XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have 2.7d xf with 18" wheels and i am wondering if there is any reason why i cant fit 20" ? thanks niall.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Apart from the matter of ride comfort, which is subject to personal tastes, there isn't any technical reason why 20" rims cannot be fitted onto your car.

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
niall.laird said:
great news thanks :) guess i will put up with feeling a few more bumps but hopefully 20" will look the part.
Which do you have at present and what will you do with them :?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
currently got cygnus 18" on, i will change to 20" in next few weeks and prob hold on to cygnus and put them back on when i trade-in car and then sell bigger set or hopefully put on next xf.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Testers often praise the ride qualities of the supercharged XF on 20" rims, saying how supple and great the car rides on different surfaces. One has to bear in the mind that CATS - which is available ONLY on the SV8 - make changes to damper to suit, amongst other things, road surfaces.

More 'pedestrian' XFs don't have CATS, not even as an option. The ride with steel springs and 'regular' dampers will not be as refined, pliant, 'nice'. Of course, it's a matter of preference or tolerance.

You may want to see if there's a dealer who'd be willing to experiment for you by fitting the 20" onto your car or a similar XF for a test drive before you commit your£elf to a set.

I have Cygnus on Gabi and I like them as they are. They are a fair compromise between performance and comfort although there are situations where I go slower than normal for comfort's sake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jaguar are now selling the Selena as standard 20" fitment on the XF non SV8 models.

Mike Cross also has them on his XF which he drives every day (well I see him drive by often as he lives in same town as me).

This suggests to me they must actually be pretty good.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah they will be fine but the ride will be a little harder but nothin compared to say an Audi S-line. All I would say is check that they have the same rolling radius before you fit because if they dont then you will need your speedo recalibrating as it would probably end up under-reading and you might get fined for speeding you dont realise your doing

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
craig said:
Yeah they will be fine but the ride will be a little harder but nothin compared to say an Audi S-line. All I would say is check that they have the same rolling radius before you fit because if they dont then you will need your speedo recalibrating as it would probably end up under-reading and you might get fined for speeding you dont realise your doing
How interesting, few people would ever think of that Craig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts