XF 2 "spy shots" including interior! Autocar - Page 3
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    ... On the other hand, if Jaguar where to announce the replacement of the XF very early, a lot of costumers might postpone getting a new XF, and the sale of the XF would plummet.
    We already talked about a "new" XF coming in 2015/16 quite a while ago ... your statement explains why I´m currently on the dark side

Used to be: ... currently on the dark side

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheGerman View Post
    We already talked about a "new" XF coming in 2015/16 quite a while ago ... your statement explains why I´m currently on the dark side
    Yes, it has been mentioned here, but not with any details. And as far as I know, Jaguar hasn't said anything about it, unlike the XE and the F-Pace. When a car like the XF has been in production since 2008, it is not hard to figure out, that a new model is due one of these years. A lifespan of eight years is actually rather long for a car these days. When I was a child back in the seventies, European car models normally lasted eight years before being replaced by a new model. Then came the Japanese, and their car models lasted six years. That often made the European competitors look like old models, since the Japanese had just released a new one. Since then European cars have started to have shorter model lifes as well. I hope I use the right expressions in English. Perhaps I'm translating to litterally from Danish.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

If all new models (XE, XF 2, F Pace) are built on the new platform, where Jaguar has got some experience by now, then the missing piece is the engine…

I don't know how many engines can be delivered by the new factory, but they should be able outnumber the cars sold rather fast. Bringing all those models fast seems a good thing to me
    MY2012 XF 2.2 Luxury, status grey, dark oak veneerr interior, first seen in Rome

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Technically, the XF dates back to the first new gen S Type, so is much, much older than 2008. This makes the new gen XF the most important Jaguar ever launched.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Looks very impressive, front will be very xj like by the looks of it,[ updated version of course]. all good.