First year F-Pace sales results are in.
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
    Administrator

First year F-Pace sales results are in.

So now we can judge the success of F-Pace sales in Europe, including the UK.

Jaguar

F-Pace

January 0
    February 88
    March 94
    April 1.235
    May 1.467
    June 2.293
    July 2.126
    August 1.258
    September 4.082
    October 2.726
    November 2.617
    December 2.154

Jaguar

F-Pace
    2016 20.140
    And for for the USA.

Jaguar

F-Pace

Jaguar

F-Pace

January 1.458
    February
    March
    April
    May 666
    June 1.123
    July 1.609
    August 1.222
    September 809
    October 1.240
    November 1.525
    December 1.822

Jaguar

F-Pace
    2016 10.016

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Nice and healthy.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

So in Europe, the highest sales number was in September, whereas in the US the lowest sales number was in September. Did they decide to keep all the new cars in Europe that month?
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

In the US model year changeover happens in September. It is not unusual to see a low sales number in September. And it is not unusual to see a crazy high number either, and massive discounts to close out the model year happen.

So, never look at a single month. Look at the trends.
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    So in Europe, the highest sales number was in September, whereas in the US the lowest sales number was in September. Did they decide to keep all the new cars in Europe that month?
    The European number would reflect U.K. sales in September.
    Our registration system creates two peaks annually, March and September.
    Many motorists like to take delivery of a new car at those times because the car sports the latest registration mark, albeit for just
    6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    The European number would reflect U.K. sales in September.
    Our registration system creates two peaks annually, March and September.
    Many motorists like to take delivery of a new car at those times because the car sports the latest registration mark, albeit for just
    6 months.
    It could be a good idea to buy a new car as soon as a new registration mark is out or at least not shortly before. Here in Denmark we use the calendar year for cars. I got my faceliftet MY 2012 XF in late November 2011. Now that I'm trying to sell it, it is considered a 2011 model. An identical car registered just a couple of months later in January or February of 2012 would be considered a 2012 model and fetch a somewhat higher price. I imagine, it's the same in the UK with your registration marks.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    It could be a good idea to buy a new car as soon as a new registration mark is out or at least not shortly before. Here in Denmark we use the calendar year for cars. I got my faceliftet MY 2012 XF in late November 2011. Now that I'm trying to sell it, it is considered a 2011 model. An identical car registered just a couple of months later in January or February of 2012 would be considered a 2012 model and fetch a somewhat higher price. I imagine, it's the same in the UK with your registration marks.
    I think that in theory you are correct but I can't say because the process of buying and selling is often dependent on negotiation.
    Certainly in the advertising of a car for sale by a dealer the registration mark date is often featured to support the price/valuation but that's as far as it goes.

The numbers look impressive but this is probably one of the most troublesome vehicles that JLR have launched in recent times.

I rejected my 2.0 D Portfolio on December 4th with 5000 miles on the clock which I took delivery of in July 2016 This was due to a very bad and unacceptable drive line vibration from new which Jaguar engineers had no reasonable chance of fixing after one failed attempt.

My replacement F Pace was built this week and is in transit to my dealer. JLR CRC have been brilliant and Amellia in particular in liasing with me and my dealer by keeping me updated and arranging another F Pace for me to use following my rejection and until my replacement is built and is delivered.

The F Pace has so far been plagued with infortainment incontrol connect pro problems, panel alignment, creaking rear springs, leaking differentials, driveline vibrations,creased leather and saggy seats all of which should never happen on a new model supposedly put through a strict testing programme.

A number of F paces have been rejected in the UK for refunds or a replacement vehicle as in my case which is not a good start for a vehicle with so much promise.

A surprising number of F Paces are already for sale second hand and for a new car in its first year this is quite unusual. Hopefully these are not all rejected vehicles but I believe that my unfixed F Pace is up for sale.

The loan vehicle a 2.0 D Portfolio I have is perfect and has restored my faith in the product so I am looking forward to the new one.I have learned a lesson never to buy a new model until it has been in production for a least a year which I should have learned after my experiences with my first XF in 2008 with all its issues as the following 3 were perfect
    Last edited by hydrajaws; 03-02-17 at 23:11.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    A surprising number of F Paces are already for sale second hand and for a new car in its first year this is quite unusual. Hopefully these are not all rejected vehicles but I believe that my unfixed F Pace is up for sale.

The loan vehicle a 2.0 D Portfolio I have is perfect and has restored my faith in the product so I am looking forward to the new one.I have learned a lesson never to buy a new model until it has been in production for a least a year which I should have learned after my experiences with my first XF in 2008 with all its issues as the following 3 were perfect
    Hope you enjoy the new one. If nothing else it shows Jaguar to be a good and responsible supplier if they readily will exchange a car with 5000 miles; not all OEMs are so accommodating (read the Audi forums if you want to see how a real arrogant manufacturer behaves). Your final point is good too. Never buy any car made in "job-1 plus 90 day" window. Its where all the faults are exposed (and every car maker has them)

As for lots of second hand vehicles for sale in year 1, it's a phenomena of country of origin (design and manufacture). All the early trial runs and dealer fill volumes find their way onto the local market - it's the same in France, Spain, and even, (sotto voce) Germany.

Really hope you enjoy it. I think it's an exceptional car, and look forward to it's smaller sister next year.
    2016 MY XF Prestige (X260) 2L Diesel in Quartzite with Jet trim, Cold Climate pack, SS Spare & Tinted windows.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    The F Pace has so far been plagued with infortainment incontrol connect pro problems, panel alignment, creaking rear springs, leaking differentials, driveline vibrations,creased leather and saggy seats all of which should never happen on a new model supposedly put through a strict testing programme.
    This, unfortunately, is the result of trying to engineer and launch cars on the cheap. Jaguar simply does not have the resources (engineering talent, funding, depth) that other automaker have. And it is likely to get much worse if they ever start deploying their own engines (Ingenium) in large numbers. Relying on suppliers to do development and integration of major components (like infotainment and driveline) only works with expert supervision and management.

Jaguar is rolling the dice in these new products introductions. Most of the time, they will be ok, but every now and them they won't.

As to waiting a year before buying a new product, all I can say is that I am a car whore, and I'm frequently the first in line to take a new product, and, on balance, the advantages of having the new technology and new model far outweigh any teething problems.