XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car went in today for it's 1st service, was asked the usual "any problems" to which i replied "no everything is fine"

I was then told that in addition to the service they would be replacing the filler bowl and spring due to many customers having had problems with the flap opening. I know that many have had problems but mine has been fine and the car gets filled up 2 or 3 times a week.

Did i miss something (is it a recall) or just an efficient dealer

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
This is Jaguar Service working as it should :)
There has not been any "recalls" on the XF; just the odd Service update, two of which have now been performed on your car. Dealers will apply service updates when a car visits in the usual way, 1st Service etc, or in the event of complaint by customer as soon as possible. You didn't complain as some have and so your car was swept up eventually :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have also had a recall see below:-

Important Information

2009 Model Year XF Vehicles
Fuel Filler Door Intermittent Operation – K037

Jaguar Cars is providing a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Programme K037 to owners of 2009 model year XF vehicles.

Reason for this program

Jaguar Cars Limited has contacted us to make us aware of a potential quality concern with your vehicle. The fuel filler door is occasionally difficult to open or in some cases cannot be opened at all.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
martinmc666 said:
Mine was recalled to have it's rear seat belts checked
Yes, you are quite right, I was thinking about the fuel filler flap issue. :oops:
In fact the only other proper "recall", in addition to the "D" loop assembly was when Instrument Cluster warning speaker may not have functioned corrrectly. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now here's a quandary :roll:

Before having the filler bowl & spring replaced i never had a problem opening the filler flap (kept it lubricated with silicon spray)

Had the aforementioned replaced during the service, went to refuel today & the filler flap wouldn't open :? A few "presses" later it was OK

Confused or what!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts