The decision making just became a whole lot more complicated
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

The decision making just became a whole lot more complicated

That new XF is a stunner. It had to be to replace the original and Jaguar succeeded.

Now I need to see one of each: XE and XF in the flesh in order to have any chance of making up my mind.

What I like best is the new XF takes the themes from the original and once again pushes the styling into the future.

One piece of software I like is the "guidance" system which is to allow pre-programming on your phone which then transfers to the car. You can then preprogram a car and pedestrian combined journey in one step.

Also, the screen is to show street view as well as the Satnav info.
    Last edited by jagular; 29-03-15 at 17:10.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post

Now I need to see one of each: XE and XF in the flesh in order to have any chance of making up my mind.

What I like best is the new XF takes the themes from the original and once again pushes the styling I yo the future.

One piece of software I like is the "guidance" system which is to allow pre-programming on your phone which then transfers to the car. You can then preprogram a car and pedestrian combined journey in one step.

Yes its clearly still an XF which I like, and all the modern tech is going to make it a proper contender in the market.

Both XE and new XF look great but for me if I still was up for a bigger car , the XF proportions (particularly the back end) look better. Add to that the interior which looks a better overall design, and that lovely big screen - I know where I'd put my money (if I had any for such an investment!)

Cannot wait to see more details and for the configurator to eventually come on line! Sad I can only window shop. Where can I buy a lottery ticket?

Good luck with your selection Jagular! (Might we complicate it further with an F-Pace?)
    Ex 2009 XF 3.0D Vapour Grey, Luxury ,Barley Interior now 2014 Seat Leon

If I needed a truck I'd buy a Ford F-150 Raptor....now that's a truck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

If I needed a truck I'd buy a Ford F-150 Raptor....now that's a truck.
    In Texas that's a toy, you need the F450
    2013 XFR, IRR with ivory, rear camera, voice, TPMS, adaptive lights.
    Previously 2008 Botanical Green SV8[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by starkgr View Post
    In Texas that's a toy, you need the F450
    we wuz talkin' 'bout n SUV....

You are correct a half ton is just a car round here, Texas North (direct flights to Houston are easy to book here). Anyone with serious trucking to do buys a dually, an F250 at least, or F350 if you don't want to pay to have your F250 made to look like a F350. Gun racks are pretty popular options here.
    Last edited by jagular; 31-03-15 at 00:43.

That new XF is a stunner. It had to be to replace the original and Jaguar succeeded.

What I like best is the new XF takes the themes from the original and once again pushes the styling I yo the future.

Completely agree Jagular.. the new system with the 10" screen looks awesome.. Might come back to Jaguar brand sooner than expected..
    XJ 3.0 Portfolio SWB in Caviar with cashew leather interior and truffle facia and with massager seats, entertainment pack, BSM and sports pack, JAGUAR AT IT'S BEST

Prev - XF 3.0 D S PL, Lunar Grey with Sunroof, Xenon and B&W system...SIMPLY FANTASTIC.....

Agree that the configurator needs to be up before making any decisions. Don't want to go for a portfolio/ S to find you have to pay extra for heated screens and folding mirrors!