XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealers yesterday to sort out the illuminated sills, and the sales guy I'm dealing with said their sales manager went to Gaydon yesterday to test drive the 2 new 3.0D engines.

I haven't spoken to him myself, but I'm told he thought the standard 3.0D was a great engine, but not massively faster than the 2.7D, but that the 3.0DS was 'awesome' :D :D :D

That's all I know and sorry not much to go on, just a snippet to whet the appetite. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi
I called my dealer yesterday and he said the same ...almost :!: The way he worded it was, if you liked the 2.7d then you will love the 3.0d. Yes the 3.0ds is awesome, in want for a less American word ;) , but as he knows our order is for a 3.0d I guess he had to play more on that car than the 3.0ds - basically he said it was a great drive and has invited us up to Oxford to give theirs a drive before we take ownership of ours :)

Roll on the next few weeks..... and for those that have the first ones on order, have a great weekend :!:

Just out of curiosity Andy, which dealer are you using :?: Its just Oxford a bit of a trek for a testdrive (and cant use our local in Sot'on as we dealt with them for most of the pre-purchase of XF but then bought elsewhere due to cost so I and dont feel it would be right/fair to go there) :!:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seems that a number of the dealers were there on Tuesday / Wednesday....

I believe that they tested 3 cars - the 3.0D, 3.0D S and XFR.

3.0 D S
They held a competition ~ about 20 XFs ~ to get the best fuel economy over a mixture of A roads and Motorways. My dealer got 43mpg over 10-15 miles sitting around 57 mph.....again he just said that this car is awesome.

XFR
The test was held on the track - must have had the limiter off, as he told me they had this upto speeds of 175mph. Sounds a real mean machine :twisted: ....but I couldn't justify the cost of fuel travelling 100 miles a day to work!

Has anyone ordered an XFR :?:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XF FX said:
Roll on the next few weeks..... and for those that have the first ones on order, have a great weekend :!:

Just out of curiosity Andy, which dealer are you using :?: Its just Oxford a bit of a trek for a testdrive (and cant use our local in Sot'on as we dealt with them for most of the pre-purchase of XF but then bought elsewhere due to cost so I and dont feel it would be right/fair to go there) :!:
Andy and I have the same dealer - Harwoods Jaguar Chichester. I don't think they will have a demonstrator available as their March allocation has been sold. As it stands my car will be the first 3.0 to arrive, hopefully at the end of next week, followed by Andy's one week later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
XF FX said:
I am the opposite of you Cleo, dealt with Oxford but bought, through drivethedeal, in Exeter saving over £3400. I wonder how you got a good deal in Oxford and I didn't :?: :lol: :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
penultimateblack said:
XF FX said:

Andy and I have the same dealer - Harwoods Jaguar Chichester. I don't think they will have a demonstrator available as their March allocation has been sold. As it stands my car will be the first 3.0 to arrive, hopefully at the end of next week, followed by Andy's one week later.
I was told exactly the same as John (penultimateblack) that Harwoods expect to receive customer cars first, so should get my hands on my little beauty before demos arrive. Would be nice to see one beforehand but also I guess it builds up the excitement and anticipation even more - as if it needed too!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boothy said:
Seems that a number of the dealers were there on Tuesday / Wednesday....

I believe that they tested 3 cars - the 3.0D, 3.0D S and XFR.

3.0 D S
They held a competition ~ about 20 XFs ~ to get the best fuel economy over a mixture of A roads and Motorways. My dealer got 43mpg over 10-15 miles sitting around 57 mph.....again he just said that this car is awesome.

XFR
The test was held on the track - must have had the limiter off, as he told me they had this upto speeds of 175mph. Sounds a real mean machine :twisted: ....but I couldn't justify the cost of fuel travelling 100 miles a day to work!

Has anyone ordered an XFR :?:
That is all very commendable, and maybe I'm being a tad immature here, but what I want to know is how fast it is, how it accelerates off the line and more importantly what the mid range punch is like :D :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:
That is all very commendable, and maybe I'm being a tad immature here, but what I want to know is how fast it is, how it accelerates off the line and more importantly what the mid range punch is like :D :D
More than adequate :p :p :p :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts