My XF Portfolio 180 AWD - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Welcome to the new XF club...enjoy!!!

2016 XFS, 3.0 S/C Petrol,
    Quartzite, Brogue Interior, 20" Labyrinth Wheels, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, HUD, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated/Cooled Seats, Memory Pack, 825W Meridian InControlTouchPro, Auto Boot, Cooled Glovebox, Surround Cameras.
    Previously: 2015MY PL 3.0DS, Polaris White, Black Interior; 2012MY PL 3.0DS Stratus Grey, Ivory Interior; 2010MY Portfolio 3.0D Vapour Grey, Ivory Interior.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
    Ah - I'm still finding out how the forum works - that was a reply to crazymind. Thanks for all the replies. I've sorted the locking - I've changed the key so a single press unlocks all the doors. Grabbing the drivers door handle just unlocks the drivers door - I don't think I can change that, but I'm happy with that.
    You should be able to change the unlocking sequence. Both previous editions of the XF had both options available at a vehicle security settings display on the touch screen. I can't believe Jaguar deleted that option.

I have the alternative "all doors and boot unlock" set on my XF. The first things I do are disable the driveaway locking and set the alternative all doors and boot unlock option. On all my cars, except my two door Subaru BRZ which is almost always occupied only by me. It has a Supercharger and fingernail scratches all over the passenger door card near the door handle.....
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Quote Originally Posted by Philocd View Post

If I have the fob in my pocket, I can open any of the doors.
    Ah yes, but if you walk up and open a door can your wife then open her door?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Griffin75
    Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    ...in short, yes, or open the trunk/boot, or back doors.

Old school me.
    I always open the door for the wife.
    2012 Premium Luxury 3.0D, Garage Opener, Adaptive Lights, Blind Spot, Reversing Camera, Parking Sensors, 12x12 Seats.

Same with mine if I pull the handle on any door the whole car unlocks. There is a page in car settings which will change to single door-if you want, you can also set drive away door locking and at what speed it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Jaguar XF, 3 litre diesel S, 2012, Portfolio, stratus grey with 20" silver Dracos with barley interior.

The default setting is American style: the first unlock just unlocks the driver's door and bootlid. Pressing the unlock button twice in quick succession should unlock all four doors.

In the former XF there is a menu setting on the touch screen under vehicle settings. Have a look for that type of display.

Probably the reference to pressing and holding the lock and unlock buttons together would be a reference to the fob buttons I expect. The button on the door is a lock button only is it not? You don't need to press that button to get in the car. I assume you have full keyless entry?
    Yes, it's full keyless entry and I now understand what's happening. You can change single point entry to multi-point entry in 'vehicle settings' on the information screen using steering wheel buttons (not the touch screen). Or by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for 3 seconds. This changes the behaviour of the 'unlock' button on the key fob but not using the drivers door handle. So if opening the car for others, I need to either use the key fob or a door handle other than the driver's. Or jump in quick and press the unlock button inside! Subtly different from my wife's Honda which can be set to unlock all doors from the driver's door handle.

I'm really pleased with the car and my fears about ICTP are unfounded - I found this forum AFTER I'd ordered the car!; mine seems to work very well indeed and is very responsive. I've not seen a glitch so far and the audio and telephone performance is excellent. The sat nav re-routes seamlessly and very quickly when you ignore it's directions (I do this frequently close to home when there are roadworks!)
    2017 XF Portfolio 180 AWD in Italian Racing Red

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin75 View Post
    ...in short, yes, or open the trunk/boot, or back doors.
    Then your car is set to the optional all doors and boot unlock setting.

If you post how you did it then we'll all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Philocd View Post
    Old school me.
    I always open the door for the wife.
    Somehow I knew that.

My wife finds it annoying to have to wait for me, on either side of the car....on either side of the Atlantic.

Mind you, in the UK I do get to smirk at her as I open the door she's standing beside and push in front of her to get in first....really annoys her when she realizes she has waited at the wrong door.

Griffin75
    Then your car is set to the optional all doors and boot unlock setting.

If you post how you did it then we'll all know.
    IMG_0122.jpg

Photo of the dash in the menu setting is above.
    --> Choose the Security Features menu.
    --> Choose - 2 Stage Unlocking
    --> Uncheck the box as shown in the photo.

This should now allow the drivers door to unlock all doors and the trunk at the same time.
    You have to unlock the drivers side before the remainder will unlock. You don't have to hit the unlock button in the car at all.