XF Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now that the car is sorted it's time to set up the insurance.
I received a mail from Jag Ins this morning, quoting me about £750 for my new motor.
I rang out of interest, to establish just how they can raise a quote based on no information about my past driving history?
On receipt of all this From me and after listening to the blurb about how they are the only people who can ensure that any warranty would not be compromised in the event of an accident etc etc they hit me with the sum of £2k.
Once I'd got off the floor the young man explained that they may be a little bit more expensive than other outfits blah de blah.
Anyway, I've agreed to a shade over £600 with a.n.other
This isn't too bad IMHO, if only due to me not having insured a car for over 20yrs and I'm going to be using it as a padded toolbox for work.....
im now looking at Gap cover and will speak to our friends noted below.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was quoted nearly 1000. same story about making sure etc etc. ended up with 650, obviously somewhere else
It is a bit of a silly price. I cannot imagine many people taking them up on their most marvellous offer.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Dave, I assume you know that your company driving experience counts fully for any no claims bonus on your private car. Just ask your company insurers for a letter confirming your blameless record.(assuming) Even one year or more is better than nothing. In any event your new insurance company can check if you tell them your company car insurers

·
Registered
970 Posts
I thought it was standard practice to get a letter from the company from which you had a company car confirming your claim record during that time. Perhaps a broker would help here.

SNAP!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dave, I assume you know that your company driving experience counts fully for any no claims bonus on your private car. Just ask your company insurers for a letter confirming your blameless record.(assuming) Even one year or more is better than nothing. In any event your new insurance company can check if you tell them your company car insurers
I did that and insured with Aviva after first phoning, reading out the letter, sending a copy to them and confirming that it counted as no claims. 2 weeks later they phoned me back and said sorry, it could not be accepted but they could give an introductory discount instead. It was cheaper than the no claims rate by about £20........ and no, I don't understand it either.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Malleman. that's just about right. In fact Aviva are happy to take my word and will speak with Fleet themselves. Direct Line would not entertain that until my Co car was returned and would first charge me at 0 yrs NCb and then to 9yrs ( I've got about 15) once the car has gone back to Fleet. That didn't make sense but there must be methods in their madness, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quite true Bernard, to a degree. One outfit just didn't want to know and others make it difficult to buy online.
I'm reasonably happy with £608 for business use though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have my XF, son's. Audi Quattro and wife's Jazz, all insured for about £750 with Admiral Multicar. Obviously a range of things, perhaps principally location, come into the calculation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Giggled when Jag insurance quoted me £1600 (but they would use genuine Jaguar body panels if required); with full no claims, got my 2012 PL 3.0D covered for me and the misses for £340 (with business cover, commuting, minimum excess, legal cover and protected no claims).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts