XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove down to almeria, spain and back to kent, a round trip of 3000 miles. At a constant speed of 80 mph and at an average of 62 miles an hour, 39.5 miles to a gallon and 615 miles to a tank of fuel. what a car, never have i had a return of figures like that on that journey. I know the route, but used sat nav, it got confused with road works and heavy traffic once in a while but didnt deviate from the route apart from offering me the choice to do so. the car was very quiet , very responsive and very comfortable, and made it a very enjoyable trip. the car got a lot of admiring looks and even a few thumbs up, especially in Spain. :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like one long drive. I am assuming you were in a diesel! If not then I want to know what you were putting in it!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has got the 4.2 engine, non-supercharged, the consumption it is achieving, and their opinion on it.

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
tonys xf said:
drove down to almeria, spain and back to kent, a round trip of 3000 miles. At a constant speed of 80 mph and at an average of 62 miles an hour, 39.5 miles to a gallon and 615 miles to a tank of fuel. what a car, never have i had a return of figures like that on that journey. I know the route, but used sat nav, it got confused with road works and heavy traffic once in a while but didnt deviate from the route apart from offering me the choice to do so. the car was very quiet , very responsive and very comfortable, and made it a very enjoyable trip. the car got a lot of admiring looks and even a few thumbs up, especially in Spain. :D
Great story; sounds as if it was a really excellent trip. I imagine that you had a deal of luggage on board and perhaps a passenger or two. Without either it would be a very economical drive :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts