Looking to buying an XF Sportbrake... Which one!!
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Looking to buying an XF Sportbrake... Which one!!

Hi All,

New to the forum.
    It's time to change the 2006 X5 3.0D Sport after 5 years ownership. After considering various options for a replacement I have decided that I will be going for an XF sportbrake, but which one? Engine wise I am set on the 2.2D 200bhp and was originally hooked on the R Sport as I prefer styling coming from my previous cars of Toyota Supras and Subaru Imprezas back in the day, (It was over 7 years ago so don't judge me on that!) and the X5 is hardly a thing of beauty!
    I would like to know what opinions people have on various models and trim options. After looking a bit deeper, the R Sport examples I have been looking at don't have heated seats etc which I have become accustom to in the X5. I will have about £20K to spend on the new car, have seen a few 13/14 plates with less than 40k miles on.

Thanks for your feedback,

Chris.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

hi and welcome!

would say aim at premium lux trim level as minimum, portfolio being the highest. at £20k, you should get 3.0D as well - it's better suited for such big car. you could even get 3.0DS
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

Wish I was in your shoes - I currently have a WRX

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I havent had my Sportbrake for long but i honestly wouldn't go less than 3.0l, its a big old wagon for a 2.2l. i got the XFS and im already looking at remaps for a little more power and mpg .

Quote Originally Posted by NickADP View Post
    i got the XFS and im already looking at remaps for a little more power and mpg .
    hell yeah
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

Having changed a 2012 3.0D PL saloon for a 2014 2.2D Sportbrake Portfolio perhaps I can offer a comment. Yes, the 3.0D is a much sharper engine, smooth, quiet and quick. However, the only significant drawback I found with the 2.2D is the turbo lag when pulling away which is quite noticeable, otherwise, unless you want the power, it works just fine in normal use, whether for shopping trips or on the motorway. The Portfolio trim is well worth having, and trim level and colour etc was what I wanted especially and am happy with the slight downside of the less-sharp motor.

A 3,0l portfolio would be a fine motor car with all the performance and toys you would wish fir

If you're keeping it for a while, save a little more , it'll be worth it.
    that said, I have a 2.2 lux with some extras and am content with that. But when I come to change, I'll be going up spec not down.
    So will expect heated seats, leather, sat nav etc and more