XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All

I'm picking up my new (to me) XF next weekend and I'm getting on with buying everything I'll need.

I want a detachable towbar so an to not ruin the looks of the car, anyone got any recommendations before I buy an O.E one? I'll be fitting it myself.

Next thing, I want some rear window blinds so the little one doesn't have the sun in his eyes, on my S60 I managed to buy O.E retractable door blinds which were very good, do Jaguar offer these at all as an accessory as I can't find any?

Cheers in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, they look decent, shame the rear is in 2 pieces, does it block central vision out of the rear where they join?

·
Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, will get the side ones, the rear one would annoy me too much and we don't really need that one tbh.

Great for the price aren't they!

·
Registered
212 Posts
With regards to the towbar, I had a Witter detachable towbar fitted to my earlier model XF. The guy that fitted it and I had a conversation about making it look as invisible as possible and I subsequently agreed that he remove a very small section out of the bumper. The removed section wasn't visible unless you got down on your hands and knees to look, but I guess my fitter thought it essential for correct fitting.
He also fitted the electrical socket (I only had one socket) so that it was hidded, tucked away behind the bumper until required. I used to simply reach up behind the bumper and the plug would swivel down into place. As I said, when detached, It was almost impossible to see any of this.

·
Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With regards to the towbar, I had a Witter detachable towbar fitted to my earlier model XF. The guy that fitted it and I had a conversation about making it look as invisible as possible and I subsequently agreed that he remove a very small section out of the bumper. The removed section wasn't visible unless you got down on your hands and knees to look, but I guess my fitter thought it essential for correct fitting.
He also fitted the electrical socket (I only had one socket) so that it was hidded, tucked away behind the bumper until required. I used to simply reach up behind the bumper and the plug would swivel down into place. As I said, when detached, It was almost impossible to see any of this.
My only possible issue with doing that is that mine is an S with a rear diffuser a la XFR so I'm not sure if that's possible?

I'll get it on a ramp and have a look 👍

·
Registered
248 Posts
obviously you can see that joint, but its not an issue (for me at least), will do some pics tomorrow
I have the same ones (from a different dealer, about same cost), have had them since 2011. No problems.
Cheers
Per

Reactions: Bik3rz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts