My XF-S in Caesium Blue - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Opti View Post
    I can think of two reasons why you don't need cooled seats.

1. You live well north of Hadrian's wall where it is always cold.

2. Jaguar cooled seat are total crap. I have them on my car.
    Jaguar cooled seats are brilliant. We did our last road trip to the Alps in July and average temperatures in Germany, France, Spain etc. were 35C. Without the cooled seats I would have been stuffed That was on my previous XK. However I do agree I don't need them for Orkney but it's not that cold; just windy
    2017 XF-S 3.0D in Caesium Blue
    Ex ...2015 Sportbrake 2.2 Luxury in Lunar Grey
    Ex...2010 XK 5.0 V8 Portfolio in Claret

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Beautiful car......beautiful colour......beautiful views.

When you say your car has as much 'go' as the 5.0V8 I assume you mean the N/A model.
    That's correct Dr Opti, my XK was good, my previous XKR certainly had a lot of go but the adaptive dynamics on the XK 5.0 and my new XF-S allow more grip and cornering ability

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXKR;683705[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]Jaguar cooled seats are brilliant[/COLOR]. We did our last road trip to the Alps in July and average temperatures in Germany, France, Spain etc. were 35C. Without the cooled seats I would have been stuffed That was on my previous XK. However I do agree I don't need them for Orkney but it's not that cold; just windy
    My car has been returned to the dealers several times due to the poor performance of the 'cooled seats'. Twice the dealers have charged me £50 for new seat filters which are made in China and I imagine cost mere pennies to manufacture. Total rip off as fitting the filters is a two minute job.

The new seat filters made not the slightest difference. The dealer(s) tell me "that is as good as they get" and a lot of customers are unhappy with their performance.

Cooled seats is an option box I wouldn't tick in future.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXKR View Post
    On my morning work run - 17 miles - I'm achieving 51mpg! Economical enough for me...
    Excellent figures. The computer on my car shows a paltry 22 MPG over the last 2000 miles.

Trip computers are set up to 'please owners'. They are far from accurate. Brim to brim tests on my own car has shown the trip computer to be about 11% optimistic.

Excellent figures. The computer on my car shows a paltry 22 MPG over the last 2000 miles.

Trip computers are set up to 'please owners'. They are far from accurate. Brim to brim tests on my own car has shown the trip computer to be about 11% optimistic.
    You maybe need to change either your car or your driving style. 22mpg and a sweaty back, not good

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXKR View Post
    You maybe need to change either your car or your driving style. 22mpg and a sweaty back, not good
    Love the car and not being German made is a bonus. I find 22 MPG quite reasonable bearing in mind the performance.

.....when I say 22 MPG in reality I mean 19/20 MPG. Those trip computer certainly know to flatter a driver.

I did manage 14mpg when I was "testing" it on our private road around Orkney

Seat coolers are pathetic. Same type as Ford uses. Trouble is the seat heaters use the same pad with current reversed. They take too long to heat up.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

moan moan moan....... no pleasing some folk. Still, if that's your biggest concern then the rest of the car will make up for it (or am I on the wrong forum?)