Jaguar F Pace wins World Car of the Year
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Jaguar F Pace wins World Car of the Year

Google it

Beat the Q5 and VW Tiguan apparently. Someone won't be happy!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    Google it

Beat the Q5 and VW Tiguan apparently. Someone won't be happy!!
    haha LOL
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

No he won't be…..’World Car Design of the Year’ too!!

75 international jurors can't be wrong, can they!! I'm sure we'll get a reason why they are, except it would then call into question the other winners:

BMW - World Urban Car of the Year (i3),
    Mercedes - World Luxury Car of the Year (E Class),
    Porsche’- World Performance Car of the Year (Boxter/Cayman)

2016 XFS, 3.0 S/C Petrol,
    Quartzite, Brogue Interior, 20" Labyrinth Wheels, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, HUD, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated/Cooled Seats, Memory Pack, 825W Meridian InControlTouchPro, Auto Boot, Cooled Glovebox, Surround Cameras.
    Previously: 2015MY PL 3.0DS, Polaris White, Black Interior; 2012MY PL 3.0DS Stratus Grey, Ivory Interior; 2010MY Portfolio 3.0D Vapour Grey, Ivory Interior.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    No comment

This is a second design award for Jaguar. The Jaguar F-Type previously won the World Car Design of the Year award in 2013.

It is a conspiracy to destroy the German car industry.

There. I said it.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

66 grand for 0-60 mph in 9 seconds and 34 mpg:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...el-test-review

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    66 grand for 0-60 mph in 9 seconds and 34 mpg:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...el-test-review

Not a good report at all.
    What I don’t understand is how, given all of your reporting that the Diesel Ingenium engine is failing real world testing, that the F-Pace as tested ever got past what is described as the most rigorous pollution testing that is applied by the EPA ?

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Not a good report at all.
    What I don’t understand is how, given all of your reporting that the Diesel Ingenium engine is failing real world testing, that the F-Pace as tested ever got past what is described as the most rigorous pollution testing that is applied by the EPA ?
    it isn't though, is it. EPA's test is a lab test, like Europe's NEDC - rolling road, 23 deg.C etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTP-75

But that's not the point. EPA is political. Dieselgate was all about cheat software to pass EPA for VW group diesels. And yet JLR diesels fail as tested by Emissions Analytics, ADAC, the German transport ministry, the UK Dept. of Transport... in real driving.

Is that not enough grounds for EPA to check JLR's diesel also aren't cheating the lab rolling road test? All they have to do is strap on a PEMS machine. Why aren't they doing it? Why isn't any US body, from car mags to the DoJ, doing this?

There's only one logical conclusion: JLR is a protected species. Confirmed by no crash test of a JLR by NHTSA(or IIHS) since Tata's takeover in 2008.

Anyone acquainted with the matter knows JLR would fail a US PEMS test; that's why it won't be done.

They'll continue to harrass Daimler and Bosch for billions, though.

It doesn't matter now. JLR is finished, with just the UK and bits of the US functioning for them, and both markets about to tank, by around 40%, which will be the end.

It was all a game - Dieselgate, the villain VW, the media outcry against 'The Cheat' - and is just the last thrashings of a dying regime of corrupt, evil vermin who have had it good for 30, 40 years, whose pathological greed has destroyed the system they preyed on.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 05-07-17 at 08:49.

Incredible how this company exists at all:

F-Pace, introduced into market April 2016, still no crash test by EuroNCAP, nor by NHTSA/IIHS in the US. Why?

Alfa Stelvio introduced into market June 2017, crash tested by EuroNCAP June 2017 - 5* (highest score ever?)

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/.../stelvio/27419

EuroNCAP weighed the tested 2.2-litre 4WD diesel at 1,745kg, which compares to the 1,970 kg weight of the F-Pace 20d AWD tested by Car&Driver.

So no crash test, anywhere, 15 months on from being on-sale, and it weighs 200-250 kilos more than the competiton, as I said it did, due to it being on a 'F segment' platform' - Jag XJ, Range Rover Sport - as opposed to the 'D Segment' Guilia-on-stilts Stelvio.

This rubbish can't go on.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Actually, the EPA did not test the Ingenium for compliance. The automakers self-test and provide a report to the EPA together with other documentation (emissions control devices installed, software controls programming, etc). The EPA can ask questions or accept the automaker ratings. The EPA conducts a sampling test on about 15% of certified models every year to monitor compliance.

So at this time all we know is that Jaguar claims to pass EPA emissions in their internal tests. And that is nothing hard to do. It just costs money in additional exhaust after-treatment. Those options are missing from European spec Ingenium cars.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover