XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Anyone have any idea on why my gear selector lights above the selector dial on my XF would suddenly all light up whilst driving? I haven't been able to find anything on searching the net regarding this. I also think I may (and I am not sure) have some very slight slipping on deceleration or slow acceleration (and it seems to be barely noticeable) . So far, there are no error codes or warnings being displayed.

Also, is there a low transmission fluid warning of any sort since there are no dipsticks to check fluid levels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I bought a Landrover/Jaguar specific iCarsoft LR V2.0 and extracted the following fault codes:
P0814 Transmission range display circuit
U0101 Lost communication with transmission control unit
U0402 Invalid data received from transmission control unit
U0415 Invalid data received from ABS control unit
B1086 Air distribution damper motor

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? To me, it looks like I need to replace the transmission control unit (I am assuming this is actually the gear dial selector module?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Replacing the gear selector module with a new one this weekend, this should resolve the gear selector lights and the U0101, U0402 error codes.

I have cleared all the error codes and will give the car a good run to see if any of the error codes return.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, after replacing the gear selector module a month or so ago, issue has not returned nor the error codes, so all good now.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm glad to hear. Looking at this discussion, you seem to manage without outside help. I have no idea how to repair cars, so I couldn't have helped you, when you originally asked your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts