XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time was when the price difference between four star petrol and diesel was quite wide.
Today I noticed a service station offering 4 Star at 99.99 / litre and diesel was being offered at 103.99 :eek:
So is this a widespread pratice :?: How long before parity is achieved, if that is the objective :?:

·
Registered
171 Posts
We had parity last year. The gap is opening up round here and is now 12p/ltr

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are about 7 to 10p more for diesel in my locale

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great news for those on unleaded now waiting for delivery of a Diesel!! I agree. Here the difference is down to 4p a litre from 12p 3 months ago

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know that no-one has posted here for a while but when I saw it I just had to say that I havn't seen a 4 Star pump for years - honestly! :?

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting that you should post just now Tom because I noticed only yesterday that we have reached parity :!:
Sainsbury's of Biggleswade, just off the A1 in Bedfordshire are offering all fuels except the very posh one at 99.99p / litre, beat that :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Same in Aberdeen last week. Shell Bridge of Don was 99.9p for both unleaded and diesel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bet you the secret goal is parity of mpg.
You pay more for dielsel because you use less!
So, current proximity probably temporary

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, but what was the difference between that and other fuels, the subject of this topic :?: :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just come back from 2 weeks in Jeddah (where i'll be moving to later this year for 3 years) 95 unleaded equivalent of 6.5p per litre.

Now for that SV8!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Filled up this morning at my local Esso garage and virtual parity there - 99.9 for unleaded and 100.9 for diesel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts