The F-Pace has arrived in Denmark
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

The F-Pace has arrived in Denmark

There is a home page here in Denmark, where we can see all registered cars. Not with the name of the owner, but the registration number, kind of car and date of course. I often follow the Jaguar sales here in Denmark, and I've just noticed, that an F-Pace with 3 l V6 diesel has been registered here in Denmark. When I was out shopping today, I went down by the harbour, where Jaguars, Land Roves and Minis imported to Denmark arrives. There were three F-Pace and three XE's for that matter. The photos are nothing special, but I'll show them anyway:

IMG_1428.jpg

A white F-Pace flanked by two Range Rovers

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Two black F-Paces in the background. One has a double tailpipe, and the other has two separate tailpipes.

IMG_1431.jpg
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

The pictures are actually very helpful. It is instructive to see the F-Pace next to the Range Rover for size/design comparison. Thanks for posting.

Question for you. From a distance did you have to do a double take to see if it was an XE or XF? Or was it readily apparent it was an XE?
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Baron95 View Post
    Question for you. From a distance did you have to do a double take to see if it was an XE or XF? Or was it readily apparent it was an XE?
    To be honest, I think it's difficult to distinguish the different Jaguar models. Even if it's an old faceliftet XF or an XJ, I often have to look twice. Of course it depends on the situation. It's easier from a distance, than if you are suddenly close to it like in a showroom or in traffic. I use a few little tricks. From behind it's easy. The XE has one arch in the rear lights, and the XF has two. From the side, the XF has a small triangular window right behind the rear door. I don't think it opens with the door on the new XF. And the XF is longer. From the front, it can be difficult. Only the XE comes with halogen headlights. Only the XF and XJ comes with LED headlights. It makes it more difficult that they come with different fronts for S-Sport, S and standard and with several grilles, and they can have black pack. So two XE's e.g. can look quite different from each other.

I have the same difficulty with BMW's, Audis and even Mercedes'. If I'm in a dealership showroom, I often have to ask, if it's a 3 series or a 5 series and so on. But of course, I don't follow those brands closely, so if there is a new model, I don't know it well. I don't really like, how much different cars from the same brand look like each other. I think, I expressed my concern, before the XE was launched, and we discussed it here. I understand the value of brand recognition, but I think it's ofte too much. In the good old days, cars from the same brand didn't look the same. Perhaps the had the same grille design like BMW or Mercedes, but they were not hard to tell from each other. It think that I am becoming better at telling the different Jaguar models from each other. The XE is rather small and compact, and the XF is long and elegant.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.