The new XF has been revealed - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did not think a 3.00D engine was available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

XES and base XF will likely cross price levels for the reasons identified by other posters.

In a way this returns Jaguar to the pre XJ series 1 marketing plan. A jaguar for everyone provided you can afford the cheapest one.

The Mark 1/2 came with a 2.4 version of the 3.4 six to make it affordable even though the smaller engune must have cost the same to build as the two larger versions.

The XE is the new Mark 2, the XF is the S, or perhaps the 420, and the XJ is the Mark X.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

I didn't think the 3D V6 was staying either but Autocar say the following:

"Built around the company’s latest aluminium architecture, which it shares with the XE, the Mk2 XF is powered by Jaguar Land Rover’s all-new 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, as well as a twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre diesel V6 and a supercharged 3.0-litre petrol V6."

The full atricle is here:
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...es-and-details

Current: 62 plate MY2013, Crystal Blue, Portfolio, 3.0D S 271 BHP with 20" Hydra wheels and nearly all the toys (19" wheels fitted with Michelin Super Sports in the shed)

Previous much loved
    : 59 plate MY2010, Liquid Silver, Premium Luxury, 3.0D 240 BHP with rear parking camera and forum stickers