F Pace 296 bhp Ingenium four petrol launched
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

F Pace 296 bhp Ingenium four petrol launched

NY auto show launches 296 hp Ingenium petrol in the new base F Type.

Should put paid to the unsubstantiated allegations that the Ingenium isn't modern and powerful.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

OMG!!!!

Yet another launch!!!

Go to JaguarUSA.com - no where can you get info, price or order an Ingenium-powered F-Type.

It is a unicorn - only exists in Jaguar powerpoints, press releases and weekly launches.

Apparently, Jaguar feels it needs to "launch" everything multiple times over 3-years before it gets cancelled or goes on sale.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    NY auto show launches 296 hp Ingenium petrol in the new base F Type.

Should put paid to the unsubstantiated allegations that the Ingenium isn't modern and powerful.
    I am sure that it will be powerful and the fact that nobody has seen or tested one confirms that it will be seen as modern.
    However I think it was your friend BMVIrep that pointed out that it will be seen by some as uncompetitive in relation to some other makers engines.
    Discuss

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

The car at the NY Auto show had a four cylinder engine on display in the engine compartment.

The car has also been driven according to reports.

Tic, toc, tic, toc - The Tesla Model 3 probably goes on sale in the US before the unicorn F-Type Ingenium.

I like Jaguar - but the brand is run by interns in the PR department that think announcing things over and over again is how you stay relevant.
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    Noticed this post on American forum.
    If it is the case that dealers are still peddling 2015 F-Type cars the arrival of the small Ingenium engine might help but it certainly doesn't look like a roaring success.

Centurion said:
    Fair game to JLR. They are using the 296hp 4 pot to make the F-Type more affordable for TT/Z4/SLC customers. It's the same engine that will make the entry-level Velar a bigger threat to the Germans than the Range Rover Sport was.

VW have offered "low power" base engines for decades and it has helped them meet budget conscious customers halfway and grow production numbers.

The roadster segment isn't exactly a fast rising one. I therefore don't blame JLR for taking action in preventing F-Type sales from shrinking to minuscule numbers.
    At my local JLR dealer, my friend who is sales associate candidly told me that some dealerships nationwide secretly wish the F-Type hadn't gone on sale because sales have been dead. The fundamental probelem is it's SLC/Boxster sized, but SL priced. Maybe the Turbo 4 will alleviate the problem.

Some dealships still have unsold MY2015, which means it's been sitting for 3 years

I predict the small luxury sports car segment will slowly disappear within the next decade.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Hard to believe that it is true !

Demand for the four cylinder engines will be modest in North America. The price difference will be quite small and petrol is dirt cheap at the moment.

The F Type four will offer better handling feel due to lighter engine weight but most buyers will still want six cylinder power. There is no doubt an Ingenium in line six will appear quite soon.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    Demand for the four cylinder engines will be modest in North America. The price difference will be quite small and petrol is dirt cheap at the moment.

The F Type four will offer better handling feel due to lighter engine weight but most buyers will still want six cylinder power. There is no doubt an Ingenium in line six will appear quite soon.
    "Quite soon"
    Care to define that ?

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    "Quite soon"
    Care to define that ?
    By model year 2019.

Hahahah - an I6 will have to be "launched" several dozen times, before you can actually buy one.

And of course, it will stick out past the front of the car, since Jaguar has no clue how to package an I6 in the engine bay.