Just got mine and it is so much better - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good points Sam. Regarding the interior quality, my judgement may well have been clouded from my from recollections of Jaguars from the past, where the interiors were really something special, so I suppose I was just expecting more.
    How would you describe the performance of the Supercharged S version, from the reports I have read it does not give the impression of being as fast as it is on paper, possibly because it's quite quiet in the cabin, did you find this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SamS View Post
    JJJag....every article I have read or video review watched on-line has said that from a ride/handling perspective the new XF is the class leader (at least for now......as a new E-class is on the horizon)!!

Elsewhere on this forum many of us have debated that the new XF is not as nice a place to be in as the current XF!! To compete with the competition this unfortunately was inevitable, with in my opinion Jaguar choosing to spend its limited resources on development of the cars aluminium architecture and new tech. Consequently the interior has suffered.

My brother drives a 3 month old E-Class, and another friend has a 7 month old 5 Series and the new XF is as premium a product as they are. My advice is to take a test drive (I have tried the XFS). For me it has lived up to everything I have read and watched.

A 3 month old E-Class is not the car to compare the new XF with. As you mentioned there is a new E-Class on the horizon and my view is if that car follows the MY 2016 C-Class styling and level of interior refinement and luxury the "new" XF will look very basic indeed.

I can forgive anything on an entry level model but when the Portfolio does not provide a memory on at least the drivers seat without paying extra it's the end of the line for me after many loyal years. My wife and I share the driving on very long journeys and this is an essential which will not be available on Company Leased cars. Whatever happened to those surveys asking what customers would like?
    Road holding and cornering is one thing, every day practical driving seems to be bottom of the list, unless of course you are prepared to pay extra for many of the features on the current XF.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

You just have to wait a little. Launch models often test the market pricing by offering a number of options instead of standard features. The factory then issues "packs" combining popular options which can be included on a significant number of cars concurrently, reducing cost to each buyer but increasing margin on those "packs'.

Jaguar is just doing what BMW AUDI and Mercedes have done for years.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

I think a number of the premium brand manufacturers Jaguar and BMW in particular seem to be trying to make their leather look artificial unless you go for Nappa, Mercedes on the other hand are trying, in some cases, to make their artificial leather look real. Audi seem to have a nice consistent quality of leather in the cars I have seen. This is just a general observation not a direct dig at Jaguar.

JJJAG....in answer to your earlier question regarding the performance of the supercharged S, the car is very quick........but you rightly picked up that it doesn't feel so, because of how well insulated the cabin is from the outside world! The same engine fitted to the F Type, sounds and feels much meatier for instance....but then they are aimed at different buyers!!!
    Last edited by SamS; 05-10-15 at 17:15.

2016 XFS, 3.0 S/C Petrol,
    Quartzite, Brogue Interior, 20" Labyrinth Wheels, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, HUD, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated/Cooled Seats, Memory Pack, 825W Meridian InControlTouchPro, Auto Boot, Cooled Glovebox, Surround Cameras.
    Previously: 2015MY PL 3.0DS, Polaris White, Black Interior; 2012MY PL 3.0DS Stratus Grey, Ivory Interior; 2010MY Portfolio 3.0D Vapour Grey, Ivory Interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavingks View Post
    Just took delivery of a new 2.0L Diesel Portfolio in IRR with Latte interior. Stunning!
    The new engine is so good compared with 2.2 it replaces. It feels tighter and more responsive. works so much better with the 8 speed box.
    The ride really is better with a great sense of control and stability.
    The Technology is largely much better and looks much more modern. There are issues and it seems a work in progress. I am still failing to find a clock for the cockpit centre.
    Also lost, to me so far, is the dip passenger mirror for reverse. The manual is so brief as to basically say it can be done.

My disappointment, the electric seats do not come with memories, that was an extra and I did not notice it. this will irritate but I'll get over it.
    I have only done 200 miles so far but so far absolutely delighted I stuck with the brand. I have never bought a car from plan before, so sight or test drive. I felt brave now I feel vindicated
    Thanks Jaguar

I'll keep you posted

Gavin
    Gavin,

Any chance of some photos? I'm particularly interested in seeing the Latte interior as my dealer hasn't got any and choosing between Latte and Jet is the final decision before I place an order!

Cheers,

John