Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Sample XF GAP insurance prices + Forum members save 10%
As a new sponsor of the forum, I wanted to give you an idea of our prices for Invoice & Replacement GAP insurance.
I've taken a sample of what I believe are the OTR prices for a number of XF's and listed below our prices for GAP insurance on those vehicles.
Let me know how they compare to Jaguar dealer quotes and of course if you have any questions about GAP insurance in general, please do not hesitate to get in touch either here or via [email protected] or on 01943 850999
|XF 2.2 Diesel Premium Luxury 163PS
|XF 3.0 V6 Diesel Portfolio 240PS
|XF 5.0 V8 Petrol S/C XFR 510PS
|XF Sportbrake R-S 5.0 V8 Petrol SC 550PS
* The price displayed is the one-off all-inclusive premium for the entire 3 year policy duration.
** The "Claim Limit" refers to the most that our policy would pay out, in addition to the sum received from your Motor Insurer, towards some or all of the "gap" as outlined above.
The above prices are correct as of the date & time of this post. We review prices continually therefore they are subject to change, without notice. You can check our live prices at any time via www.GapInsurance.co.uk.
XFForum.co.uk forum members will be provided a 10% discount off our full retail prices. Please contact us on 01943 850999 or [email protected] for more info.
What is Invoice GAP insurance?
In the event of your vehicle being declared a Total Loss through accident, fire, or theft, Invoice GAP insurance pays the difference between your Motor Insurance payout and the greater of either the original price you bought the car for OR (if applicable) the amount outstanding on finance at the time of claim.
What is Replacement GAP insurance?
Replacement GAP insurance is superior still, in so much that in relation to a brand new vehicle, it pays the difference between your Motor Insurance payout and what it would cost at the time of claim to replace your vehicle with a brand new version of the same (or nearest equivalent) vehicle - even if that replacement vehicle costs more than you bought the vehicle for first time around.
At the time of purchasing the GAP insurance policy your vehicle must be less than 10yrs old (Invoice GAP insurance) or 180 days old (Replacement GAP insurance). In relation to Invoice GAP insurance you also need to have purchased (taken delivery of) the vehicle no more than 180 days ago. The vehicle must have been purchased for less than £125k and must be insured on a Comprehensive basis.
We can provide policies with claim limit of up to £125k for durations of up to 5 years and if your motor insurer covers you on a new-for-old basis during the first 12 months, you can elect to have our policy start when the vehicle is 12 months old in order to avoid duplicate cover (5 year policies cannot be deferred).
- TRANSFER: If you sell your vehicle before the policy expires, you can transfer the remaining balance (financial) of your policy forward against the cost of a new policy on a new vehicle, with no cancellation or transfer fees.
- CANCELLATION & REFUNDS: Cancel your policy within the first 30 days and you'll receive a full refund. Cancel your policy after 30 days and claim a refund of unused premium (less a £40 cancellation fee)
- CASH PAYOUTS: Subject to the settlement of any finance agreement secured on the vehicle, our policies pay out in cash to the policyholder, leaving them free to purchase any vehicle from any dealership of their choice.
- GREAT VALUE: Our prices are not only up to 85% cheaper than GAP insurance offered by Motor Dealers, but our policies are superior too with longer durations and higher claim limits available too.
- NO MARKET VALUE CLAUSES: We won't penalise you if you bought your vehicle for more than what Glass' Guide said it was worth at the time you bought it. Neither will we penalise you if your Motor Insurer pays out less than what Glass' Guide say your vehicle is worth at the time of loss.
- DEFERRED START DATES: If your Motor Insurance covers you on a New-For-Old and (once you've checked it out) you're satisfied that it covers you suitably during that first year, you still have to buy our policy within 365 days of taking ownership of the vehicle, but you can elect to have it start when the vehicle reaches 12 months old - at no extra cost!
For more information about us or our policies, please visit: www.gapinsurance.co.uk
Thank you for reading and if you have any questions about GAP insurance, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Last edited by GAPInsure; 14-05-15 at 13:30.