XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting at 2016 facelift XF and trying to decide between the R Sport and the Portfolio.

What are the main differences between the 2? are the extras worth the trade off in drive for the Portfolio?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I am looking at getting at 2016 facelift XF and trying to decide between the R Sport and the Portfolio.

What are the main differences between the 2? are the extras worth the trade off in drive for the Portfolio?
Having owned a Portfolio, I'd recommend going for the R Sport, mostly for the seats (better support), the black trim (looks better, less blingy), and the better looking 19" wheels. Other than that it is very much similarly equipped to the Portfolio.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Think I prefer the R Sport as well. I will be looking a face lift R Sport 2016- when I change my 2914 R Sport soon. Prob look for something 2016- march 2017 so I escape the silly road tax hike here in the UK for vehicles registered as new from 1/4/17 costing over 40k I think it was.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My vote would be for the Portfolio. I like a bit of chrome on my cars and have never liked having all the brightworked turned into black. I don't know exactly what the spec differences are between the R Sport and Portfolio, but would have expected the Portfolio to prioritise comfort features (more lectric seat adjusments, etc) and the R Sport to forego these things for black trim, firmer seats, etc. But like I say, I've not driven the R Sport so don't know, really.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 2016 Portfolio because of the kit I wanted the Meridian stereo, heated & cooled seats and it had 20” wheels all in the budget I had (I even think it looks better without the sport body kit) Normal driving especially on the 20’s ride is controlled and rides really well but push on and the car can feel wallowy really quickly.... Any ideas on a sport spec suspension would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts

I believe the sport has the 380hp engine and some extra packages. The portfolio is the mid level 340hp engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts