New XF floorpan
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Thread: New XF floorpan

New XF floorpan

Does anyone know if the 3D digital fit floor mats from a 2015 XF will fit the 2016/17 XF?

Put another way, were there substantial changes in the size and positioning of the drivers side floorpan in the new XF?

I'm looking for the type of floor mat that is more of a tray (think WeatherTech, or Digital Floor Liner) than the current Jaguar all weather mat - those don't provide enough interior floor protection in areas with snow/slush/salt that can get tracked into the car on a regular basis.

Anyone have ideas/source ?

Dave
    2016 R-Sport, 3.0 S/C, Italian Racing Red, Jet/Jet/Red, HUD,
    2015 Explorer, white/grey leather
    2012 SLK350, black/tan leather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Didn't see it earlier, perhaps a moderator could move this to the ask Jaguar section if appropriate.

I'd say zero chance the older fitted mats could fit the new XF. If they were to then mat makers would be the first to know.

All the dimensions of the new XF differ from the 20 year old S Type platform the old XF is based
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

That's what I suspected, but I can't seem to find any information on the changes, other than the rear compartment has been lengthened. All the write up information suggests not much has changed in the front area. Of course, the structure now being aluminium is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin75 View Post
    That's what I suspected, but I can't seem to find any information on the changes, other than the rear compartment has been lengthened. All the write up information suggests not much has changed in the front area. Of course, the structure now being aluminium is new.
    Given the new aluminum platform and the significant improvement in collision performance there is no chance the floorpan was not completely changed.

One big North American supplier is weather tech and they list custom moulded floor mats up to 2015 model year but only the cut to fit universal model for 2016 or 2017.

Since these guys laser shoot each new car as soon as they see a market for their products, if they haven't done so yet then nobody has.

I assume you assume familiar with the drawbacks of rubber mats? I don't use them because they hold water in puddles. Not good for trouser cuffs.
    Last edited by jagular; 02-01-17 at 00:35.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    I assume you assume familiar with the drawbacks of rubber mats? I don't use them because they hold water in puddles. Not good for trouser cuffs.
    ...and also with rubber mats, any water under the mat stays there, as it can't evaporate "through" the rubber.
    2012 3.0D Premium Luxury

Hi Dave,

I am aware of the water that gets under mats. With the digital floor liners it acts like a tray, and keeps any water from winter snow in the tray portion, not allowing it to leak into the carpeting. I've used them successfully for years in MB's and other vehicles. Like all floor mats, one has to vacuum with a wet/dry to ensure any water trapped is removed.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    One big North American supplier is weather tech and they list custom moulded floor mats up to 2015 model year but only the cut to fit universal model for 2016 or 2017.

Since these guys laser shoot each new car as soon as they see a market for their products, if they haven't done so yet then nobody has.
    I have the WeatherTech mats in my 2011 XF, and they're great. Except for the fact, that my wife doesn't like the feel of them. She prefers soft carpets. On the homepage of WeatherTech you can ask about the mats for your car, and they'll contact you, when they become available. Perhaps it's worth it to show interest by doing that. If a lot of people ask for the mats, they may start making them.

http://www.weathertecheurope.com
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Already done, but thank you for the suggestion. Unknown if I will receive a response.