the past tense - it's what they do, they know no else.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 07-09-19 at 09:36.