XF Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just changed the pads and discs on a 3.0 XFS 2018 MY , and partially the rear wear sensor, I say partially as I have fitted it to the pad etc and followed the route replacing old with new but it disappears right behind the suspension where I cannot reach!

I know the last two clips and cable connector are just there but I cannot for the life of me access them, there doesn't appear to be any panels to remove to gain access other than via the boot, but that looks like a whole assortment of bits which doesn't look to be in the right place.

Does anyone know where the access point is?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
i have the same in 2017 xe, it disappears behind suspension and goes in the middle of the rear axle somewhere - was advised access will be from the bottom, so jack car up and dive in...if you can access from the boot, that would be great. i'll check mine, but don't think i can get there from the boot:unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, for info, you access it around the axle members, the cable goes in via the front (RHS as you look into the wheel arch), but you need to follow the cable with your right hand whilst inserting your hand from the rear (LHS as you look into the wheel arch) {that all sounds ruder than it should!} - if you can move your hands together, then pick the cable up with your left hand - then follow it to the connector.

You have to work blind, by feel alone and unplug the connector with your left hand only then pull the clips holding the cable in place, as they say in the books "reassembly is the reverse of disassembly!"

I had the axle on axle stands and this made it unreachable, lifting the vehicle on the jack (on the body) allows the suspension to drop down a bit, and that gives just enough room.

It was more awkward than it sounds!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts