XF Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have to fir 3 kids in their XF? I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn. I can fit them in, just, but not very convinient with our current child car seats. I will be tryig some options over the next few days and wondered if anyone had any advice. My guess is that very few people here will have this problem! I do think, though, that it is good for kids to grow up experiencing proper cars rather that always putting up with mum-mobiles (my wife has a Volvo!)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
zikomo said:
Does anyone else have to fir 3 kids in their XF? I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn. I can fit them in, just, but not very convinient with our current child car seats. I will be tryig some options over the next few days and wondered if anyone had any advice. My guess is that very few people here will have this problem! I do think, though, that it is good for kids to grow up experiencing proper cars rather that always putting up with mum-mobiles (my wife has a Volvo!)
I am past the stage of carrying small persons in my car but I understand that the XF has three ISOfix child seat fixing points in the rear and that the ISOfix seats, which I have to say I have never seen, have provided the solution for many people. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wow, suggesting that in some way it is 'good' for kids to experinence a 'proper' car (which a Volvo apparently isn't!), must be one of the worst excuses ever given by one of us for forging ahead regardless and buying exactly what we were going to anyway :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife wanted me to go for a Volvo rather than the XF but fortunately on the day we went round all the garages they Volvo garage didn't have the right car in so we couldn't see it!

So we just had to settle on the XF :D , what a shame!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Waylon said:
My wife wanted me to go for a Volvo rather than the XF but fortunately on the day we went round all the garages they Volvo garage didn't have the right car in so we couldn't see it!

So we just had to settle on the XF :D , what a shame!
It's for sure they never will have now ;) :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello :)

I regularly have 3 kids in the back too, all with child seats (mine are 6 1/2, 4 and 6 months).

There are ISOFIX mounts on the two outside seats (but not the middle), which I don't use as our child seats are older and don't have them... I have to say I got an odd look from the salesman when I told him I needed to come and put the 3 seats in the car, and if they didn't fit then I wouldn't waste his time with a test drive!

We bought a Graco (can't remember the exact model) for the eldest, who sits in the middle, as it is a couple of inches narrower then most. They now all fit pretty easily, although attaching the seatbelt on the middle one is a bit of a faff... will be much easier when youngest moves into a forward facing seat.

My boys get alot of value from their old man's XF... although I wish the eldest hadn't bragged that it "cost more than a house", which he got from me explaining why I wasn't going to get a Bugatti Veyron...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info - I have ended up with the same situation, although I still think there is a better combination out there.

Interesting that here are so few people with small children on here. The XF is supposed to attract exactly this demographic (high income, 30-45 years old). I have always been a Jag man, but have always been in the minority amongst my peers - they all seem to go for BMW (boy done good and needs to show it), Mercedes (dull) or Volvo (sensible).

Like the point about the cost of a house!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
zikomo said:
Thanks for the info - I have ended up with the same situation, although I still think there is a better combination out there.

Interesting that here are so few people with small children on here. The XF is supposed to attract exactly this demographic (high income, 30-45 years old). I have always been a Jag man, but have always been in the minority amongst my peers - they all seem to go for BMW (boy done good and needs to show it), Mercedes (dull) or Volvo (sensible).

Like the point about the cost of a house!
A poll of, or about to be, owners of XF's was conducted and the age profile was seen as:

20-29 14 (9.1%)
30-39 46 (29.9%)
40-49 61 (39.6%)

50-59 25 (16.2%)
Old Gits (60+) 8 (5.2%)

Total Voters: 151
Draw you own conclusions but I suspect that Jaguar will not be unhappy with the progress that has been made to sell to their target market.

In another poll I saw it was plain that the number of BMW and Mercedes owners buying the XF far outweighed previous Jaguar owners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's very interesting, I fall exactly in to their demographic, 44 years old with 3 kids, except that my kids are 19, 15 and 13 so no kiddy seats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, me too. 43 with two kids, 11 and 8 years. I have to say that the sporty look with 4 doors was the winner for me. I looked at Audi, Merc and BMW and could only really get the similar lines if I compromised on a 2 door coupe (which is not really a practicle option). So Jag got it just right for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very Interesting Stats. Weird...as I am also 44 with 3 kids 11,9 and 2. Picking the XF up on Weds or Thurs of next week.
So 80% of XF owners are under 50....cool; and loads of us are 43 or 44 with 3 kids ...lol.
Has anyone got the jag child seat? Is it any better/smaller than a standard one?
I will defo get the mothercare mats.
I need to sort something out for the 2 year old.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
wru-xf said:
Very Interesting Stats. Weird...as I am also 44 with 3 kids 11,9 and 2. Picking the XF up on Weds or Thurs of next week.
So 80% of XF owners are under 50....cool; and loads of us are 43 or 44 with 3 kids ...lol.
Has anyone got the jag child seat? Is it any better/smaller than a standard one?
I will defo get the mothercare mats.
I need to sort something out for the 2 year old.
I wonder what our survey would show today; it is quite a while since its last outing :lol: Age of Jaguar buyer today

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm 38 with two kids - 7 and 10 (unusual names I know!).

·
Registered
43 Posts
You've got 6 years to make the "44 with 3 kids club" then Growler ;-). Think of the names that are still out there....you could have 1 2 3 4 5 or even 6.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm also 38 but mine are 3 and 6 so those names are taken!
No plans for a third - don't want to reduce my power to weight ratio any more than I have too :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
very similar to me....44 yrs...with one 14 yr old daughter. (not really a kid anymore)!

had tried the new Audi A5 sportback.....but was too low lying...and rear window felt like looking through an Easyjet window!

I am so looking forward to get my XF in Jan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, does anyone know if there is anything special I have to do to attach ISOFIX bases to the rear outside seats in an XF? Rather embarrassingly I couldn't fit the baby seats and gave up after 5 mins and took out the wifes car which its much easier to fit the bases...(also has more room for the absolutely huge twin tandem pushchair).

I have fitted the bases to many other cars without any problem (Toyota, VWs) - just a hefty shove in the gap where the back meets the bottom bit (no technical terms here!), but with my XFR I couldn't work out how.

I do have "child seat" labels, but sticking my fingers between the laether I can't feel the horizontal bar that the ISOFIX base arms are supposed to hook onto - am I doing something wrong?

S

·
0 Posts
wru-xf said:
You've got 6 years to make the "44 with 3 kids club" then Growler ;-). Think of the names that are still out there....you could have 1 2 3 4 5 or even 6.
My 23 year old is known as 666!!! The XF is known as Damian and proudly wears my son's alias on it's plate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh I easily get 3 kids (with their seats) in the back of ours, no problem and if the little buggers should fall out it's their fault as they should have been hanging on harder :mrgreen:
Oh yes, they are grandkids and I'm fifty bloody nine :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts