XF Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finaly bought an XF after looking for about 5 months. It is a 3.0D S PL (pre facelift). Having tested a number of cars I was convinced the ride on the 20s is degraded too much and asked them to swap the wheels to 19s, which they duly did. I believe the compromise between ride and handling is well judged, I know it is still firm, but it seems very well damped. The 19s for me are as big as the wheels should go though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Jaguar xf

I've been on this forum for a while, prior to getting an XF. But affter about 5 months of looking for thr right one, I have now taken delivery. It has taken a while... but finally made it!

G

·
Hi welcome and congratulations! I agree with you on the wheels as I run 18s in winter and 20s in summer - 19s are probably the sweet spot and a good choice. Enjoy!

G

·
Very nice. 100% agree re the rims. I run 20" but coming from an X5 and also having a Z4 the ride is perfectly acceptable to me with a preference for harder more sporty.

The 20's do take it beyond the comfort range of the Jag suspension though and agree with the 19" as a good compromise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I swapped a BMW 325i coupe m sport for an XF with 20 inch Volans. I have to say that I am now floating on air. It is a great ride that does not disappoint me at all

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few days and a few miles in, here are some initial thoughts...

The driving experience is excellent, the engine is responsive with bags of power in reserve. I have never driven an automatic where the gear box is so well judged. No hesitation, never in the wrong gear. The ride is pretty good too, no complaints on that front but I am glad I swapped to the 19s (caravela) as I think it actually looks better also.

The 320w stereo is great, I was holding out for the 440 but dont think I am missing out. It dosen't have the ipod connection but it dosen't bother me too much.

The interior and comform are first class also, the touch screen is intuitive and easy to use, although the sat nav disc seems a little out of date (I live in a field apparently).

I've managed a variance of 23 mpg one morning on some A roads, and 44 later that day travelling in a more sedate fashion.

So far, I think very highly of this car.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Great looking car and a great day to have taken it out cjc1971 - bright blue sky ... is that anywhere near Edinburgh? Over here we are told it´s always raining in your neck of the woods :D:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep

it's to the east of Edinburgh, that hill in the back ground is next to North Berwick. And yes it is 'mostly' raining in my neck of the woods..... but today the blue sky is genuine, although it may have been enhanced slightly with a polarizing filter ;)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
A while ago I spend a week in Edinburgh and was lucky enough to have a few of those blue-sky-days too .... beautiful, I enjoyed it VERY much ... especially a little local golfcourse located on a hill overlooking Edinburg ... would love to go back there again ... Maybe in my XF (now, that might be the excuse I needed) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have finaly bought an XF after looking for about 5 months. It is a 3.0D S PL (pre facelift). Having tested a number of cars I was convinced the ride on the 20s is degraded too much and asked them to swap the wheels to 19s, which they duly did. I believe the compromise between ride and handling is well judged, I know it is still firm, but it seems very well damped. The 19s for me are as big as the wheels should go though.
Defiantly have the 20’s! I’m on 20’s on my XFS & it’s a great ride & well balanced! I also love the look of it too!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts