Considering buying 2009 XFR
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Considering buying 2009 XFR

Evening guys

Same old story, after many years of German cars, I am considering buying a 2009 XFR, had a test drive today and was very impressed. Due to a new baby, I currently have a 525 estate, gets the job done but not what I would call a driver’s car. The car I am looking at has 90k miles and around the £15k mark. I there anything I should look out for, except for the service history and receipts.

Grateful for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

At this age the few common failings will have been repaired. Differentials on some were replaced due to carborundum contamination left in by the supplier. Transmission controller boards were defective on many. Fuel filler flap was defective. Supercharger gaskets under the unit were found to leak air which was expensive to fix because the supercharger had to be lifted off to get to the foam gasket.

But these were all deficiencies showing up early in the cars lives and must have either not happened or been fixed already. Nothing chronic has shown up in these cars as they have aged. Very well built.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Buy it, enjoy it, and do your best to forget you ever had a BMW

PS: if you've had the BM for long I advise you ask your dentist to check your fillings are all still in place
    2016 MY XF Prestige (X260) 2L Diesel in Quartzite with Jet trim, Cold Climate pack, SS Spare & Tinted windows.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I can't give any advice on what to look out for as I have only just swapped my tried and tested BMW 530d Tourer (2002 with 280,000 on the clock) to a 14 plate Sportbrake 3.0 XF-S. The BM was rock solid and I enjoyed owning it but it didn't make me smile like this Jag does when I put it in Sport mode and give it some welly. If it makes you feel good then have it.