XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
garyxf said:
Pick it up on friday 14:00 hrs. Do you want it in seconds an minutes.

gary
I can't see what it is you are waiting for Gary, which colour and so on is it going to be :?:

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
garyxf said:
pekem said:
garyxf said:
Pick it up on friday 14:00 hrs. Do you want it in seconds an minutes.

gary
I can't see what it is you are waiting for Gary, which colour and so on is it going to be :?:
2.7 PL silver/black

gary
Excellent, you are going to have such a day on Friday. Just remember to take a camera with you, even if its your phone :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its getting closer, shame is its a long trip by coach (wife hates trains/tube) 7hr journey, 4 hours coming back. Start at 05:45 in the morning.

gary

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
garyxf said:
Its getting closer, shame is its a long trip by coach (wife hates trains/tube) 7hr journey, 4 hours coming back. Start at 05:45 in the morning.

gary
You really need to stop being negative, think about the journey in the manner of an explorer searching for a lost land or a builder starting out with the footings of Stately Home, the sense of pleasure and satisfaction when you are handed the keys will be on a par :D
Note to Explorers and Master Builders; just kidding :roll:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zx10ben said:
7 hour journey! Where are you collecting the car from Gary? Wales not have any dealerships? :lol:
or

I have to pick it up at Jaguar MIL at Peterboro I tried to get it pushed through Cardiff but no dice.

gary

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Aw fella if only I'd known it was a Mil purchase earlier!

I'm doing the same and was not overly impressed that not only did I have to drive from germany, but then as soon as I arrived in Blighty I'd have to drive up to Peterborough as well! I've now managed to sort out the dealership delivering the car to a branch down in kent to make things easier for me. It is possible, just takes a lot of huffing and puffing by sales reps :lol:

Oh well, at least you've had a nice drive taking the car back home, I've still got 6 weeks left and its going by very slowly :cry:

Have fun and lets have some photty's on here sharpish!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zx10ben said:
Aw fella if only I'd known it was a Mil purchase earlier!

I'm doing the same and was not overly impressed that not only did I have to drive from germany, but then as soon as I arrived in Blighty I'd have to drive up to Peterborough as well! I've now managed to sort out the dealership delivering the car to a branch down in kent to make things easier for me. It is possible, just takes a lot of huffing and puffing by sales reps :lol:

Oh well, at least you've had a nice drive taking the car back home, I've still got 6 weeks left and its going by very slowly :cry:

Have fun and lets have some photty's on here sharpish!

I have it but its really dirty having driven through awful weather, so pics will have to wait till I clean it. Great car to drive and after looking at some other colour combination I am sure that I made the right choice the charcoal and that burr walnut look classy, it goes as smooth as silk. I hurried the handover because we arrived late due to accidents on the roads and after about 8 hours travel all I wanted was to get in and drive off, even forgot to take a picture at the dealer and I had the camera in my hand, dull or what. I bought a model from the dealer for my grandson so hes as happy as me (£12.99 mind).

The trip back was slow due to the traffic/rain and the odd accident so my final MPG was 35 and a overall speed of 44.5 mph (told you it was slow) and mileage of 213, only 5 miles on the clock by the way.

gary - Im knackered an off to bed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts