AUTOCARS Review of the F-PACE - Page 3
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bik3rz View Post
    kerb weight - macan is only 4kg lighter?
    Nope. Curb weight is with full fuel. The F-Pace carries an additional 6 liters of diesel, which weights 5.5KG. So, with the same amount of fuel on board the F-Pace is 1.5KG lighter, if you believe the figures from a British magazine, which virtually never actually weighs the cars they test.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Baron95 View Post
    Nope. Curb weight is with full fuel. The F-Pace carries an additional 6 liters of diesel, which weights 5.5KG. So, with the same amount of fuel on board the F-Pace is 1.5KG lighter, if you believe the figures from a British magazine, which virtually never actually weighs the cars they test.
    LOL, looks even better. who does weight cars in tests?
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bik3rz View Post
    LOL, looks even better. who does weight cars in tests?
    All of the American car magazines (Motortrend, Car and Driver, Road and track) and all the top German car magazines (Autobild et al).

Not only do they provide actual, on the-scales weight of the cars, they provide the F/R weight distribution as well.

British car magazines, OTOH, simply print the manufacturer data. American, German car manufacturers (GM, BMW, Porsche) are usually dead on on weight. Italian (e.g. Alfa and Ferrari) and British (e.g. Jaguar) usually ridiculously understate their car's weight.

That is how the 2-ton and ridiculously nose heavy F-Type was unmasked on this forum by yours truly - forcing Jaguar to drop its claim of "50/50 weight distribution" and "super light weight".

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/threads/162...cayman+50%2F50

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/threads/504...cayman+50%2F50

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/threads/262...cayman+50%2F50
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

An update on the "horsepower wars".

Mercedes - 400+PS 2-litre petrol in new A45 AMG, 650+PS 4-litre V8 in Black Series E63 AMG:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/we...%80%93-out-now

http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-neuhe...chnische-daten

Required to combat new 4-litre V8 petrol from Porsche and 400PS 2-litre from VW.

Where are JLR's Ingenium petrols, I4, I6 and V8?

Jaguar urgently needs new v.high-power petrol engines. Range Rover can (short term) live on the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post

Where are JLR's Ingenium petrols, I4, I6 and V8?
    According to some members here, including 2 who claim to work at JLR and have relatives working for JLR, Ingenium Petrol was to be on the road 16 months ago.

P.S. These were the same people who said to me on this very forum, as it related to the F-type weight - "Trust me, you'll like the weight (implying under 1,500KG)"

It seems to me that even the insiders get the same over-promise, under-deliver diatribe. They have no shame and no regard for their own credibility.

According to some members here, including 2 who claim to work at JLR and have relatives working for JLR, Ingenium Petrol was to be on the road 16 months ago.

P.S. These were the same people who said to me on this very forum, as it related to the F-type weight - "Trust me, you'll like the weight (implying under 1,500KG)"

It seems to me that even the insiders get the same over-promise, under-deliver diatribe. They have no shame and no regard for their own credibility.
    It's gone beyond shameless, I think they genuinely believe their own hype.

I saw my first F-Pace yesterday.

The background diesel scare and London Mayor Khan's plan to ban all diesels, including Euro6s, has kiboshed the F-Pace's launch.

The F-Pace has no 4-cyl. petrol and no London Congestion Charge-exempt plug-in hybrid.

JLR must have thought the allure of the Jaguar name and the UK media doing their magic would be sufficient.

London is everything in UK. Not London compatible - no PHEV, EV, modern petrol capable of genuine 40mpg - no go.

JLR's crazy powertrain policy - lack of one - has finally caught up with them, because engines cost $$$, and Tata needed those dividends. Something had to give.

F-Pace's benchmark, the Porsche Macan, still selling secondhand above list price two years after launch:

'Magnitude Finance also pointed out that prices of the Porsche Macan have risen by 25% post-showroom, despite there being no limit on production.There is, however, an up to eight-month waiting list for the small SUV, which is likely to be driving up prices for those who would rather pay a premium than wait.'

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...%C2%A31million

Yet, just a few days ago, Auto Express told its idiot readers that the Macan loses half its value in 3 years, so presumably minimum several thousands in the first year:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/...-porsche-macan

Jaguar F-Pace 3.0 S Porsche Macan S Diesel
    On the road price/total as tested £52,300/£59,665 £46,182/£56,352
    Residual value (after 3yrs/36,000) £25,135/48.1% £25,229/54.6%

But why didn't this Magnitude Financing outfit highlight the huge secondhand premiums for the smash-hit, sold out for months, hot new Jaguar F-Pace, which again the world-renowned for its inability to lie British media reported on just a month ago:

'Jaguar's F-Pace SUV is the in-demand new car of 2016. But with a waiting list stretching to six months, don't expect to take delivery of one until next year even if you place an order right now. For some, that's just not good enough. And that's why they're offering to pay up to 20 per cent over the showroom price to get their hands on a used one.'

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...0-premium.html

What's that smell? Ahh, Bull****, er Bisto.

Styling, fashion, celeb associations and a media that brainwashes airheads only gets you so far, well five years of the egregious Evoque granted, but in the end, for a proper brand like Jaguar, not a handbag cult like Range Rover, you have to have product, real engineered product, not just black wheels and 'Design by a Spice girl'.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 21-07-16 at 14:09.

Meanwhile... the world moves on:

1. Mercedes-AMG hypercar - to celebrate 50 years of AMG, 1,300hp, electric-powered front axle, 1,000hp new 2-litre petrol engine

2. Porsche 960 - 2018, mid-engine, target Ferrari 488, McLaren 675

3. VW may be working with Tata to develop a low-cost car

The Mercedes-AMG hypercar is aimed at Porsche - 918, 919 so on, not Ferrari, not McLaren.

Stuttgart sees the guys down the road as the real, only competition.

JLR made huge play a few years ago about a powerful 4-cylinder engine for the cynical vapourware Jaguar C-X75, originally built by Williams for a stillborn F1 rule change, and then opportunistically hawked to JLR, whose original jet engine propulsion was just a smokescreen.

Now we have Mercedes with a 1,000hp 2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine, due next year.

Porsche, flush with cash from the Macan, 911R, Cayman GT4 etc. are finally going to tackle Ferrari's very good mid-engine 488. If it's a repeat of the 918/LaFerrari/P1, then the 960 will decimate the competition, and be the cheapest.

Tata Motors may have been thrown a lifeline by VW, who will use Tata's Indian cheap labour to build their 'third world car', but designed and developed in Germany.

The world has moved on, massively in 3 years, yet JLR and its advocates haven't, still promising and never delivering, and what does come by exception, the diesel ingenium, is little better than tat.

Time waits for no man, and the one thing JLR and the media can't control is the march of progress, which will sweep them and their cynical boasts away.

Narcissistic personality disorder (exhibited here) can be treated these days, with medication and long-term psychotherapy.
    MY12 Premium Luxury 3.0D sunroof, memory seat pack, split-fold rear seats, ejector button, chrome power vents, piano black trim

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    London is nothing to car buyers, since almost no one commutes into London by car and those in London only use their car (if they have one) to leave London (I should know I lived there for twenty years all over London). London is irrelevant to the car buying public.
    Certainly London residents mostly use public transport but many folk living outside but working in or passing through the capital will care. I have dispensation, albeit at a £10 annual fee, from the congestion charge with my car but it would not be available with an F-Pace or most others in the Jaguar stable and London is not the only city planning or considering banning diesel cars.