XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2011 XF V8 Petrol and a casual acquaintance mentioned in passing that the V8's are a "nightmare." He wouldn't elaborate and suggested, instead, that I look at the 4 cylinders. I don't put a lot of weight into what he said (although he may be right) so I thought I'd check here and see what you all think...

Are the V8 Petrol engines demonstrably more unreliable/ costly/ difficult to work on?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have a 2009 4.2 V8. I don't think, it has given me any trouble. It is also my impression from others, that the V8's are rather dependable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 XF Portfolio with a 5.0 V8 and 82,000 miles and she still runs smooth as silk. Water pump replaced at about 60,000 under warranty. And a front right wheel speed sensor around 70,000 miles.

Other than that, just tires and normal maintenance.

Picked it up with 50,000 miles and a 100,000 mile warranty. Happy I did. 😀

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2011 XF V8 Petrol and a casual acquaintance mentioned in passing that the V8's are a "nightmare." He wouldn't elaborate and suggested, instead, that I look at the 4 cylinders. I don't put a lot of weight into what he said (although he may be right) so I thought I'd check here and see what you all think...

Are the V8 Petrol engines demonstrably more unreliable/ costly/ difficult to work on?
My 2008 SV8 has done 125k without any engine problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2010 XF 5.0 is pushing 135,000 and no engine problems at all. I keep it routinely serviced ONLY by a dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts