XF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
let's be honest...you will never get what advertised...

how old is the car?
is it in tip top condition?
is it your driving style?
is it time of the year?
is it tyre pressures?
is it dpf near full?

no idea dude.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the 2.2 engine is pretty reliable but the figures you say do look a little on the low side
in heavy traffic fuel consumption can average about 30 / 35 mpg but once out on an open road you should easily achieve 40 /45 mpg and on a motorway at a steady speed you should see 50 mpg plus

best ive seen is 58mpg on a trip up the m62 / m1 which surprised me to be honest it's usually closer to 50 mpg on similar trips

·
Registered
7 Posts
the 2.2 engine is pretty reliable but the figures you say do look a little on the low side
in heavy traffic fuel consumption can average about 30 / 35 mpg but once out on an open road you should easily achieve 40 /45 mpg and on a motorway at a steady speed you should see 50 mpg plus

best ive seen is 58mpg on a trip up the m62 / m1 which surprised me to be honest it's usually closer to 50 mpg on similar trips
I'M also getting about 35-37 mpg, ive got a 2.2 rsport black on a 15 plate

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find driving with the paddles allows you to change gears at lower revs giving better consumption
Hi folk getting used to mine now I get 32.6 around going 10 miles to work rural I'm going on run today so will see what I get then I have a 3ltr 62 plate diesel glad of better mpg as I got 24.8 mpg in my 2.5 xtype and the tax is cheaper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts