XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery second week in September of a 2.7d PL in botanical green with options B&W sound, Sunroof, 20" Selina wheels, Xenons, rear boot lip spoiler & chrome side vents. As you can imagine the car looks amazing BUT I have now been back to the dealers with various faults 8 times now and I now want nothing to do with it.
The faults are
Within a day the drivers door rattled, the sunroof rattled, the near side chrome vent started to unclip its self. I also noticed that the dealers body shop had not fully painted the spoiler underneath by the leaper. I only noticed this because the day after picking up the car I was in La Rochelle for a week & the sun was out shining (unlike here this year)& when I opened the boot the direct sunlight highlighted a lack of paint.
So when I returned to the UK in it went & these faults were looked at. When I picked the car up the spoiler had been repainted, the chrome vent was back in place & the rattles from the doors & sunroof were meant to have been sorted but after driving it up the road the rattles were still there. So I went back the following day & was told the sunroof needed newly designed clips, these would be down from Jag within two weeks.
In that time the passenger door started to rattle & I noticed the front cup holder burr walnut cover had started to crack in one corner.
I then dropped car off for two days & when I picked it up the passenger door would still rattle & the sunroof was worse.

The dealer is now having the car back again to take head lining off to try & sort the sunroof rattle. I also have a stupid Sat Nav that takes me off a motorway junction only to take me back on the Mway the other side of the junction. It also wants to take me 160 miles out of my way for a direct route the Factory fit Sat Nav in my ST220 Mondeo easily deals with. Finally today I about to fill up & you guesses it the filler flap would not open.I was only 3 miles from dealers so off I went again. They are going to replace the whole filler unit. I have owned two xtypes before the XF & did 70000miles with no issues. Oh yes do you all find the seats offer no support & have a lack of adjustment?

I have spoken to Jag Customer service today & im about to reject this car as its just poorly made. Sorry if this upsets some of you guys but i have driven nearly 300miles to & from dealers to try & get a £43000 car to be of a standard that justifies the price

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma said:
Apologies, I underestimated the depreciation. I've now been offered just £26K for my car. That's £14K depreciation in 6 months. Not good. :(

Most Jag dealers are not interested in buying back your XF as they are already overstocked. This is proving to be a media-hyped purchase. Now that the bubble has burst on the 'high-residual' XF, the reality is beginning to hit home.
As buyers dry up depreciation will get worse and no class of car will be exempt, but I planned to keep my car for three to five years anyway. At my stage of life I found it hard to justify the purchase of a new car like the XF anyway. On the positive side there are bargains to be if you want an R8, Aston Martin V8 Vantage or a Ferrari 430. I wonder how long it will be before the price of a 5000 mile R8 drops to 45K. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To add to my original post more issues occured this weekend on a drive up to London.

The gear selector was put into drive once the car was started & the red gear selector light flashed & the car would not move. I then had to turn engine off & restart which cured the problem, this happened three times.

Again the Sat Navs logic was some what lacking. It tried to take me off the Chippenham junction on M4 & put me back on the other side. On my return to Weston Super Mare the route it showed was not direct to my home. To be honest I dont really use the Nav unless im in Europe but I put it on now just to see how poor it is compared to the system fitted to my other car.

The sound system suddenly stopped paying music out of the right side, this happened the same time the navigation screen locked up & when I went to change temp on climate control the small sub screen showing temp didnt display. again this was cured when I stopped at Membury services.

This is now becoming a joke so it will be going in on Thursday & if one this is still not working as it should then the car will be rejected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car has now been back in again to have the various points looked at. They are now going to fit a complete new sunroof unit because they could not stop the rattling. This will mean taking all the head lining out & I bet once this is all fitted back there will be more issues with fit and finish.

They said the sat nav is as it should be & they are unaware of problems with the logic.

They are now giving out Dodge Avengers in bright orange/red as load cars which is somewhat strange.

Going back to the sunroof when they fit the new one this will be the third time they have tried to rectify this issue & as I know it will still be rattling when it comes back I WILL BE REJECTING THIS POOR car under the sales of goods act & i can see that being fun with this dealership

Now that Ford have sold Jag I hope they are not returning to the old ways regarding poor build/reliability & they become our version of Alfa Romeo where they make stunning cars but you buy them with your heart & not your head

1 - 6 of 6 Posts