First impressions after close up look at new F-Pace
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

First impressions after close up look at new F-Pace

The new F-Pace special edition has been on display in Glasgow over the weekend. First impressions, the car looks impressive and much bigger than I expected, albeit it was on the 22" alloys. The special edition blue colour looks great - if only it was available on one of the standard models! As I have mentioned
    elsewhere on the forum about my disappointment with the interior quality (and in my opinion cost cutting versus the old model) of the new XF, I was especially interested in the interior of the F-Pace. Pleased to say I was overall impressed with the interior, with a very solid and quality feel being apparent. (Not sure though if it is up there with the Vovo XC90 interior). Some nice touches, especially with subtle lighting around the cabin, and of course the InControl Pro looked great. Not so sure about the window switches being set 'high' on the door panel and due to the large door size, what appears to be large areas of plastic visible. Two of my 'pet hates' with the new XF have been carried over to the F-Pace, the large (& in the case of the F-Pace, even more so) slab of plastic visible at the rear door floor thresholds (where previously in old XF was carpeted) - visibibly showing significant scratches and scuffs. As for the 'Jaguar' sill plates on these new models - they look like an after thought being small and in no way provide the same impact of the old XF especially when illuminated. However, overall I came away with a very positive impression inside and out, and it is more likely to be the model I will be changing my XF for next July.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Whatever one thinks of the F-Pace, it is likely to instantly become Jaugar's top selling vehicle. If it is not #1, it will be #2.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

I hope you're right Baron as I will probably be looking for a replacement for my xf in a couple of years and the more they sell the more choice I'll have!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I saw the same vehicle at Bluewater shopping center in Kent on Thursday. I agree with most of your comments and it was the special edition models (only a few hundred coming to the UK and all sold) at £65,000! This car was a 3.00 Diesel with a very nice interior which will not be available after the launch model.
    It is either a 3.00 in S trim of if you require the portfolio it is only with the 2.00 engine. Daft!

When the XF was first released the portfolio model was as the name suggests, top of the range, in terms of performance as well as appointments . How can Jaguar justify calling any of their models " portfolio" when they are to be fitted with the bottom of the range engine. They should waken up and revise their model range for the home market , or get rid of the portfolio designation.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by p.greg View Post
    When the XF was first released the portfolio model was as the name suggests, top of the range, in terms of performance as well as appointments . How can Jaguar justify calling any of their models " portfolio" when they are to be fitted with the bottom of the range engine. They should waken up and revise their model range for the home market , or get rid of the portfolio designation.
    i might be wrong but when the XF first came out in 2007/8 the Portfolio was not an option. At the time wasn't it the Premium Luxury that wore the crown ?

In the US, the XF was launched as a MY 2009 with Luxury, Premium Luxury and Supercharged (what you call SV8) trims. All had 4.2L V8 engines standard. All had full leather, navigation, etc standard. The XF-SC had pretty much the entire option list standard with only ACC and heated steering wheel as options.

For the following year, MY2010, the XFR was added and the engine line up was changed from 4.2L V8 to an all 5.0V8. All the other trims remained.

For MY 2011 the portfolio trim was added. And became the top seller in the XF lineup.

For MY 2013 the 2.0 and 3.0 petrol engines were added and AWD became an option on the 3.0 V6 SC. Premium luxury was dropped and Sport trim became an option just like Portfolio.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Has anyone driven an F-Pace yet as I'm wondering what the suspension, handling and off road capabilities are like, I used to have an Outlander and all 3 aspects were poor, the suspension was hard, and the suspension could not get the tyres to grip to the road, and in terms of off-roading the clearance under the car was poor due to the low hanging exhaust. If the F-Pace is the same I suspect many will stick with the XF as most Jag drivers know what they are doing when buying a car.
    Had a 2.2D X-Type for a long time, replaced with a 3.0D XF-S. A keen driver who does plenty of miles, been on various track days including the Nurburg ring. Love Jag's, love driving.