JLR Take Care Please!
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

JLR Take Care Please!

Hi

just drove on the highway to the south in beautiful sunlight!

The XF2 needs important re-design; ref. Pict

all the metal around the knob and below are reflecting heavily the sun if your driving in the right angel to the sun. On the highway I'm driving for a bit in the same direction with the sun blending my eyes, which is very distracting.

I wish this will be taken care of in the new XF2!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MY2012 XF 2.2 Luxury, status grey, dark oak veneerr interior, first seen in Rome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Didn't I see an option to cover the gear control with leather which no doubt resolve the issue

Indeed, the top cover of the now famous, and copied, rotary knob is chromed plastic. Other caps are available including black leather.

I must say say I have not noticed the dazzle reported here. I am always wearing polarized sunglasses when driving in sunlight.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    Indeed, the top cover of the now famous, and copied, rotary knob is chromed plastic. Other caps are available including black leather.

I must say say I have not noticed the dazzle reported here. I am always wearing polarized sunglasses when driving in sunlight.
    Having a non mirroring dazzle helps, although the surroundings are blending me as well and yes I'm blue eyed and sensible to intense light.
    waearing sun glasses is a good idea, but if part of the system in the U.S. they would write onto the wind shield attention this car can only be driven with sunglasses in sunlight!
    MY2012 XF 2.2 Luxury, status grey, dark oak veneerr interior, first seen in Rome

I drive at elevations exceeding 1,000 m and one finds wearing sunglasses a necessity. I have noticed that I can use sunglasses less frequently when I am driving closer to sea level. Also, for much of my driving year there is snow around and sunglasses are essential. A warning message isn't necessary

I changed out the glossy walnut instrument panel facing on my SAAB Aero for the standard matt black plastic for just the reason you describe. Reflections into the driver's eyes are dangerous even at night when the light level is low. I also opted for satin finished wood trim in my newer XF and find it reflects much less light.

Chromed plastic inside the car is a nuisance. You will be pleased to hear that changing your shifter knob cap is easy and relatively cheap. The black top is readily available in leather and I think "rubber".
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal