XF Forum banner

Fourth Jag, second XF

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gravy 
#1 ·
Morning! :)
I owned this SV8 for a nearly four years and despite all of the problems I had in the first year, it was the best car I had owned.

Before that, my previous best car was my old '91 Sovereign. I also had a '95 XJR for a couple of years, but never really liked it as much as my Sov.
A couple of days ago, I decided to take the plunge and get a car which I had previously seen on the Jaguar website, and which had come down in price.

Behold! The mighty XFR :-D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Greg :)
Four days in and I'm getting used to the differences.
Obviously, it goes like a road-legal rocket, but then the SV8 was no slouch either.
The gearbox isn't quite as smooth when it is downshifting under deceleration/braking.
I can't find the setting for Auto Volume Control in the menu system.
Some of my tracks on my USB stick won't play, whereas they all did in the SV8's system. Also, they are coming up in the wrong order, which is a pain :-(
I have no idea how to use the media (video) player feature, but then, I believe it only works when stationary. Meh.
The Start-Stop feature is going to take some getting used to!
The XFR is more fuel efficient ... I never would have thought it, but it definitely appears to be the case. The real test will be when I do my commute to work, where I generally got around 26/27mpg.
There is less wind and road noise in the XFR. Less noise generally, in fact. The engine noise is a lot deeper from inside the cabin, and a hell of a lot louder from outside it 3:)
The suspension is firmer, but not unpleasantly so. Body roll is less but uneven surface noise ... our local roads are mostly covered with that bluish stone chippings surface which, when it starts to break up, used to make a lot of noise in the SV8.
Off for a little daytrip today, so I'm heading out to fill-up with fuel now. I've used V-Power in all of my last 4 cars. Yeah, I'm probably a sucker, but I have convinced myself that as a fuel it is of consistent quality. I'd have to be running on vapour before I'd use supermarket petrol ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.