Another new F Pace write up - Page 3
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    Hey, I'm into answers. You figure out the question. I'm off duty you know.
    Then here is the question. I say this is the third one to me and I am being generous because I like you. How many will you give me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
    Then here is the question. I say this is the third one to me and I am being generous because I like you. How many will you give me?
    You can ask as many as you like. The quality of the answers is not guaranteed. Indeed, I observe that free advice is worth no more than you paid for it, as is often the case with other free goods or services.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    You can ask as many as you like. The quality of the answers is not guaranteed. Indeed, I observe that free advice is worth no more than you paid for it, as is often the case with other free goods or services.
    I am delighted to hear that admission, you must have made my day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
    I am delighted to hear that admission, you must have made my day.
    Only you will know. Happy to oblige.

It remains a source of wonder to me how arguments can develop on the Internet. Wonder is an increasingly rare (can you increase rarity?) and consequently valuable commodity as one ages. This is the motivation behind my fitting a supercharger to my otherwise childish sportscar. Oversteer on demand is wonderful.

If Jaguar ever made a new Sportbrake, the F-Pace would outsell it by 10 to 1.

Once the SUV/CUVs were made to handle well enough, it was game over for the fuddy-duddy wagons. Just like when the SUVs/CUVs were made practical enough it was gave over for the mini-vans.

Any mainstream brand can survive without a wagon. None can prosper without an SUV. That is why Jaguar, Maserati et al had to follow Porsche who had to follow BMW, Mercedes, Audi, who in turn had to follow Ford, GM and Chrysler into the SUV fray.

Wagons are being cancelled left and right (see Sportbrake and the above mentioned Cadillac CTS Wagon). But SUVs are multiplying at breakneck speed. See the F-Pace, Levante, Bentayga, etc, etc, etc).

This ship has sailed. Arguing that wagons are more desirable by the buying public than SUV/SUV is beyond silly.

Even Aston Martin is throwing in the towel with the Aston Martin DBX concept:

aston-martin-dbx-crossover.jpg
    Last edited by Baron95; 28-02-16 at 19:01.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Only in America. Estate cars still sell well in other parts of the World.

No matter what you do the SUV/COV cannot be made to drive as well as an equivalent Estate car. Since Americans don't know how to drive, naturally they can't tell the difference.